Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:34 PM   #1
inlineesiixxx

Trader Rating: (0)
inlineesiixxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Driver seatbelt problem!

After searching around I read the most common causes were a blown fuse (have had this happen before, but not the case this time), wires grounding out, and a bad motor.

My problem is unlike any others i have read about though.

My seatbelt is stuck in the open position and won't budge. The track looks fine, i took off panels and all the wiring looks fine, and the passenger belt works every time. When i close the door and put the key in the seatbelt button is always flashing... when i turn the acc on or turn the car on fully the door jingle goes ape shit for 5-10 seconds and then stops, but the seatbelt never moves or makes an effort and the seatbelt light on the cluster never stops blinking. I cant think of anything else to try :/ I'm thinking i may take someone else's advice and go s14 seatbelt for driver side, but would like to fix the one i have currently if it is something easily fixed.
inlineesiixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #2
Rayne
Zilvia Addict

Rayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfectionRayne is close to perfection
The easiest fix would be to install manual seatbelts. Other wise you will need the factory service manual and follow the diagnostic procedures to find out what the problem is.
Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #3
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You can use an allen key to wind the seat belt back to the door closed position and remove the plugs for the motor. I used to have to do this like every 6mo or so after a few minutes plug the motor back in and test it out. The key here is to stop the motor before the buckle reaches fully open. because it takes less time to reset it, if it's still is acting weird.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 07:09 AM   #4
inlineesiixxx

inlineesiixxx is an unknown quantity at this point
alright ill try that today. thanks y'all
inlineesiixxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #5
kruked
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
kruked is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Make sure that the door harness is plugged in on either side. I don't know how it works but the 2 are tired into each other. If the harness for the door is unplugged from the chassis harness, the seat belt motors will open, but won't retract.
kruked is offline   Reply With Quote