Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
jdms13sr

Trader Rating: (0)
jdms13sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Sr Problem. Please help. Suggestions?!

Okay, so I have a s13 sr20det with minimal mods. No internal mods. Been running on the stock t25 turbo for a few months since my t2871 was stolen. The car was running fine this morning and the AEM A/F gauge read perfect. Drove it modestly a few hours ago until I pulled up to a light and the problems began...

Symptoms:

The car began vibrating heavily and rpms dropped to 400 and it felt like the engine was going to die so I gave it a little gas and it steadily idled at 1000 and dropped about 100 rpms gradually every few seconds. 1st gear seemed to be fine besides a slight choppiness and I notice the BOV blew less than normal and second gear ran and boosted fine until about 3000 rpms then it spiked and rev'd to 5000 without any boost or power and the BOV released nothing. 3rd gear was normal and the same thing in 2nd happened in 4th. Running LEAN during boost (or lack there of) according to A/F gauge.

The problem wasnt consistent though and another modest run from 1st to 4th revealed none of the same problems besides being slightly choppy.
It seems as thought I'm getting spurts of boost randomly, but I've experienced shaft play and it feels different although I won't pass that up as a possibility. No white smoke. I get air pressure in pipes to and from intercooler and there doesn't seem to be a leak anywhere.
Its hard to check the BOV since im getting no boost to release.
No holes in intercooler or piping as far as I can tell.
MAF was tested recently and was fine.
Doubt injectors have leak.
Could probably use a timing adjustment, but I don't see that being the problem.
Seems to be running NA half and turbo half.
Dont notice any excess leaks or oil, although, there is a faint oil smell.
The only gauge I have is A/F. No vacuum, boost, etc.
I've checked all I can tonight with little light, so I will inspect more tomorrow, but I'm hoping for more suggestions on what the problem could be.
PLEASE HELP!
jdms13sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #2
traxx07
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (63)
traxx07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
BOV leaking? Or maybe its in the process of killing over. Take vaccum off and see if it does anything. Or just take off the bov being that it may be leaking from there not letting you boost. Just a guess but worth a try.
traxx07 is offline   Reply With Quote