Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-26-2003, 04:12 PM   #1
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Trader Rating: (0)
Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Official SuperBowl Thread!!

Kickoff is in ~8 minutes!
Post all thoughts, opinions, grievances, gripes, bitches, moans, cheers, and any other input! Superbowl play discussion begins!

Input: Bucs are in!
Edit: More input: **** Celeine Dion. She ****in sucks!
-Jeff
Old 01-26-2003, 06:16 PM   #2
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
Yes Celine Dion does suck, and she is old.

Right Now I am pretty pissed, cuz I love the Raiders, and it all of my fears prior to the game are coming true, the defense is tearing em an new a-hole. Hopefully the passing game gets improved. Haven't seen much of Rice and Brown.

At least I didn't put money on this game.

Also I say add your favorite commercial.

Funniest: Fudge I forgot what it was, it'll come back to me.
Best: NFL's definition of Crazy (I love those commercials)
Old 01-26-2003, 06:24 PM   #3
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

Jeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond reputeJeff240sx has a reputation beyond repute
Geez. I'm so glad that SOMEONE else from a CAR forum would watch THE BIGGEST FOOTBALL GAME OF THE YEAR!
I was getting kinda worried.

Yea. I was scared for the bucs at first. The play was faster than they wanted, and with the shotty playing (interception in the first 3 plays, near fumble, ect.) But they have redeemed themselves.

Funniest: The "jamacian" guy, with the Lahasha Apso (dredlock dog) on his head for bud light.
Or.. the very first Budweiser commercial, with the clydesdales and zebra referee reviewing a play. Great quote:
Guy 1: That ref is a jackass.
Guy 2: Nope. I'm pretty sure that's a Zebra.

Best: I'll agree with you on that, the Crazy commercial was awesome.
-Jeff
Old 01-26-2003, 07:02 PM   #4
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

New favorite commercial.
Reebok commercial with Terry Tate! I was laughing my ass off at that one!
-Jeff
Old 01-26-2003, 08:14 PM   #5
Jeff240sx
I hate you too...

48-21 ----> BUCS!
We are the champions (of the world).
-Jeff
Old 01-26-2003, 08:18 PM   #6
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

96SEChick is an unknown quantity at this point
I can't believe the ref said the Oakland guy had control of the ball w/ both feet in the endzone and gave them the TD. That was BS, but at least Tampa Bay was still winning and they kept up the great work!! The commercials were great! The biggest thing that disappointed me was Shania Twain LIP-SYNCING!! Her lips weren't even moving w/ the music at times (like when she was walking into the crowd and laughing, but there were still lyrics playing).

It was cool to see Sting and Gwen Stefani sing "Message in a Bottle", though. Their voices sounded really cool together.

Great game!!
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Green Country Motorsports
Northeastern Oklahoma SCCA
96SEChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 08:41 PM   #7
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
I found the game not really interesting (not very close)...

Commercials were good... And Shania Twain sucks. She lip-sang on the Grey Cup Halftime Show AND the SuperBowl in the same freakin' year... But she is a hottie.
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 08:54 PM   #8
s13rookie
Zilvia FREAK!

s13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to s13rookie
i am a niner fan, so the only reason i watched the game was the commercials. they were pretty good, and shania is nice to look at!!
Old 01-26-2003, 09:11 PM   #9
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

Yep, the networks and game coordinators for the halftime show paid a SH1TLOAD of money for eye-candy (Shania). I agree that she is absolutely beautiful and a great singer/songwriter, but her lip-syncing really disappoints me.
'00 WS6 Trans Am Bright Red 6-speedFOR SALE - only 29k miles, stock, fully loaded, only $23,999 (NADA $26300)

Old 01-26-2003, 09:19 PM   #10
s13rookie
Zilvia FREAK!

s13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant futures13rookie has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to s13rookie
she was lip syncing? im sorry i wasnt looking at her lips
hahah j/k
Old 01-26-2003, 09:24 PM   #11
xLSTONEx
BANNED

xLSTONEx is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to xLSTONEx
Game sucked, cemmercials were pretty good, I'm pissed b/c I like the raiders. Thats all I have to say.

Oh yea I hate STING.
xLSTONEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 09:52 PM   #12
Tyler Durdan
Zilvia Junkie

Tyler Durdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Pissed...raiders lost. Can't believe Gannon threw 5 interceptions. He helped Tampa Bay score more then he had for the raiders.

Funniest Commercial: Terry Tate Reebok Commercial.

Turbo for Sale
Tyler Durdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 09:56 PM   #13
Tyler Durdan
Zilvia Junkie

Tyler Durdan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by 96SEChick
I can't believe the ref said the Oakland guy had control of the ball w/ both feet in the endzone and gave them the TD. That was BS,
That's was a great catch by Porter...he clearly had control of the ball and was just pullin it in. BS is what happened to Porter on the 2 point conversion when he was pushed out of bounds in air and they call it no good. His feet would have clearly landed in the endzone. That's BS.

Sorry, I'm just ranting.

Turbo for Sale
Tyler Durdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 09:56 PM   #14
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

I loved the Osbournes Pepsi Twist commercial. LMAO--Ozzy waking up next to Florence Henderson and his kids turning into the Osmonds!!!

Old 01-26-2003, 09:58 PM   #15
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Durdan
That's was a great catch by Porter...he clearly had control of the ball and was just pullin it in. BS is what happened to Porter on the 2 point conversion when he was pushed out of bounds in air and they call it no good. His feet would have clearly landed in the endzone. That's BS.

Sorry, I'm just ranting.
That's cool. Maybe I saw it in a different opinion or perspective of you. It has to be extremely tough for refs to make some of those calls. Some of them are obviously BS, but some can go either way.
Old 01-26-2003, 10:19 PM   #16
BadMoJo
Nissanaholic!

BadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura aboutBadMoJo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to BadMoJo
OK, that super bowl was f uckin pathetic, i mean sh it the raiders suck some serious ass. I like the very last touchdown, that just rubbed it in.

And that terry tate commercial Fu ckin kicked ass, funny as hell!!

----Gone----
BadMoJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 10:21 PM   #17
Mark & Irena

HAHA! I'm SOOOO glad the Raiders sucked so bad! I'm a RAIDER HATER!!!! Superbowl KICKED ASSSSSSSSS!!! 5 interceptions! Haha! 48-21!!! HAHA!!!!!!! I'm SOOOO HAPPPY!

From S13Grl
Old 01-26-2003, 10:44 PM   #18
thelinja
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
thelinja is making a name for him/her selfthelinja is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Good game, although it wasn't a game really until the 4th quarter when it was 21-35. But I just really want to say that I hate John "I have no clue what I'm talking about" Madden. Every time that foo opened his mouth I wanted to punch him in the face.
I'll like it next year when my Colts are in it.
thelinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 07:04 AM   #19
HippoSleek
Nissanaholic!

HippoSleek is an unknown quantity at this point
A sad day for the Raider Nation. ...and just when you thought they had momentum, the refs would take it away and keep them distracted. There's a lot to be said for not having the officials HATE your team.

Really though, the Raiders lost it in the first half when they couldn't give Gannon enough time. After that, he was jittery (and throwing poorly); then his receivers were cold (and catching poorly); then they finally started hitting in the 2d half, but rushed too much and threw stupid picks. Not to mention that the 27th ranked offense continued to look top five for the third week in a row. Game.

Best commercial - Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, followed closely by "Yo cosina con George." You could tell exactly who in the bar spoke Spanish (or at least Spanglish) b/c we were all rolling.
HippoSleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 09:48 AM   #20
moose
Zilvia Member

moose is an unknown quantity at this point
What did I tell you boys, Bucs Win. I keep telling you raider fans you don't know what your talking about, but you never learn. Bucs Win!
Old 01-27-2003, 10:00 AM   #21
uiuc240
Nissanaholic!

uiuc240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to uiuc240
Quote:
Originally posted by HippoSleek
"Yo cosina con George." You could tell exactly who in the bar spoke Spanish (or at least Spanglish) b/c we were all rolling.
Well then WTF does it mean? AltaVista has no idea....

"Cosina I with George"

EDIT: "Yo cocino con George" = "I cook with George"

learn to spell Mark-o....

Eric

Last edited by uiuc240; 01-27-2003 at 10:17 AM..
uiuc240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 10:25 AM   #22
HippoSleek
Nissanaholic!

HippoSleek is an unknown quantity at this point
Dambit, you leave my Spanglish alone!

And I thought I would also pass along the TRAVESTY of the halftime show being conducted by a Candian and a Brit and having two of the songs be "I'm Just a Girl" and "Feel Like a Woman." I think I might have to start going to E! for the halftime show - it can't be as pathetic and girly as this year's show.

Mark - who can't spell in Spanish and regrets that Carlos Santana was a pre-gamer and not a half-timer.
HippoSleek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 12:12 PM   #23
burnsmonkey
Zilvia Member

burnsmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point
GO RAIDERS!!!!! Im die hard know matter where they go LA or Oakland Ill still sportin the SILVER and BLACK. But yes they did get their ass kicked, but they'll be back, i dont know when maybe another 20 years or even next year. GO RAIDERS!!

-Tony
burnsmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 01:02 PM   #24
HaLo
from Canada, eh!

HaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfectionHaLo is close to perfection
Send a message via ICQ to HaLo Send a message via AIM to HaLo Send a message via MSN to HaLo
Quote:
Originally posted by HippoSleek
Dambit, you leave my Spanglish alone!

And I thought I would also pass along the TRAVESTY of the halftime show being conducted by a Candian and a Brit and having two of the songs be "I'm Just a Girl" and "Feel Like a Woman." I think I might have to start going to E! for the halftime show - it can't be as pathetic and girly as this year's show.

Mark - who can't spell in Spanish and regrets that Carlos Santana was a pre-gamer and not a half-timer.

What about "God bless America" sang by a Canadian? didn't have as much impact I would say.
SOLD: 01 GPW Honda S2000
PARTED: 93 Pearl White 240SX LE Fastback w/SR20DET
SOLD: 93 Super White 240SX SE Convertible w/Silvia Front
HaLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 02:11 PM   #25
Dinkage
Leaky Injector

Dinkage is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Dinkage
Quote:
Originally posted by HaLo
What about "God bless America" sang by a Canadian? didn't have as much impact I would say.

LOL, I was waiting for her to accidentally slip a "Canada" in there by mistake. That would have made my evening.
It would have also made my evening of Ms. Twain fell off that cherry picker she was on. She was Canadian #2 up there.
And to whomever said Sting sucks, I must disagree. And he's HOT. And Gwen Stefani is my hero.

GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lynch is kinda cute...and a sweet reciever.

Best commercial: the "Zebra". Even though I should say the Cadillac ones cause my work did the editing and graphics, I'm really sick of that campaign.

"There are those who call me...Tim?"
Dinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 04:29 PM   #26
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff240sx
New favorite commercial.
Reebok commercial with Terry Tate! I was laughing my ass off at that one!
-Jeff
The Office Linebacker was the sh*t, couldn't help but laugh my *ss off during that. Didn't they say they have more of him on some website?

I am also a Niner fan, I only like the Riaders because of Jerry Rice. he is the reason I began to like the Niners. Hopefully Dennis Green (if they do sign him) does something for the niners.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:37 PM   #27
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

HAHA I was right they do have more videos.

Go here

They have like a 3.5 minute or 2.5 minute mini documentary on Terry Tate: The Office Linebacker. Some funny stuff. They apparently are going to be making a bunch of little clips with him.

The funniest is the Recycling can, you'll know what I mean when you see it.

EDIT: Check to see if you can do a "save target as" on this (short but funny clip)

or this (3.5 minute vid)

Last edited by KiDyNomiTe; 01-27-2003 at 04:53 PM..
KiDyNomiTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 07:59 PM   #28
96SEChick
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally posted by KiDyNomiTe
HAHA I was right they do have more videos.

Go here

They have like a 3.5 minute or 2.5 minute mini documentary on Terry Tate: The Office Linebacker. Some funny stuff. They apparently are going to be making a bunch of little clips with him.

The funniest is the Recycling can, you'll know what I mean when you see it.

EDIT: Check to see if you can do a "save target as" on this (short but funny clip)

or this (3.5 minute vid)
LMAO--the Office Linebacker was pretty funny. I guess I missed the Reebok commercial