Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-20-2013, 06:57 AM   #13501
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbored205 View Post
I have two used transmission sitting in my room. How do i tell if they won't grind in every gear and not work? I can shift through the gears fine and turn the input shaft with a bit of force (not hard or too lose).

it is dirty but not sure if you can tell if anything may be wrong with it based off that. the bearing isnt connected to the fork so that part may look odd.
Hmmm, maybe you could stop looking at it and screwing with it and actually open it up and do an INTERNAL INSPECTION to see if anything is broken or worn. You DO realize this is what people do who know cars, right? One does not just swap out parts and hope for the best...well, maybe a few do, but fuck that...hahaha I said butfuck
Really, open it up, look hard at all the internal parts. Clean it up, and check the seals, syncro's, gear teeth, shafts for bends. If you find seals that are bad(you probably will) replace them. If you find other parts that need attention and do not have the manual, time, or ability, take it to a shop and have it rebuilt. You have two. My bet is you can make a deal with a shop for them to keep one and rebuild the other one for you. Then you have one GOOD tranny to put into your ride and not worry about. Of course putting tranny's in your car might also make you appear odd to your friends because those bitches are ugly!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #13502
Roscoe.
Leaky Injector

Roscoe. is on a distinguished road
So, I bought an SR and the PO replaced the turbo oil return fitting with a threaded fitting that isn't going to work with my Tomei M7960. I new to replace it with the stock fitting or something similar. It seems like the stock fitting is a 1/2" BPT, would it be safe to use a 1/2" NPT?
Roscoe. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:00 PM   #13503
Samson

Trader Rating: (1)
Samson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
is there any difference in the rear hatch pig tail from 89-90 to 91-94? Do they just plug in and you're good?
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #13504
lalo167
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
lalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the roughlalo167 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I got my flywheel resurfaced, the guy resurfaced it as a two step. So the flywheel isn't completely flat. Is that fine or should it be completely smooth?
Old 04-20-2013, 05:03 PM   #13505
DialedLife
Zilvia Member

DialedLife is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisawaJason View Post
LED Replacement Bulbs | LED Lights for Cars | 12v | Super Bright LEDs

did you use the vehicle bulb finder on their site?
Actually I did, but it doesn't say exactly which one, and I haven't a clue.

1993 Nissan 240sx Instrument LED Replacement Bulbs | LED Lights for Cars | 12v | Super Bright LEDs
DialedLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #13506
Spore_Print

Spore_Print is an unknown quantity at this point
hey guys Im new to the whole offsetting and stretching tires things. I would like to find out where I can find general information about doing so.
spores
Spore_Print is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #13507
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
tengo240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so i put recently did a chassis harness/fuse box relocation , all i did was unplug the chassis harness by the passenger side shock tower , pull it thru the wheel well on the drivers side ,organize everything behind the dash bar and put the tw0 fuse boxes over by where the glove box would be , i bolted down evry ground and hooked up my new chasebays harness and plugged it into all the proper chassis plugs , when i turn the key the fuel pump sounds way different ,kinda like its stuck or clogged, and when i try to start i get nothing.
any ideas? could the battery just need jumped? its new but has sat for about the last 6 months. any help would be greatly appreciated.

also its a sr20det redtop,in a 89-90 chassis. it has after market cobra alarm on it aswell wich may or may not be completely installed at the moment.im lost

Last edited by tengo240; 04-21-2013 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: added info
tengo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #13508
e5s4y
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
e5s4y is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengo240 View Post
so i put recently did a chassis harness/fuse box relocation , all i did was unplug the chassis harness by the passenger side shock tower , pull it thru the wheel well on the drivers side ,organize everything behind the dash bar and put the tw0 fuse boxes over by where the glove box would be , i bolted down evry ground and hooked up my new chasebays harness and plugged it into all the proper chassis plugs , when i turn the key the fuel pump sounds way different ,kinda like its stuck or clogged, and when i try to start i get nothing.
any ideas? could the battery just need jumped? its new but has sat for about the last 6 months. any help would be greatly appreciated.

also its a sr20det redtop,in a 89-90 chassis. it has after market cobra alarm on it aswell wich may or may not be completely installed at the moment.im lost
mine is doing this too after almost the exact same thing. fuseboxes relocated in to cabin, chassis harness shortened one wire at a time, lower engine harness extended one wire at a time. Fuel pump some times sounds like its struggling, other times like its fine. Most of the time, i turn and just get a click from the starter. new starter didnt do anything either. I'm stumped. if i dont figure anything out by Thursday im just putting a push button starter in, haha
Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #13509
HipHopHippo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
HipHopHippo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
where can i buy the wire that connects the handbrake switch to the light on the dash? Is there a specific name for it?
Old 04-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #13510
AndyD

AndyD is an unknown quantity at this point
Can a OEM kouki 180sx body kit/style I.E (front bumper, side skirts, extra..) or the RPS13 body kit/style I.E (front bumper, side skirts, extra..) (i dont know the proper term every one says different things from it) but can it fit a 89 or 90 240sx s13? ive only seen it done to 91-93 240sx.
AndyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #13511
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
All s13's, yes. Rear bumper and valances are a no go on coupes though.
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #13512
AndyD

AndyD is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks man much appreciated!
AndyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #13513
Lunghz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
Lunghz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
no one answered my question so i think ill ask again:

okay quick question im about to do a 5 speed swap and on my manual tranny its missing a connector and also 1 or 2 are damaged (from the looks of it) could i simply snip the ones off the auto tranny after its removed and solder them on? so basicly my question is are the connectors the same between auto and manual?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #13514
sicRPS13

sicRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking to do a 5 lug conversion on my 93' s13. Just need to know if J30 hubs will fit s14 spindles? The guy I'm buying from has a s14 stock front suspension and J30 hubs. The s14 hubs are 4 lug. But I remember reading that s14 (4lug) and s14(5 lug) spindles are the same. Is that correct? Just don't wanna buy the wrong parts and waste money. Thanks for any help.
sicRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #13515
babyjesus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
babyjesus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
do s14 auto trans' have a CAS on bellhousing? if so can i just move it over to the 5speed bellhousing?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM   #13516
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunghz View Post
no one answered my question so i think ill ask again:

okay quick question im about to do a 5 speed swap and on my manual tranny its missing a connector and also 1 or 2 are damaged (from the looks of it) could i simply snip the ones off the auto tranny after its removed and solder them on? so basicly my question is are the connectors the same between auto and manual?
I wouldn't worry about it until you drive it and see what happens. One of my connectors for the trans isn't connected either but another one is the speed sensor. I don't know which connectors you are talking about.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #13517
bc.
Zilvia Addict

bc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjesus View Post
do s14 auto trans' have a CAS on bellhousing? if so can i just move it over to the 5speed bellhousing?
Cam Angle Sensor?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #13518
babyjesus
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
babyjesus is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
cas, crank angle sensor
Old 04-22-2013, 12:28 PM   #13519
CleanAndLegit
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
CleanAndLegit is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjesus View Post
cas, crank angle sensor

shouldn't be a problem if it does s14 and s13 trans are the same.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #13520
shalezzz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
shalezzz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey I bought a new shell but unfortunetly it was previously in an accident and the bumper support stud, that has the sliding adjustment, sheered off. Is there any way to remove the old stud and put a new one in? And I can't just use the front one cause that one is funky to.
shalezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #13521
tengo240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
tengo240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
so i worked on a few things , it cranks now but no start, would that be the ecu not getting power? im gonna go over all the relays with a multimeter and see what i get, a friend suggested it is probly the engine harness?
tengo240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:46 PM   #13522
BoostinIX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
BoostinIX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BoostinIX Send a message via AIM to BoostinIX Send a message via MSN to BoostinIX Send a message via Yahoo to BoostinIX
ID of PS return line?

Site to get T6.5 LED's in the S15 cluster?
Old 04-23-2013, 04:20 PM   #13523
idc101
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
idc101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i have sr20derblack top the car had been sitting for over a year finally got it running! ran for a while. was cruising, was stepping on the gas pedal and could hear the turbo start to spool and feel this stutter and car looses power and dies,i pullover and see oil in the ground and my oil filter blew off . i put a new one in and filled it with oil cranks but wont start! what caused it to blow over boosting or what? help any one?
idc101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #13524
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Anyone know where I can find any info on this car? It is gorgeous

Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:21 AM   #13525
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by idc101 View Post
i have sr20derblack top the car had been sitting for over a year finally got it running! ran for a while. was cruising, was stepping on the gas pedal and could hear the turbo start to spool and feel this stutter and car looses power and dies,i pullover and see oil in the ground and my oil filter blew off . i put a new one in and filled it with oil cranks but wont start! what caused it to blow over boosting or what? help any one?
This sounds like the engine sat for a year, gaskets shrunk and dried out, then when the turbo pressurized the system, it also pressurized the crankcase and blew the oil filter out.
Bad news brah; you get to tear your engine apart and rebuild it
Good news? Maybe you didn't break anything real bad, but if you have ever seen a 671ci 6 cylinder turbo diesel engine do this, it is spec...TACULAR!
Freeze plugs blown out the sides, oil filter blown 30' away, and the noise, oh man, it sounded like a wookie just got shot or something as the engine died and the turbo spun down. Man, USMC does get to see cool shit once n a while!
Old 04-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #13526
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
Anyone know where I can find any info on this car? It is gorgeous

Someone really needs to make a JDM license plate translator. It usually takes me about two weeks to trace one down at least to the prefecture googling freakin images.

Love my Zenki, but the RPS13 hatch is always sweet
Old 04-24-2013, 06:53 AM   #13527
Miguelone
Zilvia Member

Miguelone is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
Someone really needs to make a JDM license plate translator. It usually takes me about two weeks to trace one down at least to the prefecture googling freakin images.

Love my Zenki, but the RPS13 hatch is always sweet
HOLY FUCK WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS UNDER TRANSPORTATION OFFICES AND MARKINGS!?!?!?!?

Vehicle registration plates of Japan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Miguelone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #13528
Trinidrift3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Trinidrift3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe. View Post
So, I bought an SR and the PO replaced the turbo oil return fitting with a threaded fitting that isn't going to work with my Tomei M7960. I new to replace it with the stock fitting or something similar. It seems like the stock fitting is a 1/2" BPT, would it be safe to use a 1/2" NPT?
bpt and npt are two different measuring units. one is slightly larger than the other so it will not work. look for an adapter. i believe autometer sells brass ones but i'm not sure if they make it for your size.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #13529
sliderite
Zilvia Member

sliderite is an unknown quantity at this point
wheel replating service? specifically getting one of my 18x4" lips re-chrome plated, does anyone know of a reputable shop? please.

sliderite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #13530
Breareos
Leaky Injector

Breareos is an unknown quantity at this point
I was looking into getting this hood, and I to questions about her that I like some opinions on. Both questions are about the lip, or built-in spoiler, at the back of the hood.

1. do you think it would obstruct vision at all from inside the cabin?

2. It doesn't appear to have holes mounted for the windshield washer fluid nozzles, not like drilling new ones is any problem. Would the lip get in the way of the windshield washer fluid?