Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-03-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
'92 Vert dying at stoplights

Ok, here's the car

92 vert
automatic
bone stock

My Mom has been driving my second car (this one) for a couple months now. It seems that at stoplights, the thing will die and not start again. Now, she says there is nothing out of the ordinary, one moment it is running, the next it's not. The motor turns over, but won't fire. But after a couple minutes it fires right up.

Now, I drove the thing for a couple months before her, never had a problem. I have drive it around since then, and it has never happened to me. I replaced the starter last week, but that was a different issue, wouldn't crank until I hit the starter with a hammer.

The problem here is it cranking but not firing, and dying at stop lights.

I don't know what the fuck it is, and I can't get it to happen to me. but it kinda needs to stop.

any thoughts??

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2007, 11:36 AM   #2
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hmm, I seem to remember that happening to my car, but that was like 7 years ago and I don't remember what I did to fix it, so all I can do is wish you luck. Sorry I can't help.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
maybe its the stoplights emitting some odd electromagnetic pulse that offsets the circuits in the ecu?
Old 10-03-2007, 12:30 PM   #4
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Coolant Temp Sensor?
Bad Spark Plugs?
THE NECRONOMICON??!?
Old 10-03-2007, 01:08 PM   #5
axiomatik
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

HAHA! steve let his premium membership lapse
Old 10-03-2007, 02:30 PM   #6
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Vacuum leak?
IACV?
TPS?
TB clean?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #7
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
^^^ All the things S14DB posted are great starting places... idle is when the MAF/all vacuum connections are most important... clean that shit out. The fact that after a couple minutes it starts back up makes me thing fueling though... hmph.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #8
240trainee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection240trainee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240trainee
Yea, the thing that confuses me is aside from the dying occasionally, it drives perfect. Idles at 700 steady, drives perfectly fine throughout the powerband, etc, etc.

Thats what makes me thing no vacuum leak, but of course I will check anyway. Gonna clean the sensors and shit, and start driving it, as she threw me the keys when I stopped by the house last night and said she wouldn't drive it anymore, lol.

Guess I have my daily back.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookoutDrift
240trainee is offline   Reply With Quote