Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Motorsports and Skilled Driving

Motorsports and Skilled Driving Discussion for Organized Racing and motorsports and tips and techniques at becoming a better driver.

Old 02-16-2003, 09:09 PM   #1
bbp
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
bbp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Daytona Today

I gotta admit, although I am not a big Winston Cup fan... I tuned in for the start of the race. It is pretty cool to see that many cars doing 180+mph and few inches from each other lap after lap. No matter what you think of Stock Car racing, it got my blood going. I guess racing is racing!

Now if we could just get some different commentary... ol DW needs to retire completely!
Old 02-16-2003, 09:15 PM   #2
ca18guy
Premium Member

ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
Kinda crappy that the rain decided the winner, they have lights there, they could have gone into the night.
I agree time for DW to get out of the booth, I feel dumber just listening to him
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 07:49 PM   #3
240racer
Zilvia Junkie

240racer is an unknown quantity at this point
that was quite the crash in the 20th or so lap. The I-beams that hold the rear axle were just flapping around like noodles.

I just don't get why they build tracks were the cars stay at a constant speed the whole way around the circuit. I think they varied from 182 to 187, that's 5mph total difference in speed. That means those engines have to run at one RPM the whole time, not pretty. Sounds like they should be running snowmobile engines (hey they're even carbed). Seems to me, if they didn't have the banks, the circuits would be safer because the speeds would be lower and the money making could continue.

'88 Celica All-Trac turbo
stock, but no more ecu codes!!
240racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 09:53 AM   #4
hurleyboi514
Zilvia Addict

hurleyboi514 is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to hurleyboi514
is it just me, or is nascar the only motorsports event where they cancel for rain?? they need to just throw some rain tyres on them cars and send em back out... the ratings would soar!!

"we got a wreck on turn 3, lap 115"
"we've got another wreck on turn 2, lap 116"
"another on turn 4, lap 117"
etc....

everyone would watch

HighTach Motorsports
hurleyboi514 is offline   Reply With Quote