Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-08-2010, 01:27 PM   #91
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
Well, hell I bought an Isis oil pan too, so please rip me a new ASSHOLE! I understand that buying knock offs hurt companies who do their own RD! But what's up with the price gouging! If the economy is down, people are broke why sell an oil pan for 400 dollars! If u make a quality product and u want to sell that product price it competitively in the market! The Greddy oil pain is only worth 200 maybe 225, thats it!! But if your one of those cool kids, who has to have the top brands go far it!
why not be useful and tell us how it is instead of saying what half of the people in here already said. any issues thus far? how long have you had it.. answer some questions that have been asked instead of repeating things please.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:21 PM   #92
Crazyirish

Trader Rating: (0)
Crazyirish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Well, hell I bought an Isis oil pan too, so please rip me a new ASSHOLE! I understand that buying knock offs hurt companies who do their own RD! But what's up with the price gouging! If the economy is down, people are broke why sell an oil pan for 400 dollars! If u make a quality product and u want to sell that product price it competitively in the market! The Greddy oil pain is only worth 200 maybe 225, thats it!! But if your one of those cool kids, who has to have the top brands go far it!
Hey man, a free market economy is a democracy where you vote with your dollars. Buy what you want, but I have to ask if you would be so sensitive if you didn't realize you had done something wrong? In reality most people base the "value of a dollar" on what they themselves earn. You can't really blame them I suppose. I guess you can't put a dollar value on perspective.
Crazyirish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:38 PM   #93
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

sigh....... you're are almost 30 and still dont "GET IT"

it has nothing to do with the economy, it has to do with one thing: you're a cheap fuck. if you cant afford something good, then leave the shit stock.

ISIS... even the name sounds fucking retarded.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:51 AM   #94
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
I think it would be rather interesting/funny to see a company or someone with mad money go out, buy a car, then slap a shit load of Knockoff parts on it. Then go beat the hell out of it. JUST to see what would happen to said parts, do a write up stating duration of time used cause of malfunction, and ways to prevent this malfunction from occurring in the future. To be fair they would have to use the parts keeping them within the same stress tolerances of the name brand product. IF a accident should occur all data for parts broken would be scrubbed and started over.

I agree with whats being said, buy a name brand product and think of it more as an insurance policy on your engine. It'll just give you some piece of mind in the long run. If buying knockoffs is your deal then by all means have at it, just remember that IF or WHEN these parts break or malfunction... You discussed it here and had it within your power to buy a better product, also think about costs... If you purchase the knockoff, the knockoff breaks but you don't have catastrophic failure, you still have to purchase a new part. why put yourself through that struggle frustration and anxiety, oh and you just spent the same amount on the 2 knockoffs as you would have on the name brand piece. GL
Old 06-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #95
rex2sx
Zilvia Member

rex2sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok. Stop talkibg about the economy. Its not getting better becuase you bought domestic parts, and its not getting wose. Becuase the entire well being of our economical standpoint is soloely based aroudn the devleopment and purchasing of aftermarktet accessories right??? HAHaha fools...

What we have yet to see is someone who experienced this problem first hand. If you havent..SHUT UP! DO NOT POST or at least DONT FLAME. We, well i have, heard/seen knock of tubros blowing seals and knockoff manifolds cracking. But what about this "crappy manifold"? No? Until i see someone suffer engine failure i would personally buy the knock.

Dont hate somebody becuase they want to buy the knockoff. Hate them becuase their BF next door got the orignal and they wanna be just like him.

This thread is 2 freakn yrs old and its still being discuesssed??? OP, if your still here, DID YOU EVEN GET THE PAN???
Old 06-23-2010, 03:34 PM   #96
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
the economy is bad and I'm buying car parts... *facepalm*
Old 07-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #97
Duosx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Duosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choicesDuosx has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
moral of this thread:

The better the oil pan the more you help the economy.

and

If you buy knock off your helping support terrorism.

__________________________________________________ ____________

******Knock Off Buyers annonymous can help******

here are some knock off users an what they have to say.

(lewisfk) - "i cant help myself even tho i know its bad im addicted to shitty inexpensive parts"

(crazyirish) - "the economy made me do it"

(SR20JK) - "knock off is part of my life now ive saved alot of money only to blow it all on my habit of buying more fake shit"

(ruudbwoy) - "all the cool kids are doing it"

>>>>>>knock off buyers annonymous can help<<<<<<<<<

please call 1800-fak-shit OR send a donation of $10 to our companies paypal address:

[email protected]

stay away from knock off parts an there devastating aftermath...

You wouldnt drive your family around in a users vehicle would you?

please send all you can so i we can build a proper car.

thank you.
Duosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #98
DimsumRN

DimsumRN is an unknown quantity at this point
^----- LOL.

+1 on the Moroso though. I don't think they still make it, but if you can find one used they were initially cheaper than the Greddy and its good quality.
DimsumRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #99
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Patrick Bowering is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
My moroso oil pan just showed up from enjuku i bought and isis one and that is one isis product I suggest not buying. I am running an isis rad, fans, intake mani, short shifter. but the oil pan was a pos. needs to be decked before install and drain plug rethreaded. the moroso one is hand tigged and looks amazing i will repost later after i install it tonight.
Patrick Bowering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:31 PM   #100
sickrbs14
Leaky Injector

sickrbs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
spring the extra money for not havin to worry if these people are right about isis
word on isis is ify at best
sickrbs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 08:33 PM   #101
240sxfamily
BANNED

240sxfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Its a hunk of metal people relax. I have one and its perfect, I compared it with a Moroso. Its the same minus saying Moroso..
240sxfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 02:10 PM   #102
WISH ONE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
WISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfectionWISH ONE is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to WISH ONE
Someone show them greddy quality control
Old 07-06-2010, 05:45 PM   #103
miller1775

miller1775 is an unknown quantity at this point
FRSPORT.com still makes the morso oil pan, just got mine last week. product quality looks great and price is good compared to anyone elses.
miller1775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:15 AM   #104
510-SR20DET
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
510-SR20DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
the economy is bad and I'm buying car parts... *facepalm*
LMFAO seriously i laughed out loud and spitting burrito everywhere. This makes my day.

Would you buy ISIS piston and rod? There! You just said to yourself.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:18 AM   #105
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 510-SR20DET View Post
LMFAO seriously i laughed out loud and spitting burrito everywhere. This makes my day.

Would you buy ISIS piston and rod? There! You just said to yourself.
If they were cheap enough, I'm sure half the jerift kids would be all over it.

Even if it was made out of spormax metal.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #106
JZ78
Leaky Injector

JZ78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bowering View Post
My moroso oil pan just showed up from enjuku i bought and isis one and that is one isis product I suggest not buying. I am running an isis rad, fans, intake mani, short shifter. but the oil pan was a pos. needs to be decked before install and drain plug rethreaded. the moroso one is hand tigged and looks amazing i will repost later after i install it tonight.
I know this is suuuuuuuuuper old but hows your moroso pan holding up?
JZ78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 01:54 PM   #107
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
i just got mine (moroso) in the mail and the welds are amazing...it's a really really solid piece. i can't wait to install it...i'm SLIGHTLY concerned with clearance...that and i hate installing them cause i'm hella paranoid about not tightening them enough and having leaks LOL.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 11:34 AM   #108
Patrick Bowering
Leaky Injector

Patrick Bowering is an unknown quantity at this point
My mororso pan is great no leaks some nuts are really tight to the pan but nothing crazy. You do not have to do the nuts up super tight torque spec is under 15ft lbs iirc nor do you need tons of silicone.
Patrick Bowering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:19 PM   #109
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
so on the four large bolts (the ones you undo to hit the flange bolts) do you rtv/loctite those back in place or what?
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote