Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-18-2014, 10:33 PM   #1
JDMBart
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (-1)
JDMBart is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Overfenders Discussion

What do you guys think about over fenders? I am currently on the fence about getting overs. My quarter panels are in good shape and rust free so I would like to keep them, but being able to run wider wheels is always a plus. How durable are they? Since they are fiberglass the durability has always been one of my greatest concerns. Also what brand do you guys recommend? Thanks!
JDMBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
How about YOU do the research and YOU make up your own mind since its YOUR car and YOUR money.

BTW they're not plastic, they're almost always fiberglass. One or two companies made carbon fiber overs, but no one ever sold many sets.

How wide of wheels and what offset are you planning on running that you are cutting up perfectly good metal to fit?

What car do you drive?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:57 PM   #3
JDMBart

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
How about YOU do the research and YOU make up your own mind since its YOUR car and YOUR money.

BTW they're not plastic, they're almost always fiberglass. One or two companies made carbon fiber overs, but no one ever sold many sets.

How wide of wheels and what offset are you planning on running that you are cutting up perfectly good metal to fit?

What car do you drive?
s13 vert. Well one of my quarter panels is a little banged up from a previous owner but it is repairable. No going to run wide wheels yet but going to paint my car soon and am trying to decide weather to buy overs or leave my quarters alone. Must make up my mind before I get the car painted.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #4
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
How wide of wheel/tire combo are you shooting for? I run an 18x11 with a 285 tire with just a pull. I'm not scraping frame, but I'm low enough. You can find some pics here:

http://broadfield.wordpress.com/2010...w-crappy-pics/

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:13 PM   #5
hypercrush
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
hypercrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Get the car painted with the metal fenders. If you aren't needing widebody because you don't have the wheels for it than cutting up a car seems kinda silly at this time. Especially considering you can cut them later, paint the overfenders if/when you get them and put them on with no need to repaint your 1/4 panels (unless you're going to mold them in, eww).
Old 03-18-2014, 11:17 PM   #6
JDMBart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypercrush View Post
Get the car painted with the metal fenders. If you aren't needing widebody because you don't have the wheels for it than cutting up a car seems kinda silly at this time. Especially considering you can cut them later, paint the overfenders if/when you get them and put them on with no need to repaint your 1/4 panels (unless you're going to mold them in, eww).
I actually probably would mold them (cant stand rivets) that is why I am having this debate. I will most likely keep my stock quarter panels however