Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-23-2012, 03:43 AM   #181
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedhellrider View Post
lol cages ,iv never seen a s chassis on its roof lol
Are you shitting me?

Lets all not cage any race car because you dont see them upside down.

S14 drift crash - YouTube
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #182
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedhellrider View Post
lol cages ,iv never seen a s chassis on its roof lol
I know, dumb right? lol

Old 02-23-2012, 04:51 AM   #183
blessedhellrider
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
blessedhellrider is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
Are you shitting me?

Lets all not cage any race car because you dont see them upside down.

S14 drift crash - YouTube
calm down there buddy ,was just a little bit of sarcasm.!
blessedhellrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #184
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Honestly though its fairly unlikely that you'll actually roll your car but don't forget all the other benefits of a cage (chassis stiffness, side protection, proper harness mounting, they look awesome, etc..)

It's obvious that most s-chassis are not used for high speed road racing but they're designed to crush up, so its your call.

I can't wait to get on building mine! There has got to be more cages on this forum.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #185
Shatzen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Shatzen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Heres mine

Shatzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:53 AM   #186
TheClutchKicker
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
TheClutchKicker is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I like.. ^^
TheClutchKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #187
BTplaya
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
BTplaya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just finished my 6-point this weekend. Not looking forward to painting it though.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #188
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Is it just me or does this look horribly wrong?
!Zar! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #189
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
The main loop looks like its closer to the C pillar rather than being almost parallel to the B pillar
ghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #190
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Its definetly not just you.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #191
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Don't remember if i posted this or not.

ALmost full interior with full cage.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #192
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Mine. Track car. Done by Battle Version.

Last edited by ryandriftingfat; 09-10-2013 at 04:44 PM..
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #193
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
bumping this old ass thread up.

I will be getting the S&W 8pt cage and installing that with a few modifications. ill be looking at a full interior with carpet rear seats, everything.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:21 AM   #194
OBEE

OBEE is an unknown quantity at this point
not mine!

OBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #195
sonomadrifter
Zilvia Junkie

sonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEE View Post
not mine!

Some of this is quite good while other parts are terrible... Id like to see it finished.

sonomadrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #196
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Okay, so this is the cage that Touge Factory is doing for my Modified Class Global Time Attack Car. It's still not 100% complete yet, but you can get a sense as to the quality of the work and what the overall structure of the cage is.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #197
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to slow40sx
Didn't really specify if you could post bolt ins or not but here's my cusco safety 21 and NRG harness bar, eventually will have a nice weld in with door bars but this cage was 300 bucks and it stiffens the chassis especially after I welded in floor plates to bolt it too, so this will do for now

Old 12-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #198
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Are all of you guys running Nascar style door bars for ease of access? An X is stiffer and lighter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow40sx View Post
Didn't really specify if you could post bolt ins or not but here's my cusco safety 21 and NRG harness bar, eventually will have a nice weld in with door bars but this cage was 300 bucks and it stiffens the chassis especially after I welded in floor plates to bolt it too, so this will do for now
A cage that goes around the dash is a no-no if you're looking for safety. That bend greatly weakens the bar, making it much more crush-able should your car end up on it's roof. Also, a hard hit in the front corner and that wheel is probably coming through the flimsy firewall and breaking your foot/leg before it's even touched the cage.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:00 PM   #199
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

slow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud ofslow40sx has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imarvin240 View Post
SR Z33? More info please
Old 12-19-2013, 05:32 PM   #200
slow40sx
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post

A cage that goes around the dash is a no-no if you're looking for safety. That bend greatly weakens the bar, making it much more crush-able should your car end up on it's roof. Also, a hard hit in the front corner and that wheel is probably coming through the flimsy firewall and breaking your foot/leg before it's even touched the cage.
Yeah like I said i paid 300 dollars for a 1000 dollar legit cusco safety 21 to stiffen up the chassis which I feel like is a killer deal for a chromoly bolt in cage engineered by a big name Japanese after market parts company, it stiffens the chassis up nicely and looks pretty cool imo, plus I'm not a competitive race car driver or anything so I don't really have a need for a serious weld in, I just drift for fun with my friends, I just saw it as a way to stiffen up the car and help in an unlikely rollover and if all those badass s-chassis' are running them at the tracks in japan that's good enough for me lol
Old 12-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #201
tauntdevil
Zilvia Junkie

tauntdevil is a well-known jackass
I see mostly caged S13's. Any chance does anyone have photos of the rear setup to an S14? Where exactly do you box to weld the cage too or do you weld a pipe onto a plate and weld the cage to the pipe like the s14 in before pages?

S14 KA NA two cylinders, 75whp limper
tauntdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #202
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauntdevil View Post
I see mostly caged S13's. Any chance does anyone have photos of the rear setup to an S14? Where exactly do you box to weld the cage too or do you weld a pipe onto a plate and weld the cage to the pipe like the s14 in before pages?

I dont have many its still under construction in AZ.. I still am having him add some horizontal bars in the front tube front and thru the firewall bars..and a couple rear end bars.. keep in mind it also will have a small trunk cage .
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #203
tauntdevil
Zilvia Junkie

tauntdevil is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
I dont have many its still under construction in AZ.. I still am having him add some horizontal bars in the front tube front and thru the firewall bars..and a couple rear end bars.. keep in mind it also will have a small trunk cage .
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Who are you having it done by? I am friends with almost every shop out here. (AZ) Would love to go check it out.

Edit: nvm, I remember who you are. Its being done by Intense power with the viper engine.
Long time ago I was offered a Viper engine setup complete, trans, ecu, wiring, etc for $6k but only had 3k. Regret not making it work out.

Hope to see this in person when its finished. When I get some time, Ill stop by there and see how its going. Maybe even send you some more pics.

S14 KA NA two cylinders, 75whp limper
tauntdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #204
SlideOrDie831
Zilvia Member

SlideOrDie831 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tauntdevil View Post
the rear ties into either the strut tower,wheel well, or both. front is either welded to a plate or a box is built and they drill a hole and drop the A pillar into it.

that Z33 is rocking an SR with a P11 head I believe. crazy shit
SlideOrDie831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #205
sonomadrifter
Zilvia Junkie

sonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Are all of you guys running Nascar style door bars for ease of access? An X is stiffer and lighter...
Future rules. I race in other another series (with a different car) and Nascar bars are becoming the standard. Its already mandatory on the divers side (with a sill bar). Next year it has to be on the passenger side too, even though there is no seat or method to carry passengers. The focus is and should be on safety, everything else is a by product.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:39 PM   #206
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonomadrifter View Post
Future rules. The focus is and should be on safety, everything else is a by product.

Interesting. I agree, and highly doubt a Nascar bar is any safer than a proper X, especially if it's just as close to the driver.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:10 AM   #207
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Those really are not true NASCAR door bars either. Those extend into hollowed out doors to help keep it off the driver in the event of a side impact. It would be interesting to see the X style compared to the faux NASCAR bars in a side impact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #208
sonomadrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Interesting. I agree, and highly doubt a Nascar bar is any safer than a proper X, especially if it's just as close to the driver.
At the same distance I would agree. Mine are built this way to retain stock glass and function. I can add an exterior cage to this one (like Powers car) down the road if need be. To be clear a "proper X" in my eyes would be two complete tubes that are joined (A), not cut through like a diagonal through a harness bar (B).

A:

B:

Pulled from NASA FORUMS: No photos, but here is an excerpt of Greg Amy's description:

"But post-race we all got a good look at the car. As described the door was completely destroyed, hammered well into the car. The passenger-side rollcage/intrusion protection had completely failed.

Richie had the venerable "X" bar on the passenger side, one diagonal tube, with two other tubes welded to that to make an "X". That structure failed. Your first thought is probably that the welds failed, but you would be wrong: all welds seemed to hold. The primarily structural failure was on the first main diagonal bar, which simple tore apart at its center in tension. Then, the two triangular "halves" of the X-bar system hinged inwards where they were welded to the main the front hoops, tearing the two tubes partially off.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #209
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I would definitely agree about the two bent bars, and I would make gussets even larger than the ones in that pic.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #210
VegasDrifterS13
Zilvia Junkie

VegasDrifterS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
That frontend looks MEAN. Awesome Design.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
VegasDrifterS13 is offline   Reply With Quote