Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-23-2011, 01:22 PM   #1
BiggBriggs

Trader Rating: (0)
BiggBriggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to BiggBriggs Send a message via Yahoo to BiggBriggs
Question Duraflex body kit?

Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm looking at buying the 1989-1994 Nissan 240sx Type U Body Kit : Duraflex for my 91 240sx HB.
I have been reading a lot on duraflex and I've heard a lot of bad and a few good things, I guess thats how it is with everything?
I've seen a lot questions and forums that are a few years old. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Duraflex has improved some of the issues they had a few years ago? Is this worth the 500 bucks? Should I just save for the Origin body kit I want? Also, does anyone have pics of this body kit on their car? Any information about the body kit would be great!
I'm excited to get my project car moving forward and I'm really excited about getting the stock body kit off of the car, so I wanted to get some outside opinions before I rush into this body kit and end up regretting it.
At the moment my car is pretty clean and I would like to keep it that way with a nice fitting body kit and looks well painted, I'm willing to do some work getting it to fit if needed, which most likely will be...? I don't want to kill myself trying to get this to happen or spend weeks to get it to work..
Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!
- Josh
BiggBriggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #2
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggBriggs View Post
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm looking at buying the 1989-1994 Nissan 240sx Type U Body Kit : Duraflex for my 91 240sx HB.
I have been reading a lot on duraflex and I've heard a lot of bad and a few good things, I guess thats how it is with everything?
I've seen a lot questions and forums that are a few years old. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Duraflex has improved some of the issues they had a few years ago? Is this worth the 500 bucks? Should I just save for the Origin body kit I want? Also, does anyone have pics of this body kit on their car? Any information about the body kit would be great!
I'm excited to get my project car moving forward and I'm really excited about getting the stock body kit off of the car, so I wanted to get some outside opinions before I rush into this body kit and end up regretting it.
At the moment my car is pretty clean and I would like to keep it that way with a nice fitting body kit and looks well painted, I'm willing to do some work getting it to fit if needed, which most likely will be...? I don't want to kill myself trying to get this to happen or spend weeks to get it to work..
Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you very much!
- Josh
Although Origin is top notch quality and tends to have excellent fitment....its all fiberglass, a little extra in a corner one time can throw off the fitment. If you are skilled in working with fiberglass you wont have a problem getting your fitment spot on...but the key here is WORK. A cheap kit is a cheap kit and 90% of the time will need work. So it is really up to you and your confidence in fitting that determine what option is best for you. Also you can find cheaper kits here on Zilvia. A generic knock-off kit will fit like any other kit; hit or miss.
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
s13boy89
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
s13boy89 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13boy89
you get what you pay for nuff said...
Old 02-23-2011, 08:18 PM   #4
BiggBriggs

Trader Rating: (0)
BiggBriggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to BiggBriggs Send a message via Yahoo to BiggBriggs
Alright, thank you very much! I really appreciate your help!
I will look on zilvia! I never thought of that, hopefully I'll find something good!
Thank you again!
- Josh
BiggBriggs is offline   Reply With Quote