Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #1
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via MSN to yokotavia
s13 rubbing everything (already used BFH)

Ive been drifting for a while now, and decided it would be nice to have more angle so i installed some tie rod spacers and put on 215/45 federal RS-Rs.(fatter than SS595)

car is a silvia (s13)

my wheel set up is R33 GTR 17x9 +30
but i have a 35mm spacer
that would make the offset -5.

now my question is, is there anything else i can do to prevent rubbing on the frame rails?
would a different offset help? i am NOT changing tires, just bought these and i have a drift event coming up soon.

just curious what you people do to not rub as much everywhere?

ps- ive already BFH'ed everywhere except the frame rails on the inside of the fender wells

i hate the way drifting feels when your tires rub and your steering wheel locks up.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:15 PM   #2
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There is a pinch weld on your inner frame rail... it has like a 3/4 inch lip, grind

down lip flush, I use a cut off wheel 1st and grind down to weld back up so its

flush... you really shouldn't be hitting much else... I run 17 x 9 + 18 in front

and no rubbing... with this mod. I dunno if having s14 lca arms helps alot but

I have those too...I also have a modded subframe in front of car for rack to

be moved forward 5/8 inch. its a bunch of lil things you do that will add up

in the end...

sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 05:28 PM   #3
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
holy shit, your a sick man. hahah

definatly going to mess around with that lip a little bit.

and i have s14 lower arms sitting around somewhere so i guess i could throw them on there

thanks, you rock.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

curious, anyone else have other methods? =]
Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #5
spikNspan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
spikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura aboutspikNspan has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to spikNspan
well going lower offsets will definitely help with frame rail, but then you gotta worry more about fenders, you could just pull the shit out of those though.

spikNspan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #6
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

i already have a 35mm spacer haha

but my 33 gtr's are so sexy =[[[[[

what offset would you think be good for not hitting the inside?
i dont care about my fenders, fuck, ill take them off for the event haha
Old 10-21-2008, 10:40 PM   #7
sillyvia13
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfectionsillyvia13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So it hits behind strut on inner frame rail.

You take a sawzall, a cut off wheel, or what ever saweet maachine you got to make

metal dust. or you get a BFH and do it... cut and weld is nicer. ionno... I like my car...

but yea... cut weld coat. good to slide... your wheels may be your issue also..I had r32

wheels and they had sunken offsets... try a bolt on spacer and run that! it'll give you

flush and a wider foot print... I ran bolt on spacers and never had a issue...

but you kinda got to look good in pics. you'll see lip kinda disapear, I made em look

oem ish? I also banged sharp edges in wheel well flater so say something does break

and wheel hits its a smoother landing... no need for a flat tire After a strut breaks at 80

slidewayz ionno!? but yea toss those s14 lca in and adjust you front camber plates up

top outwards...and you'll be good to go also! I love my set up... fresh and clean clean!

Good luck homie!

when you gonna send me jdm shit! lol...

da pics yes I know boots ripped I am that gangsta!! lol...
you can see hoe it fades in.. the lip

Last edited by sillyvia13; 10-21-2008 at 11:29 PM..
sillyvia13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #8
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
How about you just use smaller spacers up front? 20mm ought to do it. Puts you at +10 9j, should be flush and clear everything up front. If it rubs the insides, wheres the fun in that? Itll be worst once you start going sideways when the weight shifts...

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 PM   #9
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

im gonna put the 25mm spacers back on and take a big fucking hammer to everything.

ughhh i hate s13'ssssssssssssssss
Old 10-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #10
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

it worked. i think =]

VBFH's cure everything =D
Old 10-23-2008, 08:09 AM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah, I just hit that seam and bent it up with a hammer. More caster helps hitting the rear of the fender.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:51 AM   #12
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

yeah i wasnt hitting the rear of the fender well anyways, just the inside against the frame rail lol

buts its all good now

daijobu
Old 10-23-2008, 08:59 AM   #13
bejota180sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
bejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura aboutbejota180sx has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Yeah, I just hit that seam and bent it up with a hammer. More caster helps hitting the rear of the fender.
does it matter if u bend it upwards or downwards? cause im in the process of doing this thing and just want to doble check... does it matter or as long as its bent it doesnt bother?

just in case, im talking about the little lip that was in the pics...
bejota180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:03 AM   #14
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejota180sx View Post
does it matter if u bend it upwards or downwards? cause im in the process of doing this thing and just want to doble check... does it matter or as long as its bent it doesnt bother?

just in case, im talking about the little lip that was in the pics...
Up is easier cause you only have to go 90*. Down you have to fold it 180* around. Also may hit the steering boot or the LCA down.