Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-07-2005, 11:37 PM   #1
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SOHC-T Coupe Build

Well I finally gave in and decided to post these pics here, they've been posted on a couple of other forums for awhile now, but you'll get the compiled version.

My build list:

SOHC motor:
T3/T61 Turbo
JGS Manifold
JGS Wastegate
JGS BOV
JGS Custom Sheet metal Intake Manifold
Emissions removed
Espelir JGT500 Exhaust

Built Spare Block(awaiting cash flow)
Arias Pistons or Wiseco
Crower Rods
Clevite Bearings
PDM Cam or JWT (undecided)
SCE Headgasket
ARP Headstuds
Hybridka.com Solid Lifter Conversion

Fuel and Ignition Control:
AEM EMS 30-1600
GM 3 Bar Map Sensor
720cc Injectors
MSD 6a Ignition
MSD Blaster 3 Coil
Innovate LC-1 Wideband

Drivetrain:
Heavy Duty Pressure Plate
Custom Kevlar Clutch
VLSD
C's Short Shifter

Suspension:
D2 Coilovers 7/5 w/ Pillowball mounts
SPL Tension Rods
SPL Traction Rods
SPL Toe Rods
SPL Rear Upper Control Arms
Tein Inner/Outer Tie Rods
Whiteline Adjustable Sway Bars
Boxed/Welded LCA
ES Bushing Set to cover parts that the rest doesn't cover
ES Subframe Bushings
Custom Nismo Power Bar type tension rod bracket
New Front Lower Control Arms w/ ES Poly Bushing

Interior:
Momo Monte Carlo Wheel
Sentra B13 or B15 seats(have both, haven't decided which to use)

Footwork:
5Zigen FN01R-C 17x8 35 offset w/ 215/45 F 235/45 R

Pics of the car in progress:

Car itself is a '92 Coupe, that will sport a pignose at it's current state. Car has been thoroughly cleaned and repainted underneath. The outside has not yet been, because it's in good enough condition that it isn't a priority as of yet.

Suspension Parts:

Diff Cover

veilside180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #2
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

veilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to allveilside180sx is a name known to all
And it continues....

Motor Pics:

Old 08-07-2005, 11:46 PM   #3
s13andy
Zilvia Member

s13andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to s13andy
wow looking really nice. awesome suspension set up. engine is looking awesome.

Last edited by s13andy; 08-08-2005 at 07:59 AM..
s13andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #4
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
SICK.

We do have a Picture Thread.
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:53 PM   #5
aznpoopy
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
aznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond reputeaznpoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aznpoopy
nice pics. that looked like it was an awful lot of work.

^^ true we have the pic thread. i wonder if this falls under the normal classification of car pics though. this is something different and far more interesting then the typical 'car at an angle in a empty parking deck with harsh lighting' pics.
aznpoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:59 PM   #6
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

I was reading through the post locations and couldn't decide where it fit, but didn't want it to get buried amongst 8 million random pics. So move it if one must, but I'd like to be able to continue to add to it. Without other persons pictures involved if at all possible.=)
Old 08-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #7
MakotoS13
BANNED

MakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownMakotoS13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Send a message via AIM to MakotoS13
i like it.

good job.
MakotoS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 07:44 AM   #8
TheTimanator
Post Whore!

TheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond reputeTheTimanator has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpoopy
^^ true we have the pic thread. i wonder if this falls under the normal classification of car pics though. this is something different and far more interesting then the typical 'car at an angle in a empty parking deck with harsh lighting' pics.
seriously, I mean...if I post a pic of something broken on my car are you gonna tell me to post it in the picture thread?

If he had posted it in the Picture Thread, no one could ask questions except through PM...then the he's be getting a ton of PM's all asking the same thing.

Anyway, what kind of power of are expecting out of this thing?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:06 AM   #9
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Nice stuff! All that effort and then such weak size wheels????
Old 08-08-2005, 08:36 AM   #10
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimanator

Anyway, what kind of power of are expecting out of this thing?
On the stock block we'll hold the reigns back to between 300-350 rwhp.

When the built block goes in we're looking for somewhere in the 500-low 600 rwhp range.=)
Old 08-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #11
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

I expected complaints about the wheels, they were purchased a year ago previous to the 17x9 +20 being released. They work fine though. I would like run small spacers to squeeze 245's on them though.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:00 AM   #12
JaeTea
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
JaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JaeTea
Nice!

So this setup will be running on a stock block?
JaeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 09:48 AM   #13
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

For now..yes. I have my spare on a stand 1/2 stripped, waiting to go to the machinest. I just can't afford the parts for it right now, since I'm been undertaking the rest of this lately.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:17 PM   #14
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Some pics of the mounted intercooler

[/QUOTE]
Old 08-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #15
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
sweet setup. In the armed forces? Your boots n fatigues give it away.

Happy boosting, and post up the dyno when you get it done!
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #16
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
This project must be taking you a long ass time. I say that because you have the old version of the SPL RUCA's. How long has that thing been on jackstands? I got the blue RUCA's too. Bought them on here almost 2 years ago when SPL had a GB to promote their stuff. Done 15+ drift events on them as well as the SPL tension rods and they've held up nicely. I like your subframe.

Since your subframe is off, you should trade your subframe spacers for the type that doesn't have a slit in the spacer.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #17
DrIvEsldEwAyS
Zilvia Junkie

DrIvEsldEwAyS is an unknown quantity at this point
very nice man.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:55 PM   #18
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
wow you must have a lot of time and patience...the project is coming along great and i cant wait to see the finished product...keep up the amazing work
Old 08-11-2005, 07:17 PM   #19
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
dope, one hell of a project to do all at once... MAD PROPZZ.......are u going to powdercoat the valve cover?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:39 PM   #20
Nan Desu Ka?!
Zilvia FREAK!

Nan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to allNan Desu Ka?! is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Nan Desu Ka?!
wow, super clean setup! thats gonna be one fast ass coupe.

nice snail... that thing is HUGE. :P keep us posted mang!

Norcal-240sx.net
Nan Desu Ka?! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #21
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
This project must be taking you a long ass time. I say that because you have the old version of the SPL RUCA's. How long has that thing been on jackstands? I got the blue RUCA's too. Bought them on here almost 2 years ago when SPL had a GB to promote their stuff. Done 15+ drift events on them as well as the SPL tension rods and they've held up nicely. I like your subframe.

Since your subframe is off, you should trade your subframe spacers for the type that doesn't have a slit in the spacer.
You are only the second person to catch the "old" RUCA's. The other was Alan that worked there.=) Actually I had them on another car that was recently hit. So those were just swapped from the other one. Well I had subframe spacers, then switched to these ES bushings, but today I found out one of my nephews lost one while playing with it. So I guess I'm going to purchase SPL aluminum ones. Sucks though, I've had to rebuy numerous parts for this thing, with all the changes that have happened. I've been through two turbo manifolds, 3 turbos, etc.=) I've owned this one for 3 months, but I've been gathering turbo parts for 18. Either way..it's too long to not be having fun with it.

FYI I'm not in the military. Old paintball clothing.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:13 AM   #22
SochBAT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
SochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfectionSochBAT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SochBAT
Damn, you coulda jsut been cool and said something like "yea, i pwn all those commies with my M4. They regret eating my rations."
SochBAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:12 AM   #23
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Could've, but don't like to front something I'm not.=)
Old 08-27-2005, 08:20 AM   #24
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

All the rear suspension is installed finally=). As well as the wheels. It's ready to be dropped on the ground with the exception of us breaking 2 jacks in the process. Should be running in the next 2 weeks if all goes well.

Have pics but accidently burned the wrong ones on the cd that I burned. So I'll post those later this weekend.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:37 PM   #25
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
dude your car is HOT! love the fact that you *and one of the few out there* kept their single cams and went turbo with it. everyone keeps bashing a single but compared to a DE Sr it kicks major ass stil! hell you can get the single to breath just as good as a dual depending on how you set it up.

I found out thru a lot of the old Z tunnerz that if you were to look around hard there are stores about people who have made massive power on their ka24e's back in the day.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:48 PM   #26
reefer1114
Zilvia Addict

reefer1114 is an unknown quantity at this point
thats fucking bad ass!!! but why not spend the extra money for a decent lsd? seems like youre going all out on everything else¿
reefer1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 03:59 PM   #27
veilside180sx
Zilvia Junkie

Eventually I'll wind up with a Nismo 1.5 way clutch LSD. For now though I have to work with what I can afford. Cash is running out and I recently took a hefty pay cut switching jobs. So I'm having to buy parts that I probably wouldn't otherwise buy for some things.=(
Old 08-27-2005, 04:07 PM   #28
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
Nice setup. But why did you decide to go SINGLE and not DUAL?

chlatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 05:42 PM   #29
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
SINGLE IS dirt CHEAP if not free most of the time.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #30
chlatboy
Zilvia FREAK!

chlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enoughchlatboy will become famous soon enough
True, and he is doing a rebuilt so that takes care of the mileage problem.

chlatboy is offline   Reply With Quote