Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #91
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
this is the only thing I don't agree with as I myself can build that in my front yard. This is a normal thing now in amature cars. Lets remember...even if it's grassroots, doesn't mean it has to be stock. electrical is just safer. tubs just mean you can run bigger wheels, and replacing glass with lexan is safe if people crash and don't want shattered glass everywhere.
Isn't that the point of making the different classes? If you personally want to run those tubs - electrical - glass ect isn't it great to have that class you can run in. And still another class for "amateurs" who build their cars in their front yard...

there doesn't have to be just one.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:41 PM   #92
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKERIOcoupe View Post
Isn't that the point of making the different classes? If you personally want to run those tubs - electrical - glass ect isn't it great to have that class you can run in. And still another class for "amateurs" who build their cars in their front yard...

there doesn't have to be just one.
I just don't see 32 drivers in each class ....we can barely get 40 drivers to show up in atlanta.

not saying it wouldn't be nice...i just think the demand isn't there yet.

I can see two classes working. amature and pro. but this isn't scca...we don't have the whole US being able to do this just yet. give it another 10 years when the sport has actually developed. FD isn't even 10 years old yet.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 05:01 AM   #93
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
Quote:
I just don't see 32 drivers in each class ....we can barely get 40 drivers to show up in atlanta.

I can see two classes working. amature and pro. but this isn't scca...we don't have the whole US being able to do this just yet. give it another 10 years when the sport has actually developed. FD isn't even 10 years old yet.
what your not agreeing with is also the street legal class
would you drive a car on the street without a dash on the daily?
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:35 AM   #94
SHARKERIOcoupe
Zilvia Addict

SHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really niceSHARKERIOcoupe is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to SHARKERIOcoupe
Quote:

I do see what youre saying, even if there were enough drivers in in class like such, the level of competion or skill might nog be so great. Unless the pro drivers or even the better ams wouldnt mind ditching the modded out cars and droppingdown a class. Might be fun and entertaining. I reaaly like what the auto barrel racing is doing, though its not really drifting so much, but "run what you brung". I have a pretgy good idea and when im ready to bust...well ill ldt actions speak
Old 12-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #95
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hatchie View Post
what your not agreeing with is also the street legal class
would you drive a car on the street without a dash on the daily?
yes.....i would. just like my daily doesn't have a heater/ac/working speedo/ and is 1 inch from the ground...

edit: and my gas gauge doesn't work ;D
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #96
Martins13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (-1)
Martins13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
merry christmas for that i cant telll you guys anything for now lol =[
Martins13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #97
tims05
Zilvia Member

tims05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Few issues I see coming from this is that it wont happen.

Biggest thing is questions are being asked halfway thru the off-season. In few months tracks are gonna start opening (atleast around here in nj), people are gonna start getting out there but without things being set in stone and the advertising aspect end of it starting very soon. Its gonna be hard to draw that crowd in. Also drivers need to have some heads up if something like this is really gonna happen.

If something like this does happen soon. Alot of drivers are already baseing there cars off of FD rules and regs. If the D1 rules are going to be different and more relaxed then the FD rules. People need to know NOW.

Id honestly like to see D1 come back to the states and revive itself. The first one I went to was in '07 or '08 i think it was at etown and that one was pretty sweet but only found out about it last min. but it still drew in a huge crowd. Last yrs D1 here in NJ kind of really sucked! Yes it was sweet to see Steve Angerman take 3rd place against some of Japans top drivers but I think ECB was better and more planned out (that being a 2day event also).

I think planning/advertising for something like this should have started months ago. Its going to be ruff to bring it back in 2011 if talks are just starting now and with the D1 losing 3 of the biggest people in it.

Just my thoughts
tims05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #98
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^ D1 is dead man. This is all just hypothetical thought.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #99
Martins13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
^ D1 is dead man. This is all just hypothetical thought.
not yet....not yet
Old 12-25-2010, 12:14 PM   #100
tims05
Zilvia Member

tims05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Corbic as bad as that sounds im with ya on it. Sucks but its coming to a reality.
tims05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:37 AM   #101
Martins13
Zilvia Member

our company has decided to withdraw itself from this project because its becoming " ridiculous"
Old 01-19-2011, 02:32 AM   #102
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
lol
I dont doubt it.
Its in bed with HIN, lol

I turned down a full time marketing position with D1 after anahiem
Its unfortunate though, because they guys on the American side were working really long and hard hours to try and pull it off.

But, all the guys that wanted D1, are that same ones that came online and talked a lot of shit and sank their own ship, lol.
The negative reviews by people that didnt recognize how great the driving was killed it.

And because of the way its run, it wont come back. (and the fact its pretty much done in JPN too, lol)
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:56 PM   #103
Martins13
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
lol
I dont doubt it.
Its in bed with HIN, lol

I turned down a full time marketing position with D1 after anahiem
Its unfortunate though, because they guys on the American side were working really long and hard hours to try and pull it off.

But, all the guys that wanted D1, are that same ones that came online and talked a lot of shit and sank their own ship, lol.
The negative reviews by people that didnt recognize how great the driving was killed it.

And because of the way its run, it wont come back. (and the fact its pretty much done in JPN too, lol)
i sat in a room for seriously 3 days with a whiteboard with other people then..we get told..hey we are not working on this..oneguy said" the driving is just amazing but our people brought this league down"