PDA

View Full Version : aem question for the guru's

ross.cottrill
07-30-2008, 09:28 PM
just wondering if you can use this particular model#for an s13 blacktop(heard from other forums that you can just repin it?)part # for the aem is 30-1622.im kinda in a rush cuz its a quick deal get it at steal thing.any help would be greatly appreciated.thanx in advance ...Ross

aNskY
08-03-2008, 03:18 PM
any s13 sr ecu will work with any s13 sr, you may need to repin depending on motor year. i did it with a type x power fc (i have a redtop harness which is now type x) just takes some time to research / find the pinouts for each ecu. if the ecu is a steal it's worth the time to re pin IMO

DOHC20sr
08-11-2008, 09:58 AM
the box you need is the 30-1601. red top, and black top (non vvt) have the same pin locations

DDSR240
08-12-2008, 09:11 PM
tecnically it will run any engine its a STANDALONE!!! ALL YOU NEED IS A PLUG FOR the ecu (most all nissan ecu plugs) and make sure the pinouts are matched up...then you just download the correct start up calibrations.
Im not talking out my ass first of I had a 30-1602-u and rewired my type-x harness to make it work (only the coil outputs were different). i also run my sr20det se-r sentra off the same ecu both harneses are wired for that same ecu.

aNskY
08-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Im not talking out my ass first of I had a 30-1602-u and rewired my type-x harness to make it work (only the coil outputs were different). i also run my sr20det se-r sentra off the same ecu both harneses are wired for that same ecu.

i did the exact opposite.. blacktop to type x harness.. and its a few more than coil outputs. cant remember off hand what else was swapped but i remember moving 3 coil outputs and like 3 or 4 others

drifts135
08-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Im glad to see u can do that with aem

drifts135
08-12-2008, 09:30 PM
i did the exact opposite.. blacktop to type x harness.. and its a few more than coil outputs. cant remember off hand what else was swapped but i remember moving 3 coil outputs and like 3 or 4 others

++ rep coming to you sir for giong through that head ache I had to go throgh,,but at least aem has great tech support by the way did you send yours back to make too because you thought it might be broke??

aNskY
08-12-2008, 09:50 PM
im using a type-x djetro power fc, i knew what it was and what i had to do before i bought it but i got a good deal plus they were backordered when i needed one. im not baller enough for AEM :p