Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-30-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
ross.cottrill
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
ross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant futureross.cottrill has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
aem question for the guru's

just wondering if you can use this particular model#for an s13 blacktop(heard from other forums that you can just repin it?)part # for the aem is 30-1622.im kinda in a rush cuz its a quick deal get it at steal thing.any help would be greatly appreciated.thanx in advance ...Ross

" NEO VVL BABY FTMFW!"

Originally Posted by shagspeed
Dude if I made 500WHP on a 54C SR20DET back in 1999-2000 with old school technology .. This VET will T-BAG your RB engines
ross.cottrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 04:18 PM   #2
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aNskY
any s13 sr ecu will work with any s13 sr, you may need to repin depending on motor year. i did it with a type x power fc (i have a redtop harness which is now type x) just takes some time to research / find the pinouts for each ecu. if the ecu is a steal it's worth the time to re pin IMO
aNskY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #3
DOHC20sr

Trader Rating: (0)
DOHC20sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the box you need is the 30-1601. red top, and black top (non vvt) have the same pin locations
DOHC20sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
DDSR240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
DDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
tecnically it will run any engine its a STANDALONE!!! ALL YOU NEED IS A PLUG FOR the ecu (most all nissan ecu plugs) and make sure the pinouts are matched up...then you just download the correct start up calibrations.
Im not talking out my ass first of I had a 30-1602-u and rewired my type-x harness to make it work (only the coil outputs were different). i also run my sr20det se-r sentra off the same ecu both harneses are wired for that same ecu.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

aNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfectionaNskY is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSR240 View Post
Im not talking out my ass first of I had a 30-1602-u and rewired my type-x harness to make it work (only the coil outputs were different). i also run my sr20det se-r sentra off the same ecu both harneses are wired for that same ecu.

i did the exact opposite.. blacktop to type x harness.. and its a few more than coil outputs. cant remember off hand what else was swapped but i remember moving 3 coil outputs and like 3 or 4 others
Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 PM   #6
drifts135
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
drifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifts135
Im glad to see u can do that with aem
drifts135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:30 PM   #7
drifts135
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
drifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifts135
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post
i did the exact opposite.. blacktop to type x harness.. and its a few more than coil outputs. cant remember off hand what else was swapped but i remember moving 3 coil outputs and like 3 or 4 others
++ rep coming to you sir for giong through that head ache I had to go throgh,,but at least aem has great tech support by the way did you send yours back to make too because you thought it might be broke??
drifts135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:50 PM   #8
aNskY
Nissanaholic!

im using a type-x djetro power fc, i knew what it was and what i had to do before i bought it but i got a good deal plus they were backordered when i needed one. im not baller enough for AEM