Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
Do_work.

Trader Rating: (0)
Do_work. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Started from the bottom, now we here (Zilvia before/after thread)

Post em up, post em up. I know a lot of people here on Zilvia have bought some dogged out, ragged out, riced out, or some type of S-chassis and saved it from becoming something that we knew it shouldn't be. I did the same almost 2 years ago and even though it didn't get around to being exactly how I wanted it finished, I definitely enjoyed it and built and slid it till the tires popped lol. I searched for a thread on this topic and found nothing on it (forgive me if there is one, my search function seems to find what it wants) so I figured this would be a cool way for people to show what they have put together, outside of a build thread. More so a before and after thread. I also wanted to see what people have put together because we all build and put together our cars in the way we like them, or in most cases the way that we can afford. So with that being said let's all try to get this thread rolling.

Only rules: Post a before (picture of the car in the state that you first got it) and post a after (picture of how it sits now, whether finished or not). I know we all switch up wheels and add little things like overs but it doesn't matter in here. Feel free to update us with pictures on anything you'd like to share, whether you finally purchased those Works in the super baller sizes you've always wanted or built or you go from oem to a supermade kit!!

Feel free to also add a small description if you want to of what your s-chassis is powered by.

I'll go first. I know its not much but it was one of those cases of saving a s-chassis and doing it on a tight budget.

First day:

Literally last day:

Please excuse the wipers lol.

95 Zenki: Rb20det, vg30det turbo 14 psi, and quality parts

Alright zilvian's lets get this rolling!!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Old 08-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
pyshin
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
pyshin is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Old 08-14-2013, 10:11 PM   #4
ghoti
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
ghoti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 08-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #5
Beemer
Leaky Injector

Beemer is an unknown quantity at this point
hahahahaha ^
Old 08-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
Do_work.

Ohhh dear trolls on Zilvia lol. Noo way. I don't know where yall get time for all this shit. It must be because mommy and daddy fill your pockets while your under your hammock in SoCal. Post up of fuk off. Or don't post a picture of ure single jingle hatch. S-chassis in the south east is just a little bit diff. I guess. more of a be about what you talk about movement
Old 08-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #7
SQUAREroot

SQUAREroot is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL...man iv been around some forums in my day, but this one takes the cake. Straight ruthless haha
Old 08-14-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
GarageMaks14
BANNED

GarageMaks14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Did you mean started from the bottom and I'm still here!? LOL

this is the exact type of shit box I would expect from from middle of no where america where their standards are so low just keep the car running is impressive. Let alone any BS outdated import parts from the late 90's you can get your hands on.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:26 PM   #9
pyshin
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do_work. View Post
...Only rules: Post a before (picture of the car in the state that you first got it) and post a after (picture of how it sits now, whether finished or not). I know we all switch up wheels and add little things like overs but it doesn't matter in here. Feel free to update us with pictures on anything you'd like to share, whether you finally purchased those Works in the super baller sizes you've always wanted or built or you go from oem to a supermade kit!!...
Sound like an individual build thread (for, you know, builds) or the pic thread (for misc. updates).

Quote:
Ohhh dear trolls on Zilvia lol. Noo way. I don't know where yall get time for all this shit. It must be because mommy and daddy fill your pockets while your under your hammock in SoCal. Post up of fuk off. Or don't post a picture of ure single jingle hatch. S-chassis in the south east is just a little bit diff. I guess. more of a be about what you talk about movement
Hey d!psh!t, we're not the ones who made a useless thread and quoted a tool ex-degrassi canadian "rapper" to use as the title.

Doesn't take long to shoot down a thread, I took time out of my amazing day in Southern California just for you.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #10
Do_work.

Quite fun. knowing theres a sil front coupe with lq4/t56 combo waiting to go in once its to specs how I want it. and also a turbo as large as these mofukers heads have blown lol. Guess I shoulda waited to post that one as if I g.a.f
Old 08-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #11
DialedLife
Zilvia Member

DialedLife is an unknown quantity at this point
i think the version youre looking for is 'started from the bottom, im still here'
Old 08-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #12
GarageMaks14
BANNED

I like how the after pictures less panels match going from red to green and the front went from having paint to no paint.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #13
Do_work.

yes ghoti. as you started from here:

And I literally started from a 02 Passat k04 22psi. but please that vtec shall kick in one day. and its amazing that you can have a million wheels that you can post that cant even get close to the offset of cobra's.... Somethins fishy there lol
Old 08-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #14
SQUAREroot

SQUAREroot is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
yes ghoti. as you started from here:

And I literally started from a 02 Passat k04 22psi. but please that vtec shall kick in one day. and its amazing that you can have a million wheels that you can post that cant even get close to the offset of cobra's.... Somethins fishy there lol
Not to be a dick...but that civic still looks nicer than what you posted.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #15
Do_work.

yes because no fuks given on top of fuk supermade. time to make power n not be like the rest. forgive me
Old 08-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #16
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool, I'll play:

Day I bought it

Last picture I took of it
Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
WristWork
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
WristWork is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Looks like you do give a fuck.
Seems like you started from the bottom and fell through a manhole, all you did was crash it and cut your springs.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:01 PM   #18
GarageMaks14
BANNED

there's a trending going on in the south....and it's not good
Old 08-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #19
Grocery Cart
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Grocery Cart is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This would have been pretty cool if someone actually posted their cars instead of turning it into a bash fest. Haha
Old 08-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #20
pyshin
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Quite fun. knowing theres a sil front coupe with lq4/t56 combo waiting to go in once its to specs how I want it. and also a turbo as large as these mofukers heads have blown lol. Guess I shoulda waited to post that one as if I g.a.f
Where are the pics of this build?

"Specs how you want it"? Are you rebuilding the engine/tranny, overboring the block, swapping heads, what do you mean exactly?

Do you even have the proper engine mounts/crossmember, transmission mount/crossmember, custom-length driveshaft, or rear axle for this swap? If so, what do you have? Did you go solid mounts or polyurethane? Why? What's the gearing on the pumpkin and why?

And the turbo... what model is it (I've blown ALOT of turbos) and what kit are you using for the install? What exhaust manifold, BOV, IC, IC piping, etc. etc. etc. are you a professional fabricator or tuner? Because by the looks of your OP it doesn't look like you have the funds for such a build.

What are your goals for the build and the timeline?

You sound like you're blowing hot air because you're upset; try using proper grammar, d!psh!t.

Quote:
yes because no fuks given on top of fuk supermade. time to make power n not be like the rest. forgive me
You're not forgiven. You're an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Cart View Post
This would have been pretty cool if someone actually posted their cars instead of turning it into a bash fest. Haha
Much too late for that, brother ((=.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #21
RD_240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
RD_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
what's a tight budget??
Old 08-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #22
GarageMaks14
BANNED

Also why are you mad a socal?
Old 08-15-2013, 12:03 AM   #23
Do_work.

Im not mad at socal. of course id love to be there. but seeing as a handful of people from socal have nothing better to do with their time then troll on zilvia kinda demotes it in my opinion. No build thread yet. and probably wont do one. ill just document with pictures and post when I have everything close to being done. seeing as it will be this January before ill have everything in the coupe.(Ill be running all motor setup with ls6 cam, along with mildly building the head springs, retainers, etc) and slide this setup. Its currently my dd until I pick up my 87 bobber at the end of this month so ill have a mock up block as well to have the fab work done nearing march. I am not one to b.s so I will tell you someone will be doing the fab work as far as headers for me. (We have a lot of ls guys down here so that wont be a problem). As far as mounts, ill probably use cx mounts and see how they'll align everything. We did a 04 gto 5.7 in my buddies kouki and he went with sikky, which is an awesome company, but I just cant bring myself to spend that type of money for a mount kit. cxracing's kit is pretty affordably priced. as far as driveline i'll do a triple plate clutch to an alum. d/s. Maybe chromoly if I have extra money. rear end will be a kaaz 2way and I have to figure out a strong axle set up. I'll leave the block stock internals and see what it can handle. If it blows then good thing I ran with a lsx setup lol. Timeline goals for the finished lq4/turbo setup will be mayish. turbo will be gt35 or if I run bigger gt40 or something of similar specs estimating 12-15 psi.

Yes this thread would have been pretty cool if not for trolls. but maybe it still has hope.

Tight budget on the s14 was I maybe put 2000 in it motor and suspension set up. as well as a new longblock for dirtcheap. and traded the rb20 stock turbo turn key swap for the 89 coupe sil front (k sports, trust me I know they suck lol, and some other goodies) with 90k on a 97 kade swap. Still have the chassis though
Old 08-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #24
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think what everyone here is saying in a southern friendly translation is to post pics when the car is one color and has matching wheels.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:22 AM   #25
coupesallday!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (18)
coupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the roughcoupesallday! is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via MSN to coupesallday!
Or atleast in the right section. This needs to be locked.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:30 AM   #26
pyshin
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Im not mad at socal. of course id love to be there. but seeing as a handful of people from socal have nothing better to do with their time then troll on zilvia kinda demotes it in my opinion. No build thread yet. and probably wont do one. ill just document with pictures and post when I have everything close to being done. seeing as it will be this January before ill have everything in the coupe.(Ill be running all motor setup with ls6 cam, along with mildly building the head springs, retainers, etc) and slide this setup. Its currently my dd until I pick up my 87 bobber at the end of this month so ill have a mock up block as well to have the fab work done nearing march. I am not one to b.s so I will tell you someone will be doing the fab work as far as headers for me. (We have a lot of ls guys down here so that wont be a problem). As far as mounts, ill probably use cx mounts and see how they'll align everything. We did a 04 gto 5.7 in my buddies kouki and he went with sikky, which is an awesome company, but I just cant bring myself to spend that type of money for a mount kit. cxracing's kit is pretty affordably priced. as far as driveline i'll do a triple plate clutch to an alum. d/s. Maybe chromoly if I have extra money. rear end will be a kaaz 2way and I have to figure out a strong axle set up. I'll leave the block stock internals and see what it can handle. If it blows then good thing I ran with a lsx setup lol. Timeline goals for the finished lq4/turbo setup will be mayish. turbo will be gt35 or if I run bigger gt40 or something of similar specs estimating 12-15 psi.

Yes this thread would have been pretty cool if not for trolls. but maybe it still has hope.

Tight budget on the s14 was I maybe put 2000 in it motor and suspension set up. as well as a new longblock for dirtcheap. and traded the rb20 stock turbo turn key swap for the 89 coupe sil front (k sports, trust me I know they suck lol, and some other goodies) with 90k on a 97 kade swap. Still have the chassis though
Don't boast about something you're not even CLOSE to finishing.

There are "LS guys" everywhere. No shit, it's one of the most popular engines to swap into a myriad of chassis.

If you're worried about budget (picking CXRacing over Sikky are you serious) why are you doing an FI LS swap?

You didn't even mention how you're going to be setting up the turbo (all you said was model and psi). Is your friend that is fabricating your headers also fabricating all of the custom IC tubing necessary for your build to come to fruition? Hell if he can fabricate custom headers why don't you have him fabricate some solid engine/tranny mounts? Shouldn't be an issue with proper mock-up at all.

Nah, this thread would've never been cool because you blew up as soon as anyone said anything negative and you're just now calming down and using proper grammar

And yeah, your S14 before/after pictures don't look like before/after pictures at all.

And yeah, there are already established threads for every reason you started this one.

/thread
Old 08-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #27
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Doesn't the car actually have to be "saved" for this thread to have any credibility???

It STILL needs to be SAVED!!!

Your car is icky and this thread sucks...

Old 08-15-2013, 12:57 AM   #28
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence View Post
Cool, I'll play:

Day I bought it

Last picture I took of it
progress..
Old 08-15-2013, 01:08 AM   #29
Options13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (43)
Options13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the roughOptions13 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
started from the bottom now we here!

before

after

p.s. come on man, you can expect to get a successful thread when you post "started from the bottom, now we here" when your car is in more worse than it was when it was at the "bottom"
Old 08-15-2013, 01:11 AM   #30
GarageMaks14
BANNED

^^^^^i'm not sure if your is serious or not
Closed Thread