Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-28-2009, 12:10 AM   #4771
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
And I am Stupid????

Jesus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longfellow View Post
A bit late but your an idiot. Go look at what any Road race car runs for camber... Most are ateast -4* or more. Toyo R888's say run atleast -3.5 to-4* camber for proper wear & performance.

Your stupid,

Love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Improper use of YOUR (YOU'RE).

Randomly capitalizing words.

Pot meet kettle.

On our cars the rear multi link under compression has camber GAIN. So having your suggested -4+ camber would be detrimental to performance, and last time I checked F1 cars don't run STUPID amounts of camber.

On cars like a Miata which are double wish bone actually have camber LOSS under compression, so LITERALLY different strokes for different folks.

And just so you don't think I'm talking out of my ass, I had -4.5* of camber on my car and it was pretty cool for grip, but it sucked for drifting.

Battle Idol Works 2015
SlideAlliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #4772
SoCal-s130
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfectionSoCal-s130 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I didn't even read any of this bickering. But I know Slide Alliance is right in whatever is being argued. I mean look at his fitment. Rad.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:27 AM   #4773
scweet1
Zilvia Junkie

scweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond reputescweet1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROIDMONKEY View Post
little tease, some new old school shoes . for a bit of change 18x11-14

For a second I thought you borrowed my equips. Nice to see someone else liking the look... but change your lugs or something... to red.... biting my style..

Last edited by scweet1; 05-28-2009 at 07:15 PM..
scweet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:32 AM   #4774
bshotts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
bshotts is making a name for him/her selfbshotts is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bshotts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWhite240 View Post
What rear overfenders should I run 30mm or 50mm? My car is at a shop 2 hours away and I need to order them soon. The size for the rear is 18x9.5 -12 offset with the spacers. So does anyone have any pics of that size and offset with overfenders?
If you use SicBastard's calculations concerning back and frontspacing, and assuming you have an S14, 18x9.5 et-12 in the rear will give you a 109mm backspace and 133mm frontspace. Max frontspace on S14 rear quarters is around 100mm, so using 30 mm overfenders and bowing them out slightly will allow ~135mm frontspace and get a good flush fitment. 50mm may be too aggressive especially if you are installing a stretched tire.
bshotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:58 AM   #4775
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by scweet1 View Post
For a second I thought you borrowed my equips. Nice to see someone else liking the look...
LOL dude im a big fan of EQUIP always wanted them in black . i like this setup better than the GL tit lips
ill post more pics later
BTW love ur car bro

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:21 AM   #4776
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideAlliance View Post
And I am Stupid????

Jesus.

I never said 240's need -4*. My point was Static negative camber is useful when used correctly. and most road race guys run -2.5* up front and around -2* in the rear. Most road race cars use upwards of -3.5*

Positive camber dosnt do anything positive for handling.

That was the point I was trying to make.

P.S. F1 cars do run lots of camber, like -3* or more. Since there is no fender on them its hard to see it from the side view by look up a picture of one of those cars from head on. You're even more dumb for posting that.

*snip*

Last edited by CrimsonRockett; 05-28-2009 at 10:49 AM..
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #4777
HyperLeafBlower

HyperLeafBlower is on the path to ruinHyperLeafBlower is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
these are mercedes slr wheels. theyre called "holes" they come in 19's and 17's depending on car
I thought they were called Alphards
Old 05-28-2009, 09:29 AM   #4778
longfellow
Zilvia Addict

longfellow is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Improper use of YOUR (YOU'RE).

Randomly capitalizing words.

Pot meet kettle.

On our cars the rear multi link under compression has camber GAIN. So having your suggested -4+ camber would be detrimental to performance, and last time I checked F1 cars don't run STUPID amounts of camber.

On cars like a Miata which are double wish bone actually have camber LOSS under compression, so LITERALLY different strokes for different folks.

And just so you don't think I'm talking out of my ass, I had -4.5* of camber on my car and it was pretty cool for grip, but it sucked for drifting.
If they have camber loss under compression I would think that then they would need more static camber to begin with if they loose it in a turn.

And I've never heard of any car having positive camber gains under suspension load. That would be working againts itself.

F1 cars have lots of camber. That statement was completely false and your retarded.

Hey, I just made you look like an idiot. Sweet.

PM me if you wish to discuss further.
longfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #4779
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
I never said 240's need -4*. My point was Static negative camber is useful when used correctly. and most road race guys run -2.5* up front and around -2* in the rear. Most road race cars use upwards of -3.5*

Positive camber dosnt do anything positive for handling.

That was the point I was trying to make.

P.S. F1 cars do run lots of camber, like -3* or more. Since there is no fender on them its hard to see it from the side view by look up a picture of one of those cars from head on. You're even more dumb for posting that.
On the front wheels they do.

Their rear wheels have maybe 1 degree of neg camber, if that.

Stop bickering about useful camber in this thread, because some cars are set up with super stiff suspension that don't really roll much, while others are a bit more soft, which will promote squat and neg camber gain under squat.

Then you have the issue of s13 subframe versus s14/s15 subframe, or even a non S-chassis dealio.

Too many variables to just sit here and go "negative camber is stupid" or "no camber is stupid".

Arguing about it blindly without knowing someone's setup is what's stupid.

What you guys should be saying is "having the maximum contact patch for grip is awesome", and leave it at that, because you all look like idiots trying to argue about some trivial and vague.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #4780
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup already. Post more fitment pictures.
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:44 AM   #4781
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup already. Post more fitment pictures.
Exactly my sentiments.

That's if I left it on there w/ that much camber and stock fenders, which I am not doing.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #4782
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperLeafBlower View Post
I thought they were called Alphards

maybe people cal them alphards, when i called mercedes about them or when you choose them when building a mercedes online it says 9 holes

ive just gone by that. if you say those mercedes wheels that look like ninja stars most people know what youre talking about to.

it probly varies from place to place
Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 AM   #4783
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
blah blah blah

F-bomb.
That's all fine and great...but enjoy your 1 month pink for using that word.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:56 AM   #4784
Sean P.
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Sean P. will become famous soon enoughSean P. will become famous soon enoughSean P. will become famous soon enoughSean P. will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
these are mercedes slr wheels. theyre called "holes" they come in 19's and 17's depending on car
No they ainttttt. They are rims off of an SL series car, and they only come in 18 inch. All my friends tell me they are Alphard as well but nobody knows them as that haha.

EBAYYYYYYY

Sorry for spam, I can post anything with fitment because my car sucks.
Sean P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #4785
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMslide180 View Post
i got a set of Gt-Cs a couple of months back and i wanna run them on my daily kouki... i wanted to do overs all around at first but i really wanna make them fit on the stock body... my question is how big of a pull am i gonna need, or would i be ok with just a good roll.

i dont wanna run too much camber since its my daily.. i dont wanna get a second job just to afford tires. lol..

specs are

19x9.5 +9 front
19x10.5 -11 rear

i have already thought about all of it, i just want some opinions from more experienced peeps....

thanks in advance....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95KA-Turbo View Post
I am completely forgien with picking out 19" tires...and basically fitting 19s in general on S chassis. I know width and offset wise though your fronts will be fine with just a roll and 235 or 245 tire....probably a 245 since you'll probably have 35 series side walls.
I run 19's out back. with your offset and camber request your gonna need overs, period. I'm running 19x10.5 +23 and my rears are rolled and pulled as much as they'll go without flaring out. even the flare wont net you the additional 34mm's your going to need. Here are some pics to show whatsup

225/40 stretched on a 19x 10.5 +23

heres 245/40 on the same wheels, credit card flush, could go alot lower with flares or more neg camber, on these pics i'm running -0.6 camber for more grip while drifting

you can see how close it is. Here i've got 19's all around, 225/40 up front 19x9.5 +28 stock fenders no slammage, 245/40 rear

here are 275/35's they rubbed bad and the overall diameter isint much different from a 245/40 to a 275/35 so i'd go smaller with stretched sidewalls. I dont see a 245/35 going on very easily

hope this helps.

Everyone else stop bickering about stupid shit! What happened to *NO PICS NO POST*
Old 05-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #4786
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I had to scroll till half the page to see a good fitment pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
wh0aitznic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 PM   #4787
jing
Zilvia Member

jing is an unknown quantity at this point
Any ideas as to what tire size this guy ran? 9/10j stagger.

jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #4788
miggypq21
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
miggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud ofmiggypq21 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to miggypq21
Looks like a 215/225, rear could be a 235 but it looks to be a 225.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:18 PM   #4789
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Looks like 215/45/17 all around.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:23 PM   #4790
sonomadrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
sonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the roughsonomadrifter is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Looks like 215/45/17 all around.
I agree. Looking at the square-ness of the contact patch it resembles a 45 series.

17X9 +15, 205-45

17X10 +12, 245-40

Weee, I hate FN's.
sonomadrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:03 AM   #4791
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
parallel parking must be a bitch.

...nice rear fitment
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 03:26 AM   #4792
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
black needledick exhaust ftw lol
Old 05-31-2009, 12:27 AM   #4793
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

SlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond reputeSlideAlliance has a reputation beyond repute
I should lower it to where the skirts touch the ground and see how much wheel I get to tuck

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 05-31-2009, 01:10 AM   #4794
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I still don't get how the fuck you drive your car like that, lol.
Looks pimp though.

I thought you painted it already?
Old 05-31-2009, 01:20 AM   #4795
SlideAlliance
Zilvia Junkie

I tested these out with a 40 series tire and cracked the fronts so I havent had time to fix them just yet

and the rears I altered to sit more flush and be as invisible as possible in photos

Battle Idol Works 2015
Old 05-31-2009, 02:12 AM   #4796
s13tangina

s13tangina is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Any ideas as to what tire size this guy ran? 9/10j stagger.

specs please?
s13tangina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:07 AM   #4797
blackrms13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
blackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfectionblackrms13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Send a message via AIM to blackrms13
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13tangina View Post
specs please?
wheels looks like 17x9 +15 or +20 and 17x10+12 or +25 to me
Old 05-31-2009, 04:18 AM   #4798
jspec240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (19)
jspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfectionjspec240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews

661 sliders Gymkhana @ buttonwillow
http://zilvia.net/f/south-western-st...-sessions.html

>> Bakersfield Hook up thread <<
jspec240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:52 AM   #4799
Flynbrick

Flynbrick is an unknown quantity at this point
I want a giant facking band-aid... it'll be my new zippy ties.
Flynbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:47 AM   #4800
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
more pics / 18x9.5+0 18x11-14

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote