Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-04-2015, 02:48 PM   #1
kneums25

Trader Rating: (0)
kneums25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 firewall in S13?

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and any custom work like this so please don't chew my ass out if i make myself look stupid.

Please don't tell me that its stupid and pointless, i know it is, but its cheaper than getting myself a legit rhd car, and its easier for me instead of tearing apart a good jdm s13 to 1j swap and tube the front, and i have no money, i mean no money. I found a jdm s14 front clip for cheap enough to make it worth my wile.

So i was wondering is it possible to swap a s14 jdm firewall in a usdm s13 hatch? Has anyone ever done it? If so what problems did you run into with fitment and mating it to the chassis? And what should i look of for or be cautious of?

I have never done a project of this sort as i am 16 and have been working on cars for only about a year or two now but i am well educated and i have a good skill set.

Thanks.
kneums25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2015, 03:39 PM   #2
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneums25 View Post
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and any custom work like this so please don't chew my ass out if i make myself look stupid.

Please don't tell me that its stupid and pointless, i know it is, but its cheaper than getting myself a legit rhd car, and its easier for me instead of tearing apart a good jdm s13 to 1j swap and tube the front, and i have no money, i mean no money. I found a jdm s14 front clip for cheap enough to make it worth my wile.

So i was wondering is it possible to swap a s14 jdm firewall in a usdm s13 hatch? Has anyone ever done it? If so what problems did you run into with fitment and mating it to the chassis? And what should i look of for or be cautious of?

I have never done a project of this sort as i am 16 and have been working on cars for only about a year or two now but i am well educated and i have a good skill set.

Thanks.

Old 12-04-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
thegr8one013
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
thegr8one013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Instead of putting that stupid pic on why not try helping the guy? We are a big family here meant to support the enthusiast scene.

Anyways I don't think it will work because they are different chassis.the only chance that u have that might give u hope that it'll work is that the front s14 subframe bolts right on. But there's a good chance that it doesn't work cuz the s14 rear subframe along with the whole car is wider than the s13
thegr8one013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8one013 View Post
Instead of putting that stupid pic on why not try helping the guy? We are a big family here meant to support the enthusiast scene.

We have been around long enough to know when info exists, or that there are better places for this thread. Like:

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=297481&page=630
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
kneums25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Thanks for the help bud!
Old 12-04-2015, 09:16 PM   #6
kneums25

Quote:

Anyways I don't think it will work because they are different chassis.the only chance that u have that might give u hope that it'll work is that the front s14 subframe bolts right on. But there's a good chance that it doesn't work cuz the s14 rear subframe along with the whole car is wider than the s13
Im getting the while s14 front clip (if i do purchase it) and im not completely sure yet if im going to just take the s14 firewall or the whole thing and use the s14 front but that is more work for me to do so i woud like to try and only swap the firewall instead of the whole front end. Also i didnt know the subframe bolts right on thats saves me a lot of trouble.
Thanks!
Old 12-04-2015, 09:19 PM   #7
kneums25

Quote:
Im getting the while s14 front clip (if i do purchase it) and im not completely sure yet if im going to just take the s14 firewall or the whole thing and use the s14 front but that is more work for me to do so i woud like to try and only swap the firewall instead of the whole front end. Also i didnt know the subframe bolts right on thats saves me a lot of trouble.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodameaon View Post
We have been around long enough to know when info exists, or that there are better places for this thread. Like:

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=297481&page=630
Oh i can multiquote... oops and i was not aware of that thread, im still learning my way around this forum and forums in general thanks for making me aware of that thread.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:30 PM   #8
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:

Fuck your "we are all enthusiasts" shit. Just cause your mom told you that there are no dumb questions, doesn't mean that's true.

This 16 year old doesn't know a gas cap from an oil cap, I'm not going to coach him, there are too many resources out there.

Quote:
Thanks for the help bud!
Quote:
Thanks!
This will never happen, wether I helped you or not.

Don't RHD swap your USDM car. especially with another chassis firewall.

The front subframe has nothing to do with making this easier. You still have the dash to fit (which has been done), door cards (since they line up with the dash on S14) the dash support the wiring for a RHD car let alone another chassis, and OBD2.

If you have to ask because you have already searched, and found nothing, there is a good reason.

Also, for a 16 year old you must have some AMAZING FAB skills already, but if you did, you wouldn't be asking here....

If anything do this, it will save you pain, trouble, time and money.

http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/1...ks-120515.html

Now, get back to studying for finals.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #9
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Do the math too:

Front Clip S14: $5-7K
S13 Roller: $800-1500
Wiring: $2-300
PLUS all the little shit $1500

$7500-10K

http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/1...qs-100915.html < SOLD FOR $8K

This of course assumes you fab all this yourself.

YOU ARE WAY OVER YOUR HEAD.

Sorry, but your wet dream is never going to happen.
Old 12-05-2015, 02:49 PM   #10
kneums25

Quote:
Do the math too:

Front Clip S14: $5-7K
S13 Roller: $800-1500
Wiring: $2-300
PLUS all the little shit $1500

$7500-10K

This of course assumes you fab all this yourself.

YOU ARE WAY OVER YOUR HEAD.

Sorry, but your wet dream is never going to happen.
Thanks dad!

But dad, im not your average 16 year old, sorry. I know my way around a car, ive been rebuilding my other project car, a bmw 5 seies, and ive done almost everything on it from front to rear bumper and ive completely rebuilt 4 engines and those engines are all currently opperating. I have also completely overhauled my bmws suspension and brake system along with the cooling system. I cut and replaced my passenger floorboard and repaired the driver floor board. I am also currently in technical school to learn even more than i already do, my teacher who has been in the field for 40+ years says i am by far the smartest in the class and that he would love to send me in the field but i am not 17 and i am not a senior. And about the money... yes i know its going to be expensive from what i have quoted so far from looking up parts and reading build threads and how tos etc. I have totaled atleast 30k to do it the way i want. It is not ment to resell i am going to loose money but i dont care its about the experiance and the fun i get out of it and i have no hopes for the car to be done any time soon.

I am by no means trying to bloat or say that i am better than you btw!

Thanks anyway!
Old 12-05-2015, 02:54 PM   #11
kneums25

Quote:
Fuck your "we are all enthusiasts" shit. Just cause your mom told you that there are no dumb questions, doesn't mean that's true.

This 16 year old doesn't know a gas cap from an oil cap, I'm not going to coach him, there are too many resources out there.

This will never happen, wether I helped you or not.

Don't RHD swap your USDM car. especially with another chassis firewall.

The front subframe has nothing to do with making this easier. You still have the dash to fit (which has been done), door cards (since they line up with the dash on S14) the dash support the wiring for a RHD car let alone another chassis, and OBD2.

If you have to ask because you have already searched, and found nothing, there is a good reason.

Also, for a 16 year old you must have some AMAZING FAB skills already, but if you did, you wouldn't be asking here....

If anything do this, it will save you pain, trouble, time and money.

http://www.japaneseclassicsllc.com/1...ks-120515.html

Now, get back to studying for finals.
In not planning on an interor, because race car.
And i have no fab skills but i can learn and i have plenty of friends who have great fab skills who can teach me and help me out along the way.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:31 PM   #12
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
No money, wants to build a race car.... fast track to the DIW thread...good luck op
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #13
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Thanks dad!

But dad, im not your average 16 year old, sorry.

Thanks anyway!
At least my 18 month old son know to not put a square peg in a round hole, something you are clearly still working on.

If you have all these skills, friends and patience then I will stoked to see your car in Super Street.

Good luck, kid.