Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-12-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
240sx_s13

Trader Rating: (0)
240sx_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rb25det or sr20det?

im really thinkin about puttin an RB25DET in my 90 240sx and im just wonder if an SR20DET swap would be better? and why? thanks..
240sx_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2005, 10:09 PM   #2
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
i dont think you should do either of them..... because?!....... you dont know what your talking about......
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 10:11 PM   #3
kingsol
Zilvia FREAK!

kingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enoughkingsol will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to kingsol
we really should have trial users

There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better for worse as his portion; that though the wide universe is full of good, no kernel of nourishing corn can come to him but through his toil bestowed on that plot of ground which is given to him to till.
-Emerson
kingsol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think a game of russian roulette would be best for you keep doing it until somthing happens
Old 05-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #5
ghostuss
Zilvia FREAK!

ghostuss is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ghostuss
let the flame start

ButtonWillow, CA entire circuit drift/grip event by shock drifting spot for sale. Take over my spot for $150 only.
ghostuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:56 PM   #6
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
RB!! be unique and those things are sturdy as f*ck... capable of high hp numbers...

and you'll need to buy my downpipe..
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.p...972#post721972
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 02:12 PM   #7
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
What are your goals for your car? What is your budget? Have you done ANY type of research?
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 02:28 PM   #8
SR240DET
Zilvia FREAK!

SR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud ofSR240DET has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to SR240DET
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14
What are your goals for your car? What is your budget? Have you done ANY type of research?

he has no goals(why would he ask a forum what engine to get if he as a set goal) obviously he hasnt done any research..... if he has done any... he wouldnt be asking us which engine.....
SR240DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:21 PM   #9
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR240DET
he has no goals(why would he ask a forum what engine to get if he as a set goal) obviously he hasnt done any research..... if he has done any... he wouldnt be asking us which engine.....

Then you can see the point in my post. Hopefully he can do the same....
SimpleS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:38 PM   #10
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
b16 for sure
Old 05-13-2005, 04:55 PM   #11
Siege_a

Siege_a is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Siege_a Send a message via Yahoo to Siege_a
Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot
b16 for sure
LOL!! I second that!
Siege_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 05:42 PM   #12
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
ka-t ............all the way

there was a guy posting about the sr24det earlier tho, u might want to ask him where he got his facts.. i heard those engines are a easy find
Old 05-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #13
BLT123
Leaky Injector

BLT123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to BLT123
Do some research first. There are other threads that I think have already discussed this as well you can do a search. Don't mind the know-it-alls up there, they're godly and don't make mistakes. Makes em feel cool.

Quick answer is if you're going to go track then the SR will do best. The RB weighs 150kg more up front which will screw with your balance.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:27 AM   #14
sblack13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud ofsblack13 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
you should sell your 240sx and buy a honda civic i heard they are fast.
sblack13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:10 AM   #15
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Thumbs up

u should really be looking into the B series engines.

Most ppl go with the B18C1s, but if u want a redtop with higher compression you should go with the B18C5s but those a little more expensive. They also tend to get stolen alot if u go around showing it off. If ur on a tight budget, look into the B16A. Just as high redline, but 10HP less. If u want the monster swap, H22 and K20 is for u! If u want a project motor, i would go with the B18B and swap on any Vtec head such as B18c or B16. LSVTEC tends to pull harder than the B18Cs because of the longer stroke which equivilates to higher torque.

GL on ur car.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:24 AM   #16
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

Thank you for playing, ladies and gentlemen

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:03 PM   #17
sepulchral
BANNED

sepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymoresepulchral is not welcome here anymore
do a rb20det i promise its not a waste of time
sepulchral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:38 PM   #18
wootwoot
Post Whore!

wootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to allwootwoot is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to wootwoot
Whats that engine where my balls go in someones mouth?? I forgot to mention that before but those things are pretty dang nice
Old 05-14-2005, 03:31 PM   #19
metalsiren
BANNED

metalsiren is an unknown quantity at this point
i`d got with a miata motor you dont need no SR or RB . Oh and when motor shopping make sure it comes with a free flamesuit
metalsiren is offline   Reply With Quote