Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 10:21 PM   #151
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
Thank you all again for the get well wishes, as of yesterday, Megan was moved to a better hospital. The new hospital believes the last place missed the cause of infection in their surgery and will be operating again Tuesday. The doctors at the new hospital told her that this is the worst case of Sepsis they've ever seen and she might as well have stayed home until yesterday morning. I'm pretty furious at the previous institution's inadequate treatment. The new Dr.s seem much more optimistic about her treatment and they think I might be able to see her later this week. I'm very excited to see my girl and for her speedy recovery. Once again, thank you for the kind thoughts and prayers, please keep them coming as the upcoming surgery still has a fair amount of risk attached to it.
Wow, see what I told you. Sometimes you need another opinion from an outside hospital. Still wishing you and Megan the best!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:33 AM   #152
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
good to hear that you guys got a second opinion done. Hopefully the new hospital gets her taken care of with a quickness!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #153
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin View Post
Might wanna try natural remedies... I find they often work far better than the typical approach with no side effects.

Garlic is highly effective against bacteria/virus/infection. As long as it doesn't contradict any of your medication, I recommend eating (and chewing well) many cloves of the stuff raw. This is what I do if I ever get sick (usually virus) and I'm usually better within 24 hours. Last time I did it I had a 101 degree fever, took a bunch of garlic (must be raw, fresh, and chewed well) and woke up in the morning with my bed drenched in sweat, no fever, feeling fine. I literally sweated it out.

Now, your situation does sound more serious. I would still look into natural/homeopathic remedies though... they can be very powerful. Most pharmaceutical drugs are actually derived from plant/animal sources. (they just add a bunch of poisonous shit, package it, and sell it for way too much)

Garlic can be used in place of antibiotics... but your situation seems to call for something more drastic. Please, do some internet research.

I don't know what the doctors are saying but you probably want to reintroduce good bacteria after you get better because the antibiotics kill them all. This can be done with probiotic supplements (which can be dangerous if you don't get the right ones) or more simply, bovine colostrum, or live, homemade fermented food like sauerkraut.

*This post is not designed to and does not provide medical advice, professional diagnosis, opinion, treatment or services to you or to any other individual. I am not liable or responsible for any advice, course of treatment, diagnosis or any other information, services or product you obtain through this post. Reliance on this information is at your own risk.*

^Pretty ridiculous that I have to put this, but that's what this world has come to.

PM me if you want, I promise I won't recommend anything expensive. That's the problem with natural or homeopathic remedies - they generally can't be profited upon.
corbin definitely good advice for when shes back home but i dont think introducing probiotics in a septic patient is safe at this moment.

probiotics are generally safe when theye in the GI tract but i dont think we know enough about disease state and co-morbidities to recommend them.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:02 PM   #154
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
TurboSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
do you know if the doctors have considered protein c treatment??
I have read about Protein C online, I'm not sure if it has been considered, but it does show promise in the treatment of Sepsis. I think I'll show Megan some info on it and maybe she can run it by her Dr's.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:17 PM   #155
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
Wow, see what I told you. Sometimes you need another opinion from an outside hospital. Still wishing you and Megan the best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisawaJason View Post
good to hear that you guys got a second opinion done. Hopefully the new hospital gets her taken care of with a quickness!!!
I'm really happy she was transferred as well, along with a better plan, the Dr's seem to have a much better bedside manner. My main concern is her getting better and coming home to me...a close second is her feeling comfortable with the people treating her and not being scared. That's the hardest part, knowing that the most important person in my life is scared and all I can offer is words.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #156
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
corbin definitely good advice for when shes back home but i dont think introducing probiotics in a septic patient is safe at this moment.

probiotics are generally safe when theye in the GI tract but i dont think we know enough about disease state and co-morbidities to recommend them.

I agree. Holisitic methods saved my brother's life, but Megan's condition is better left to Dr's for now IMO. I will keep the suggestions in mind for when she's home and safe, and I appreciate the help.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #157
keistyle
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
keistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond reputekeistyle has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via AIM to keistyle
Happy to hear that she was moved to a better hospital. Make sure the RT keeps an eye on her.

How's her Kidney doing?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #158
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by keistyle View Post
Happy to hear that she was moved to a better hospital. Make sure the RT keeps an eye on her.

How's her Kidney doing?
Her kidney's are at about 50%
Old 03-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #159
leapyeargirl1984

leapyeargirl1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks again everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. They mean alot to both of us Hopefully things take a turn for the better here soon. Patrick is the best thing about all this...he always makes me feel better <3 I love you baby!

Megan
Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #160
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leapyeargirl1984 View Post
Thanks again everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers. They mean alot to both of us Hopefully things take a turn for the better here soon. Patrick is the best thing about all this...he always makes me feel better <3 I love you baby!

Megan

I love you too baby, I'll see you very very soon!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:42 PM   #161
leapyeargirl1984

leapyeargirl1984 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes you will <3 And it will be the start of the rest of our lives!! Again, thank you to everyone here for all the thoughts and prayers. It really means a lot to us!!

Megan
Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #162
initial_jc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
initial_jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I dont know what to say but im glad to hear that you guys are getting closer

I want to hear good news
Old 03-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #163
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Things are still up in the air, Megan and I have some pretty scary decisions to make in the near future. You've all shown us so much support, please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She is so strong, but these past few weeks have really been weighing on her heart and mind. Any good vibes you can send her way are still very much appreciated.
Old 03-04-2011, 03:15 PM   #164
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Damnit, Im tearing up in a public place.

Glad to see that things are looking up. Keep strong and you both will make it through this. +2 on the prayers for you both.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:28 AM   #165
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

Please everyone, say a special prayer for my girl this morning and keep her in your thoughts today, she's having a very in-depth surgery and she needs all the positive vibes she can get! I love you Megan, you're my everything.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:17 AM   #166
initial_jc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
initial_jc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good luck and stand by her side
Old 03-09-2011, 10:02 AM   #167
dsastr_clan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
dsastr_clan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Megan you are gonna win and kick this surgery's butt! keep it up
Old 03-09-2011, 02:35 PM   #168
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
I wish you guys the best of luck!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:55 PM   #169
TurboSE
Zilvia Addict

We thank you all for the support...MODS, please close this.
Old 03-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #170
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSE View Post
We thank you all for the support...MODS, please close this.
As you wish.
Let me know if you want it back opened at any point.

And I write too!
Closed Thread