Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #27
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
well, a few bad seeds saying fuck 9/11 should not in anyway affect what holidays we can celebrate.

and i would expect a 130 plus, year old HOLIDAY to get a lot more attention and respect then a 10 year old memorial date.

I dont respect 9/11 at all.
We fucked around with that country for decades, what did we think was gonna happen ??

I posted this today on my facebook instead.

The Greatest Speech Ever Made - YouTube
Speaking for myself, I respect 9/11 because the civilians & servicemen who died were in no way responsible for the questionable foreign policy.
two wrongs don't make a right.

Now if the said victims of 9/11 were executive of say Haliburton, oil companies, politicians, I would be much less sympathetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
Why do you have to respect it? Because you're told to?

People die all the time, everywhere, every minute. I'm sure with the money spent on remembering 9/11 we could have kept thousands of impoverished people alive all over the world.

Almost 9,000 innocent Afghan civilians died because 3,000 of ours died. How the fuck is that fair or worth remembering. If anything we should just try to be decent and forgiving human beings and forget the whole thing even happened.
I don't believe anyone 'needs' to respect anything either, that's a matter of choice or so it is on a genuine level imo.

Remembrance can be looked at in different ways, it need not be there for the sake of say rumination or spite.
I don't think it necessarily compromises human decency, or goes to show we're unforgiving.

We could have spent a lot of money better, I'm sure this celebration isn't the most expensive, nor is it worst reason for one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
at least respect 9/11.. If you celebrate cinco de mayo but dont give a shit about 9/11, than you should leave our country. Not anyone here but i just thought about that after i saw some minorities post up on my friends status about fck 9/11.
Apples & Oranges, nobody takes Cinco De Mayo seriously.
It's just another excuse to get drunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion fuck religion
While I'm tempted to agree, I think it all boils down to politics.
Religion is just an excuse.
Take that away & ppl will find something else to bicker about.
(look at China for instance that goes out of it way to discourage/ban religion)
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote