Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-20-2005, 03:07 PM   #1
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s14 S14 spring rate help~

I've been riding on my Espelir springs for quite awhile, and before when I had my tokico blues I thought I had blown shocks... but on the most part i realize now that they were the soft-ass springs... with 4kg/3.75kg front/rear no freaging wonder why.

OK, so im researching springs after riding in my friend's basically stock s2000... his has a spring rate (stock) of like 8kg/10kg. i now have kyb agx shocks and im wondering what spring rates would make my car bounce less with the rebound and allow it to be auto-x -able. looking here "http://www.zilvia.net/faqs/archive/springrates.asp" im seeing that a lot of the rates seem to be a bit soft and also confusing
"KGMM DR21 Racing (Silver/Gold)
Front = 6.6-3.2 kg/mm | 370-179 lb/in
Rear = 5.2-2.4 kg/mm | 291-134 lb/in" anyone know of any springs that are stiff enough for auto-x and what rates would be good?
Old 03-20-2005, 06:42 PM   #2
orion::S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
orion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud oforion::S14 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
4/3.75 is not *that* soft.

Eibach, Suspension Technique, etc...all around that range.

Anyway - The S2000 rates ARE NOT wheel rates...i.e. the 240SX spring rate is the wheel rate...the S200 with 10/8 is more like 5/4 I'd bet...if that. It all depends on where the spring is located onthe suspension.

And AGX's can handle most the regular springs...but more than ~5k on either end will kill 'em quick.

Koni's will do better, but you'll spend $500-600 for 'em.

If you more than what you've got...buy coilovers.

$400 for springs and $600 for shocks is a waste, when you can get all that a coilover offers for $200 more.

- Brian
Old 03-20-2005, 06:58 PM   #3
yudalicious
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
yudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond reputeyudalicious has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
like orion said you can't compare diff cars especially cars with different suspension types...
have you tried the espelir springs w/ the KYB AGX? they should make a very nice street set up... tokicco blues are going to be soft/comfortable because they are designed to be stock replacements i believe.
yudalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:57 PM   #4
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
yea i have the kyb agx with the espelir setup. so far i have the shocks at 3rd out of 4 possible and 6th out of 8 possible dampening settings front and back respective. maybe i should just make it 4/4 and 8/8. but why would it be that if i get stiffer springs the shocks will die quicker? if anything i thought it would help the shocks a bit more