Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-11-2015, 02:11 AM   #1
mint40

Trader Rating: (0)
mint40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
value my 240sx

Hi, I drive a 1991 240sx with 19k miles (bought it with 11k miles). sadly I am looking to sell it but not sure how much to ask for it. I love this car but with the low mileage I think modifying it will ruin it personally. the only thing that is not original is the radio. lived in arizona basically all of its life so no rust.

mint40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #2
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
thread was moderated, approved.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:42 AM   #3
Hazard240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Hazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
With 19k!? Look forward to seeing the estimated price.
Hazard240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:02 AM   #4
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Old 11-16-2015, 10:09 AM   #5
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
wow that thing is wicked clean! I'd say it should sell in the $5k range. just my opinion.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
s13rhdhatch
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13rhdhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Pretty damn mint! Can the miles be verified?
s13rhdhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:13 AM   #7
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Do you have any records that truly state the car has 19k miles? My car has every service record from previous owner that I can see the mileage in the car as the years progressed.

I also have a spare cluster at home that I can set to whatever mileage I want...replacing a cluster is about 10bolts....
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:37 AM   #8
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Hope it's just the picture quality, but it appears the body line is missing on this section of the car.

Aside from that, I'd definitely get a carfax report on that to back up the mileage.

We can through up figures all day long, but a realistic number would be $5-6k in my opinion.

Someone who is looking to build and collect/preserve an S13 would probably pay more.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 10:51 AM   #9
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
seats are in such great shape... very clean
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 11:13 AM   #10
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Put it on ebay with your reserve for what you'd take and go from there...

Make sure you have documentation over the years to prove the mileage. Carfax may if you've had it regularly serviced and inspected.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:21 PM   #11
corbin
Zilvia Member

corbin is a well-known jackass
Looks like this car was featured on Bring A Trailer a few months ago... I'm assuming you were the buyer? http://bringatrailer.com/2015/07/01/...-nissan-240sx/
corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:26 PM   #12
10psitx
Zilvia Member

10psitx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin View Post
Looks like this car was featured on Bring A Trailer a few months ago... I'm assuming you were the buyer? http://bringatrailer.com/2015/07/01/...-nissan-240sx/
Damn Corbin!...all Dick Tracy and shit!!
Clean car OP....sent you a PM
10psitx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:55 PM   #13
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I'd pay 6k for it. At the absolute least.

I do know there's a mint red SOHC hatch that was basically just as nice as this one with 30k or something on it and it sold for upwards of 10k iirc.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 01:57 PM   #14
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
*heavy breathing*
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #15
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
OHHHHHHH SNAPPPPPPPPPP!!! LOW MILEAGE?!?!?!?!!?

YESSSSS.... that means those seats are still uber-unsupportive! and the brakes still suck donkey dick!!! And the exhaust note, so sweet.

So many better cars you can get. I have no idea why anyone would want that. Its not a Supra Turbo or an FD3S.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:25 PM   #16
hybrid_eg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (19)
hybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the roughhybrid_eg is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
lol... just ebay it, there are suckers out there that will pay bank for it, no reason why not to get every penny from if people are willing to pay.. set a high reserve and see where the auction goes and adjust from there..
hybrid_eg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:27 PM   #17
civilized_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

civilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightcivilized_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to civilized_drifter
dont listen to ixfxi, he owns clear corners....which is why he's salty.

OT: in the southeast this would go for 5-6k...however ive seen s14 kouki's bome stock on CL for 7-8 all day with moderate miles.. I think finding a person who wants a clean stock 240 is key and would fetch the bigger stack
Old 11-16-2015, 03:31 PM   #18
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
value my 240sx

It's worth whatever someone will pay.

Mileage to me just means nothing since I wouldn't keep any of the sock power train.

Suspension rubber will rot from Ozone regardless of miles.

Car reminds me just how much I hate the stock aero, wheels and tail lights.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 03:58 PM   #19
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
Hope it's just the picture quality, but it appears the body line is missing on this section of the car.
It's missing the black stripe around the entire length of the car, but that can still be ordered new from Nissan and applied easily. Still in great shape, regardless.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:04 PM   #20
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgRWDgoodness! View Post
It's missing the black stripe around the entire length of the car, but that can still be ordered new from Nissan and applied easily. Still in great shape, regardless.
Meant the factory lines on the lower rocker where the black stripe sits.

The indentation stamped on the OE sheet metal.

Looking at the link provided by Corbin, it's there.

OP's pictures don't show the body line making it seem like there was a previous repair done poorly.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:12 PM   #21
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Yeah that super clean red hatch sold for $10k plus on ebay. It was, honestly, cleaner than this but still, I fully believe this will sell for close that. I wouldn't pay it, but someone will.

Hopefully it won't be the same guy who bought the red one and posted repeatedly on every forum/ social website he could find bragging about his purchase.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #22
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Crimson- it ALMOST looks like it has a rear valance in that picture. edit: just a shadow

It's even a Misty Blue metallic car too... good god this car is amazing..

Last edited by Super_OK_S13; 11-16-2015 at 10:48 PM..
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #23
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
It depends.
Is the USB cable included?
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:58 PM   #24
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
The paint is in very good condition. Must have been garage kept for most of its life.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:18 PM   #25
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Misty Blue Metallic. Don't see that color everyday. I would start at $6500 and go from there. Interested to see closer pics of the possible body damage area, or if its just the lighting. I'd say it would be worth more if it was a coupe since the hatch to coupe ratio is about 3:1.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:31 PM   #26
p1atinum97
Zilvia Member

p1atinum97 is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember this from reddit back when you first got it. I would start with what you paid for it because there is always someone like you who is willing to spend that for a rare find
p1atinum97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:39 PM   #27
Corbic
Post Whore!

Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post

Hopefully it won't be the same guy who bought the red one and posted repeatedly on every forum/ social website he could find bragging about his purchase.

But why else would you buy it if not for the bragging rights?

Drift Missile?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:00 PM   #28
CostFree
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
CostFree is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I can faintly see the body line. It looks like it is the lighting in that picture. Posting more pics would help. Clean car none the less.
CostFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #29
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
pM ME PLEASE!!!

very interested
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 06:25 PM   #30
Javi802
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Javi802 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Its "worth" is relative to how much someone makes. To me anyways. If i were making even 60k a year, i would happily pay upwards of 10k for this car, but that's because i love them. And i would only buy it to baby it, as i would keep it as a collector.

Being as they're all getting trashed and turned in to "drift missiles" they will be gems in the future.
Javi802 is offline   Reply With Quote