Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #1
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up 2015/2016 NBA Season Thread

NBA Draft this week, which means its time for new season business!

2015 NBA Draft - Brooklyn, N.Y. - June 25, 7 p.m. ET - ESPN

Top 10 Draft Order
1. Minnesota Timberwolves
2. Los Angeles Lakers
3. Philadelphia 76ers
4. New York Knicks
5. Orlando Magic
6. Sacramento Kings
7. Denver Nuggets
8. Detroit Pistons
9. Charlotte Hornets
10. Miami Heat

ESPN Projected Top 10
#1 Karl-Anthony Towns - C - Kentucky
#2 D'Angelo Russell - PG - Ohio State
#3 Jahlil Okafor - C - Duke
#4 Kristaps Porzingis - PF - Latvia
#5 Emmanuel Mudiay - PG - China
#6 Mario Hezonja - SF - Croatia
#7 Justise Winslow - SF - Duke
#8 Willie Cauley-Stein - C - Kentucky
#9 Trey Lyles - PF - Kentucky
#10 Myles Turner - PF - Texas

I'm ok with the HEAT drafting any of Devin Booker, Stanley Johnson, Frank Kaminsky or R.J. Hunter at the 10 spot. If Hezonja or WCS fall to us it would also be a good pick up.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:56 AM   #2
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (61)
Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Feedback Score: 61 reviews
Im still torn between Russell and Okafor going #2. Hoping Mitch Kupchak makes the right call.
Kallixtos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 12:59 PM   #3
acslater9
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
acslater9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
If I were the Lakers I would choose Russell. That guy is something else he's defienatly a true scorer. Instant offensive is what comes to mind when I hear his name. Also I'd like to note that this guy basically put Ohio state on his back during the tournament. Future star, I called it.
acslater9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 01:46 PM   #4
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Kallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really niceKallixtos is just really nice
Russell is definitely capable of scoring and excellent passing ability on top of that. Still needs to work on his off hand finishing ability though.

Just a beautiful pass.

https://vine.co/v/OIDY3LX63pL

Similar comparison could be said about Okafor though. Low post offense is incredible and can make the smart pass out of a double team.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #5
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
I would like to see the Nuggets improve this year. Always liked that franchise
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I'm interested in seeing what the Knicks will do with their pick. Seeing all kinds of rumors that they might trade it, but we'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:09 PM   #7
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
In today's episode of the Wade contract saga, Heat looking to move Chalmers and Birdman to free up cap space.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13...sues-next-week
Old 06-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #8
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
do you guys care if Wade resigns in Miami?

I know he's a legend there, but idk if you guys want to do something similar to what the Lakers did by giving Kobe a 2 year $50M contract at the tail end of his career

Quote:
Old 06-22-2015, 03:22 PM   #9
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
I pray to God Wade doesn't come to the Lakers. We don't need another injury prone player past his prime.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 07:11 PM   #10
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
If the Lakers were going to keep the #2 pick, I would draft Russell. You don't draft the big man just because he's a big man, you draft the best (available) player.

I really like the Cousins to LA talk though, he's arguably one of the best big men (top 3) in the league. When you draft these young players fresh out of college, you really don't know what you're getting until a few years down the road.

I wouldn't mind Wade to sign with LA, but not for the max, and not for anything longer than 1-2 years. In as much as he has regressed, he's only 32/33 and is a 3-time champion.

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 06-22-2015 at 08:28 PM..
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:43 PM   #11
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (38)
zooopreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
I'm very surprised at the Russell to the Lakers supporters here. Russell is a great player but with the saturated amount of guards in the league, it'd be smarter to take the risk on a veteran guard than a rookie to run your offense or provide you with points.

We had no choice with Clarkson and he was more a two guard coming into the team. The plan was to utilize his athleticism and scoring ability at the two with Lin or Nash running the offense. But we all know how that panned out; I think the Lakers got super lucky on that one.

Anyway, you draft a big man because of presence on the defensive end. The Lakers' perimeter defense isn't strong and won't be while Kobe is still on the team. A quick and effective way to mask their weakness on a few possessions is by having a big man.

Okafor's feet aren't the best but he's athletic and hard working enough to work on that aspect of his game. He reminds me of Cody Zeller. I can list many reasons why taking Russell at #2 isn't a bright idea unless it's a part of the package to trade for a big like Cousins.

As for Wade, I also wouldn't mind him on the Lakers if he doesn't mind being paid less than he was offered in Miami. Doubt this deal happens but he'd be a great addition to the team even with his injuries. Get him on a Beasley contract and I'll be super content lol.

BGC would be great for the Lakers but I can see a butting of heads between Byron and Cousins on rotations or help coverage lol I think if Byron can teach and not lecture and try to impose his will, he'll be able to get the most out of Cousins.
For Sale #1 | For Sale #2
zooopreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 08:56 PM   #12
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
The NBA is a PG-driven league, and while they're a dime a dozen, guards usually show their upside (or downside) faster compared to bigs. Bigs take longer to develop.

I have watched Okafor many times during the last NCAA season and his defense is atrocious. I would rather sign/trade for a bonafide big man (like Cousins). Gasol and Jordan are also available to throw money at.

I don't think Wade is coming though, he wants to get paid and I doubt LA will give him the kind of money he's after.
Old 06-22-2015, 10:39 PM   #13
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
do you guys care if Wade resigns in Miami?

I know he's a legend there, but idk if you guys want to do something similar to what the Lakers did by giving Kobe a 2 year $50M contract at the tail end of his career
We'd rather not see Wade go, of course. It just wont work numbers wise to pay him a max contract if Deng does not opt out and we have to also give Dragic a max to keep him. If they can move Chalmers and/or Birdman to give Wade and Dragic a max then I'm for it.

The risk is that we lose Dragic if Wade goes. The future core is Dragic/Bosh/Whiteside/#10pick and with McRoberts coming back this season we should be good to play a faster offense which Spoelstra/Dragic wants.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #14
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTRNTV View Post
The NBA is a PG-driven league, and while they're a dime a dozen, guards usually show their upside (or downside) faster compared to bigs. Bigs take longer to develop.

I have watched Okafor many times during the last NCAA season and his defense is atrocious. I would rather sign/trade for a bonafide big man (like Cousins). Gasol and Jordan are also available to throw money at.
His defense wasn't/isn't as bad as you're making it seem. I'm sticking to my Cody Zeller comparison and Cody was drafted 4th. So a big that can score AND has decent defense (that can improve with a defensive minded coach)? I think that's a much better pick than a guard in this guard saturated league.

For rookie guards, the responsibility to run the offense or create their own lies on their shoulders, how does that help the team immediately if they haven't transitioned yet? I don't think Russell will be a strong impact immediately, he'll make some great plays here and there but for the most part, I see a transitional year (from college to NBA) for him.

The Lakers don't need a championship season but they also don't need a losing one again. So far from what I've been reading thus far, the Lakers are making moves to get back into playoff contention this year and continue to build towards a championship in the immediate and near future.

I'm actually afraid of what the Lakers will do via trade to acquire Cousins. I know it'll require the 2nd pick but if they include Clarkson and/or Randle in that package, I'm just going to shake my head. I would imagine that it would be Randle first then Clarkson.
Old 06-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #15
FRpilot
Post Whore!

There's a rumor going around about a 3 team Sacramento, Los Angeles, and Orlando trade that ends up like this:

Quote:
If a trade does happen, imagine this: The Kings acquire the Lakers second overall pick, Julius Randle and Nikola Vucevic, while the Kings already possess the No. 6 overall. Sacramento would have to be crazy to not at least consider that possibility. Plus, Jahlil Okafor at No. 2 could be a future All-Star center as well.

http://sacramento.suntimes.com/sac-s...rade-to-lakers
It sounds ridiculous and idk how Sacramento could say no to No 2, Julius Randle, and Vucevic, and still keep their #6. I don't know how it would work and probably wouldn't since it doesn't seem like Orlando would get anything back.

Quote:
Old 06-23-2015, 02:09 PM   #16
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Thought Lakers would be getting #6 and giving up their other pick(s)
Old 06-24-2015, 05:14 AM   #17
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
There's a rumor going around about a 3 team Sacramento, Los Angeles, and Orlando trade that ends up like this:

It sounds ridiculous and idk how Sacramento could say no to No 2, Julius Randle, and Vucevic, and still keep their #6. I don't know how it would work and probably wouldn't since it doesn't seem like Orlando would get anything back.
Cousins isn't leaving Sacramento. Just no

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
Old 06-24-2015, 07:55 AM   #18
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Cousins isn't leaving Sacramento. Just no
How do you expect Cousins to play under George Karl now that he and everyone else knows he doesn't want him there? I don't see the Kings firing the coach (again!) and keeping Cousins.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:28 AM   #19
Kallixtos
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnnr View Post
How do you expect Cousins to play under George Karl now that he and everyone else knows he doesn't want him there? I don't see the Kings firing the coach (again!) and keeping Cousins.
Rumors have also surfaced that Cousins requested a trade back in May.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:29 PM   #20
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
This!

Reports are stating George Karl and DeMarcus Cousin's relationship might be beyond repair and it would be really awkward if both were still in Sacramento for the start of training camp. The Owner and Vice President Vlade Divac don't want to trade Cousins, but Karl is trying to get everyone else in the organization on his side. Karl really wants to get Ty Lawson and The Manimal (Kenneth Farried) back from his Denver teams because he wants players that will play to his style and Cousins is not his type of player.

All I got to say is "is George Karl stupid?"

Quote:
Old 06-24-2015, 02:11 PM   #21
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Kevin Love and Monta Ellis opted out. What happens next?!

If Love goes to Boston I can see Pierce coming back to retire a Celtic.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #22
theronin
Post Whore!

Quote:
Kings owner straight up said Cousins isn't going anywhere.

Old 06-24-2015, 05:10 PM   #23
FRpilot
Post Whore!

I don't know why Love would go to Boston, unless he just wants to go there to put up huge numbers in the shitty East.

Maybe Boston will swing a deal for Cousins and sign Love and a PG stud.

Quote:
Old 06-24-2015, 08:24 PM   #24
zooopreme
Post Whore!

Charlotte is making moves! Acquired Batum and Jeremy Lamb! Plus they were able to dump Vonleh and Henderson.

I like this move for Charlotte, Batum will be their best three point shooter--shooting around 36% (30% this last season) and Lamb is also a good addition to their bench. Imagine Batum and MKG on the defensive end for Charlotte? Sheesh.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:38 PM   #25
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Cousins is on his way out, I don't see how he can play in a team where the coach doesn't want him there. Apparently Karl is known as a snake...
The Kings want the #2 pick, Randle, AND Clarkson? Good thing they have no leverage on the Lakers.

Charlotte just got a lot better with what they just pulled off. I love trades! lol

It's also reported that LeBron will not recruit Love to re-sign with the Cavs.

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 06-24-2015 at 10:48 PM..
Old 06-25-2015, 10:29 AM   #26
zooopreme
Post Whore!

I'm going to throw this out there because I'm starting to take pride in this even if it doesn't benefit us every time but tell me how many agents are using/have used the "Laker" name and brand as bait for other organizations?

LaMarcus isn't coming to Los Angeles, Jimmy Butler isn't coming to Los Angeles, maybe Love isn't coming to LA, and maybe DeMarcus isn't coming to LA but do you see any sense of urgency when you see a player leaning towards the Pistons or Milwaukee as a destination?

With all of these surrounding rumors and "sources" stating one thing or the other, I think it speaks volumes how relevant the Lakers still are even when we do suck massive ass.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:48 AM   #27
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
I'm going to throw this out there because I'm starting to take pride in this even if it doesn't benefit us every time but tell me how many agents are using/have used the "Laker" name and brand as bait for other organizations?

LaMarcus isn't coming to Los Angeles, Jimmy Butler isn't coming to Los Angeles, maybe Love isn't coming to LA, and maybe DeMarcus isn't coming to LA but do you see any sense of urgency when you see a player leaning towards the Pistons or Milwaukee as a destination?

With all of these surrounding rumors and "sources" stating one thing or the other, I think it speaks volumes how relevant the Lakers still are even when we do suck massive ass.
I haven't been keeping up with any thing NBA related lately.
But my gut feelings say that K.Love is going to end up in L.A., I've heard rumors the Love wasn't happy in Cleveland.

D.cousins is an above average type player. I respect him as a player. But I don't like him as a person, his attitude sucks! If I were GM I would not look to aquire him!

Any how, who are the other top players that are free agents as of now?

Last edited by Dboyizmlg; 06-25-2015 at 11:23 AM..
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:31 AM   #28
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post

Because the Lakers are the NBA's marquee franchise, I hate the Lakers and even I know this. Still can't believe Stern ruined the CP3 trade because of crying Dan Gilbert. Anyways, with the Lakers in a better position this summer, I expect them to get at least one big name this off season besides the #2 pick.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:19 PM   #29
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Go bulls.... MVP back in action
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #30
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Well, I guess I was wrong:

Source: Kings owner pondering Karl's dismissal