Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Administration > Forum Suggestions & Technical Support

Forum Suggestions & Technical Support Post any suggestions or questions related to this site.

Old 03-18-2005, 11:37 AM   #1
Yoshi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Yoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to beholdYoshi is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ad banner mis-linking

ad banners (sponsored, not the "turbo any car for $69.99" ones at the bottom... ya, why do we encourage that stuff anyways?)...

So ya, more often than not, when I click a sponsor banner, it doesn't take me to the sponsor i'm trying to get to, it goes to a sponsor's link sure enough, but I have about a 50% chance of getting to the one i was intending to. Example, I want to go to Boostaholic.org, I see the ad at the top, *click* next thing I know I'm at ImportIntelligence.com... does this happen to anyone else? Or is it part of Mark's master plan to get more than 1 click out of the sponsor banner ad space? In which case, that's genius, hahaha! Wish I'd thought of it!

www.360realms.com/S13-S15
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #2
RJF
Super Administrator & Bean Counter

Trader Rating: (0)
RJF has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just tried six different banners and they all worked fine.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:15 AM   #3
91CRXsiR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self91CRXsiR is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 91CRXsiR Send a message via MSN to 91CRXsiR
i think hes talking about the ads by google adwords.. and i think those are random by google and help pays for the server/fees/bandwith blah blah
91CRXsiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
Andrew Bohan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Andrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfectionAndrew Bohan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
it's supposed to do that. it's a mis-linking system. it allows the ads to keep bringing in money even when the forum is slowing down.
Andrew Bohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
mk20116
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
mk20116 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
offtopic, but eh.
a list of zilvia's paid advertisers would be nice though.....looking for stuff currently, but would like choices...

mk20116 is offline   Reply With Quote