Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Car tuned , DYNO inside. Told u Steve :)UPDATED 505whp

Added another fuel pump upgraded fuel line(-8) ran 103 Lance(tuner) did hes thing. 505whp/380TQ
boost at 29 pounds(gt3076R) ,,,,,,,0% knock nothinngggg
will post the dyno sheet tomorrow..
btw last pass rear tire gave up and BOOM mannn i got scare big time ... thought it was the shaft or tranny or even the engine... have to buy a tire tomorrow now. rt615 yes

We used 93 pump gas only. 440WHP at 21 pounds. 0% detonation
black top S13
Eagle rods
CP pistons 9.01
Apex head gasket 1.01
completely supertech head everything everything with a 3 angle valve job
HKS 272 cams
greddy intake manifold
1000cc injectors delphi
GT3076R garrett
Custom top mount manifold (made by JGautoworks miami) JG also did my motor (rebuilt)
TIAL wastegate (forgot size)
HKS type S FMIC
Single Walbro fuel pump
HKS BOV
Automotive FPR,
AEM EMS
ARP main and head studs
and some other stuff i probably forgot

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it

Last edited by ROIDMONKEY; 09-30-2008 at 08:29 PM.. Reason: retuned car today 505WHP
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Damn Roid i didnt know that you were rollin like that SWEET!!!im almost finished with my twin scroll 3071.cant wait to see what that will hit.props to you man good #'S

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #3
downshift_sideways
No Limit Soldier.

Trader Rating: (0)
downshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfectiondownshift_sideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to downshift_sideways
Damn thats fucking dope!

nice numbers. congrats.

allntrlundrgrnd: "you never really appreciate your parents fridge until you look into your own and its full of condiments only"

downshift_sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
good numbers

not the best powerband...but from the list of mods... i should have expected that....

Wangan Beat Fa-sho... okay maybe just highway runner.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #5
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
we could it go a bit over that but fuel pump was getting very close to max out so i decided to leave it there . tuner told me to go dual fuel pump to go over 500 but using racing gas.

Old 07-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
VERY sexy torque curve!!! I'm loving the 3076's on our motors... great to see you finally have the car you've wanted.

But, in the end, Steve's still top dog. You're on a dynojet, aka "numbersJet", so pull 'em down about 12% to compare to Steve-o

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #7
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
VERY sexy torque curve!!! I'm loving the 3076's on our motors... great to see you finally have the car you've wanted.

But, in the end, Steve's still top dog. You're on a dynojet, aka "numbersJet", so pull 'em down about 12% to compare to Steve-o
Steve got great numbers yes , hes the man . im fucking around with him well the whole thing about different dynos and crap is nothing i can do. i like to tune my car in one dyno ,doesn't matter what brand . u stick with one and do ur tuning there .

Old 07-11-2008, 08:03 PM   #8
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
That's absolutely right! I'm glad you're not actually all caught up in bench racing.

I'm so jealous, that's a fucking fantastic torque curve. Ugh. Awesome man.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #9
mjjstang
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
mjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to beholdmjjstang is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mjjstang
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
i like to tune my car in one dyno ,doesn't matter what brand . u stick with one and do ur tuning there .
Precisely what a dyno is meant for. Reading consistent workable repeatable numbers for which tuning can be performed. Being able to tell people what kind of power your making is just an inherent bonus. great numbers though, Kind of makes me want to trade the 28 in.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #10
dirtdiggler666
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
dirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfectiondirtdiggler666 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
looks fucking bad ass man good job
dirtdiggler666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #11
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
That's absolutely right! I'm glad you're not actually all caught up in bench racing.

I'm so jealous, that's a fucking fantastic torque curve. Ugh. Awesome man.
tuner did a good job (i think) the guy is one of the 6 AEM EMS certified guys.

Old 07-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #12
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
that's a lot of HP but shouldn't torque numbers be higher with that setup? nice curves though. very flat.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:29 PM   #13
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

The cool thing about not using a numbers jet, is that you can just make up random correction to say your car makes more than whoever your trying to compare to.

makes me want to go to 21psi, probably do 420 or so, that would be fun.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #14
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Car just sounds and feel awesome. gas mileage doesn't look that bad

Old 07-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #15
sldbyuramg
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
sldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant futuresldbyuramg has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
its not just "our" motors... 3076's are sick all around...for any motor...well 4 banger at least

Quote:

sldbyuramg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:44 AM   #16
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
While those numbers look good and that torque curve is flat. Both the HP and Torque start way late with that setup. He is running 125-150 at close to 4k and 175lbs of torque. Thats basically a track(road race) engine. Not bad but not my cup of tea. I want HP and torque coming in much sooner. Where I can use it.

Props for the numbers though.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #17
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

up to first post

Old 09-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #18
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
looks really good man I would love to have that kind of power for a daily driver =]
Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 PM   #19
mondojackal
Zilvia Member

mondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choicesmondojackal has made poor choices
Send a message via AIM to mondojackal
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 @ fullboost View Post
looks really good man I would love to have that kind of power for a daily driver =]
why??

precisely what drift freaq just said..that powerband's pretty much useless unless you're planning on revving to redline and rowing the gears. if it came with a sweet close ratio 6 speed, that would be one thing, but alas..it's no honda.

nice hp numbers, but that's a pretty big contrast between tq and hp.
mondojackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:49 PM   #20
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
also keep in mind that Steve Shadows is on a stock bottom end pushing 400hp.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:06 AM   #21
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoguRacing View Post
also keep in mind that Steve Shadows is on a stock bottom end pushing 400hp.
dude relaxxxxx... its a joke thing i between steve and i.......

Old 11-23-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
sdrmiami
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sdrmiami is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to sdrmiami
glad to see another s13 makin 500+ in miami.. looks good man..

---------------------------------------
520hp on 93pump gas 22 psi

Last edited by sdrmiami; 11-24-2008 at 07:08 PM..
sdrmiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:52 PM   #23
1cleanS13
Leaky Injector

1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future
Nice top end power
1cleanS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 07:17 AM   #24
240sxnlr
Zilvia Member

240sxnlr is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to 240sxnlr
That is awesome....love that power

Rejoice, for something really bad is about to happen!
240sxnlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #25
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
Steve got great numbers yes , hes the man . im fucking around with him well the whole thing about different dynos and crap is nothing i can do. i like to tune my car in one dyno ,doesn't matter what brand . u stick with one and do ur tuning there .
440 is great.

And remember DD is actually 15-17% less than Dyno Jet, not 12...

Some say 12 but most cars its 15%

Thats still great numbers. I did it on stock pistons and rods which was pretty awesome.

Keep the numbers coming now that I no longer have the car and have moved into an M car to tune I look forward to the tuning knowledge and tips I have imparted here to start getting applied and more awesome kickass posts like this showing up!
Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #26
Kouki_Love
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
Kouki_Love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
good shit man.. thats the kind of numbers i want out of my daily.. mad props man...
Kouki_Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:46 AM   #27
NismoTuner21
Zilvia Addict

NismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enough
Damn, isnt 12.3 a bit lean? Your cars sick though man, when are you coming to a meet up here in WPB again, I got so many pics of your car when it had TE's. Wish I could afford to grab those Gram Lights from you, haha
NismoTuner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:47 AM   #28
NismoTuner21
Zilvia Addict

NismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enoughNismoTuner21 will become famous soon enough
^^^

holy shit I just noticed how old this thread was... hahah
NismoTuner21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:48 AM   #29
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
12.3 is ok if timing is conservative enough to prevent knock and also if you are using an octane fuel rated 93 or better

11.8-12.0 is Ideal for F.I. Cars on 93 or more octane

for 91 octane you should run 10.9-11.4 - thats where you see the best torque