Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
tycar

Trader Rating: (0)
tycar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cranking but no Fire

So setup:
T3/T4 with fully converted MAP Sensor system and Power FC conversion. In addition I have an HKS Twin Power setup wired in to the stock harness.

Symptoms:
Drove from San Diego to Los Angeles and when I took off from SD I had a momentary dummy light but it went off. I stopped at least once on the trip up possibly twice. No problems at either one. Got back and parked. A few days later I tried to start the car and it was turning over but not lighting. I thought it might be low voltage so I tried to get jumped and it just kept turning without sparking, just faster.
Took out a plug wire and tested to see if I had spark with a new plug against the valve cover and got nothing. (Valve cover IS painted, also tried it against a strut tower bar. One of these should have sparked right?)

Tested:
Continuity of the wires going from the distributor to the Twin Power were good, continuous.
Because that was continuous, I assume there is a problem with the stock wire harness/signal wires/internal coil within the distributor?
Nothing looked like it was touched etc. Anyone have any ideas? Any common problems or things to look for?

Anyone in the West LA area who has an extra S14 (95/96) Distributor I can test out? or want to drop by and give me a hand?

Any help is appreciated asap.
tycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
CrazyKoukiS14
Leaky Injector

CrazyKoukiS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CrazyKoukiS14
try changing all your spark plugs, and see if your cars getting fuel, maybe your fule pump went bad
CrazyKoukiS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
tycar

tycar is an unknown quantity at this point
well I know I am getting fuel, its spark that is the issue. any normal causes for failure?
tycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 PM   #4
CrazyKoukiS14
Leaky Injector

CrazyKoukiS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to CrazyKoukiS14
maybe you just filed your plugs. just make sure when your get new ones that they have the right gap on them, plus spark plugs arent expensive so its worth a try, have you changed all your ignition wires?
CrazyKoukiS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #5
slidewaysmn
Leaky Injector

slidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really niceslidewaysmn is just really nice
fuck, didnt read your first post right. oops. :edit