Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-01-2020, 09:27 AM   #13261
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/09/01/...orts-car-400z/

https://twitter.com/NissanMotor/stat...553595912?s=20

Well ain’t this some shit. Almost as if Nissan is reading this thread and our absolute disappointment in them and then decided to debut the Z prototype to appease us.

Debuts in 15 days.

Well well well boys and girls we have some real Nissan news to look forward to.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:46 AM   #13262
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Wow, definitely unexpectedly sooner than later. Kind of excited for once haha. Does a prototype reveal involve mechanical specs as well? That'd be the more interesting bit.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:52 AM   #13263
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
There's no way the Japanese government is letting a Chinese company buy out Nissan. They'd have let France have if they were inclined to let foreigners take over.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:10 AM   #13264
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Well ain?t this some shit. Almost as if Nissan is reading this thread and our absolute disappointment in them and then decided to debut the Z prototype to appease us.

Debuts in 15 days.

They just released that official teaser. That usually only happens days or weeks before the official release. This seems like a long time actually, though the others I'm thinking of were other Japanese manufactures so there's bound to be some variation.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:32 AM   #13265
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Nissan has this weird history with concepts and prototypes. If it’s NOT a sports car, they debut almost production ready concepts. If it’s a sports car however like the R35 and Z33 they have incredibly long and drawn out development periods.

I’m hoping with Ghosn out the damn way they can start fast tracking stuff, in a good way. With Ghosn it was always about making cars from a bean counter perspective.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:54 AM   #13266
tromer9

tromer9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
They just released that official teaser. That usually only happens days or weeks before the official release. This seems like a long time actually, though the others I'm thinking of were other Japanese manufactures so there's bound to be some variation.
Very interesting. I'm excited to see the actual style.
tromer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:31 AM   #13267
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I'm really pumped for a car I am never going to buy.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #13268
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I'm really pumped for a car I am never going to buy.
i was poised and ready to drop a deposit down for a IDX, but that dream will never come.

new z will be something i'd consider in 2035 when they're 10yrs old and have depreciated down into the mid $20k range. I'll be in my 50s then.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 11:36 AM   #13269
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
i was poised and ready to drop a deposit down for a IDX, but that dream will never come.

new z will be something i'd consider in 2035 when they're 10yrs old and have depreciated down into the mid $20k range. I'll be in my 50s then.
So was I. If this Z is stick and is a good performer AND really looks like a new S30 I?ll be sold.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:41 PM   #13270
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Apparently below was posted from Nissan's chief designer.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:31 PM   #13271
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Apparently below was posted from Nissan's chief designer.

Oh shit I love that rear!!!!
Old 09-02-2020, 03:42 PM   #13272
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I see Z32 which is good.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:11 PM   #13273
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=KFqtZFycG7k

"The Z Proto will be unveiled September 16 at the Nissan Pavilion"
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 08:16 PM   #13274
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Are running s16's, i mean frs's obtainable for 6k yet?
Old 09-02-2020, 08:22 PM   #13275
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:

Well ain?t this some shit. Almost as if Nissan is reading this thread and our absolute disappointment in them and then decided to debut the Z prototype to appease us.

Debuts in 15 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=KFqtZFycG7k

"The Z Proto will be unveiled September 16 at the Nissan Pavilion"
Literally welcome to yesterday.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:56 PM   #13276
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Literally welcome to yesterday.
Oh shit lol Just making sure no one missed this
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:13 AM   #13277
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/09/03/...-technologies/

This should have been Nissan. But they?re too busy trying to unfuck themselves.
Old 09-03-2020, 08:36 AM   #13278
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Are running s16's, i mean frs's obtainable for 6k yet?
no, but they're getting close
(this is salvage title, but still)
https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...187728002.html

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:35 AM   #13279
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
https://www.autoblog.com/2020/09/03/...-technologies/

This should have been Nissan. But they?re too busy trying to unfuck themselves.
Seriously. I would've advocated more for a Toyota/Nissan alliance since Toyota is injecting more sportiness in their models than Honda at the moment, but anything would be an improvement at this point haha.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:22 AM   #13280
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Ford needs to partner with Nissan already... so they can badge engineer the Mustang to the Silvia

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:10 PM   #13281
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
I'd have no issue with Nissan using the Ecoboost 2.3 for a new Silvia. Chassis needs to be done by Nissan, though...

Also, it needs to be within 200lbs of the S15. lol
BryanSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:50 PM   #13282
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Ford needs to partner with Nissan already... so they can badge engineer the Mustang to the Silvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSayWhat View Post
I'd have no issue with Nissan using the Ecoboost 2.3 for a new Silvia. Chassis needs to be done by Nissan, though...

Naw, all both would care about I'd the money they'll save using the Ecosport chassis for the next Juke.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #13283
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:

no and no... would much rather have current Mustang chassis with different interior and exterior. aftermarket world for the current mustang is HUGE! dont need to re-invent the wheel. new chassis is out of the question.

Nissan needs to partner with Ford, badge engineer the Silvia and follow the business model of the Supra. DONE!

Btw guys, not to burst any bubbles... but based on pricing from the 2002 S15 Spec-R Aero at $27,500, the car would cost roughly $39,000 in modern times.

Old 09-03-2020, 03:47 PM   #13284
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:

id have to agree with this. if you want both chassis and engine, just get the mustang then. more variety is welcome and its nice if nissan could contribute more and avoid much of stigma from the Zupra. I do think the mustang chassis would be great for an infiniti Q60 replacement or similar midsize luxury tourer

now if you?re dead set on badge engineering, the fiesta st and focus st or rs, that would cool. the current sentra and altima suck anways. would be less painful to lose the fiesta st if it were to be resurrected at the new nissan pulsar gtir
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:18 PM   #13285
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

BryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud ofBryanSayWhat has much to be proud of
Quote:
no and no... would much rather have current Mustang chassis with different interior and exterior. aftermarket world for the current mustang is HUGE!
Do you really think a new Silvia wouldn't gain an even bigger aftermarket world?

Quote:
dont need to re-invent the wheel. new chassis is out of the question. Nissan needs to partner with Ford, badge engineer the Silvia and follow the business model of the Supra. DONE!
Why would they do that when they could just make a 4cyl Turbo Z? Also, why would S-chassis enthusiast want a new Silvia that's heavier than a current gen and probably next gen Z?

Quote:
Btw guys, not to burst any bubbles... but based on pricing from the 2002 S15 Spec-R Aero at $27,500, the car would cost roughly $39,000 in modern times.
I'm sure it would be comparable to how much the 03 350Z and 04 STI cost then vs. now:

2004 WRX STI (base) - $32,000 MSRP (which would be $43,892.18 in modern times)

2020 WRX STI (base) - $36,995 MSRP

2003 Nissan 350Z (base/ MT) - $26,370 MSRP (which would be $37,133.12 in modern times)

2020 Nissan 370Z (base/ MT) - $30,090 MSRP
Old 09-03-2020, 05:26 PM   #13286
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:

That might work.
Oh, and no Pony F... bodywork please.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:38 PM   #13287
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Why would they do that when they could just make a 4cyl Turbo Z? Also, why would S-chassis enthusiast want a new Silvia that's heavier than a current gen and probably next gen Z?
Because it have to be bigger and possibly self driving.
Can't thing about other reason, lol
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 05:48 PM   #13288
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
wont be a 4 cyl turbo Z... most likely two trims, N/A and turbo V6.

doubt the new Z will be much lighter than previous gen. its a touring car... and its still being built on the FM platform (or whatever theyre calling it now). most likely around 3200-3400lbs

Old 09-07-2020, 11:41 AM   #13289
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBlHM41wnL8

That sure looks like an automatic...
Old 09-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #13290
BryanSayWhat
Zilvia Member

Looks like a manual to me.