Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #11
coreyh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
coreyh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
Way to bump for something that is almost two years old. Also its not a federal crime, and until you can prove that the federal govt has made it illegal I am calling bull shit and telling you check your dates before posting.

18 U.S.C. 875(c) – Making a federal crime, punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000, to transmit any communication in interstate or foreign commerce containing a threat to injure the person of another. Section 875(c) applies to any communication actually transmitted in interstate or foreign commerce - thus it includes threats transmitted in interstate or foreign commerce via the telephone, e-mail, beepers, or the Internet.

47 U.S.C. 223 - Making a federal crime, punishable by up to two years in prison, to use a telephone or telecommunications device to annoy, abuse, harass, or threaten any person at the called number. The statute also requires that the perpetrator not reveal his or her name.

federal law. right there.

I don't care how fucking old a thread is. I read it, didn't like what I saw, and said something about it.

so you can call bullshit all you want, but since om1kron clearly threatened bodily injury, he broke a federal crime, with obviously steep penalties as well.
coreyh is offline   Reply With Quote