Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-07-2017, 11:30 PM   #1
MR209

Trader Rating: (0)
MR209 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aftermarket Side-Feed Fuel Rail on KA24DET?

Will an aftermarket SR20 Fuel Rail fit properly on a KA24DE? Or are there any other Side-Feed rails that would be compatible for the KA24DE?
I want to run STi Side Feed injectors on my KA-T build, and I want a new aftermarket side feed fuel rail so that I don't have to buy a -AN adapter for my stock KA24DE side-feed rail. I'll be running -6AN line from the fuel rail to an Aeromotive FPR, so either way I will need to put money towards the Fuel Rail situation. I could just gut my stock FPR and run rubber fuel line to the FPR, but I would need to buy a barb-fitting adapter for the FPR. Plus I want to install -6AN lines to and from the rail, not rubber hose. I like Side-Feed injectors better than top-feed(fuel cooling, extended life over top-feed), so I'm not trying to just switch over to a top-feed rail. Problem is, no one, to my knowledge, makes an aftermarket Side-Feed rail for the KA24DE. If this is true, are there any compatible aftermarket side-feed fuel rails from other vehicles? I've seen mention of a Honda Accord fuel rail, but it was possibly a modified AEM top feed rail. So my questions are:

1.Will an SR20 Side Feed Fuel Rail match up to the KA24DE?
2.Was there ever an aftermarket side-feed rail produced specifically for the KA and by whom?
3.Are there any other make/model side-feed rails that are KA24DE compatible?

I've searched and searched but the results are mainly fuel injector related threads. There is one thread on another forum that has a similar question, but he closed the thread before anyone was able to answer it because it was in the wrong chassis section, and then another where people said just run the stock KA24DE rail. I'm not wanting to give up that easily though. I've gone over the Zilvia FAQs to no avail on the subject. I have been reading threads and posts in KA forums for almost 3 years regarding KA-T build info and don't recall seeing this question being answered, but it is possible that I have accidentally skipped over it. I am hoping that someone has dealt with this info before and it just hasn't been posted anywhere. Or maybe it is in an archive somewhere? The fuel system is the only remaining system that I haven't gathered all parts for installation. Fuel rail selection will guide many of my fuel line/routing decisions that are currently in limbo, so this is very important to me. It would be great to know what side-feed options are out there! Thanks in advance for any info!
Old 04-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Just use the AN adapter. No need to reinvent the wheel. You can buy the bolt on ones and run an AN adapter. Or you could just get a 6AN welded to the stock rail.
I believe sr fuel rail mounting points are in different positions than KA