Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
Gregoreo

Trader Rating: (0)
Gregoreo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 Dilemma,come on in

Debating on trading my 05 Audi a4, 1.8t quattro with 145k miles. for this guys black top swapped s13. Plus 3K cash on his part. my cars only worth about 6k I think anyways. Why you ask? I just want another fun car to drive. i love my b6. but its just boring. and too expensive to produce the numbers i want with it. I'm 28, in the military, married with a kid on the way. we have 3 newish dailys including my a4. so no concerns with the kiddo needing a ride. I'm just at a cross roads and wouldn't want to regret this decision but my cars value is dropping by the year. the trade in value is about nil for what id like to get.I have owned 2 other 40s in my day and I am aware of the headaches blah blah. but it will keep me busy. ive been looking for a swapped "fixerupper". and have met with and driven this car and is the current car in the cross hairs.

93 s13
-sr20 blacktop
-gt2871r w isis bottom mount v2 mani
-on spring and shocks
-r200 diff

just a few basic highlights.

Im concerned with the harness. the red wires running along the firewall are MAF wires. spliced into the harness

And my car
Gregoreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Don't do it.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:05 PM   #3
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Take the deal, buy a wiring specialties harness ~$400, coilovers ~$1,000, wheels ~$1,500. And boom, there you go, clean looking fun car.

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #4
Gregoreo

Sell me why or why not.knot.kevinedgar has a compelling point.
Edit. I was thinking paint.coils. and wheels.
Old 12-22-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinEdgar View Post
Take the deal, buy a wiring specialties harness ~$400, coilovers ~$1,000, wheels ~$1,500. And boom, there you go, clean looking fun car.
This.

Seems like a pretty solid deal on your end.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Those wires for the MAF need to be extended for them to reach the MAF sensor due to LHD/RHD wiring harness routing. Granted it looks like he did it poorly, but I wouldn't worry too much about it so long as the car runs well.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:39 PM   #7
Gregoreo

I've never driven an Sr with a gt2871r. Are they noticeably laggy? Did a few pulls with it. It seemed a LA little sluggish. Not sputtering. More like it needs a proper tune. The am wide band pegged out. Which I was looking for 12:1 AF at wot and it far surpassed it. Letting out a decent back fire slowing for a light. He says it's just the original ecu no tune. Any insight or is just something that can be handled with a decent tuner.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
For that deal I would do it since repairing a s13 is way cheaper and easier to make more power and modify.if you didn't have other daily drivers I would say no since your most likely goin to find issues or things it will need repaired/fixed
Old 12-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #9
KevinEdgar
Zilvia FREAK!

KevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to allKevinEdgar is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregoreo View Post
I've never driven an Sr with a gt2871r. Are they noticeably laggy? Did a few pulls with it. It seemed a LA little sluggish. Not sputtering. More like it needs a proper tune. The am wide band pegged out. Which I was looking for 12:1 AF at wot and it far surpassed it. Letting out a decent back fire slowing for a light. He says it's just the original ecu no tune. Any insight or is just something that can be handled with a decent tuner.
It's not going to run at full potential without a tune. RS enthalpy is the cheapest route

http://milktea-man.com
KevinEdgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #10
CamberWear
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
CamberWear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Do it. Body looks nice and straight, get the swap/wiring straightened out and address any other flaws you might find with the 3k and you've got a solid schassis. Any left over could be used to make it flashy.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #11
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
12:1 at WOT, I'd be iffy about the beating that rod and piston has taken.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:05 PM   #12
Gregoreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
12:1 at WOT, I'd be iffy about the beating that rod and piston has taken.
Elaborate?
Old 12-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #13
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregoreo View Post
Elaborate?

It's fine. Over 12.5 then you should worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #14
Ineedparts
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Ineedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the roughIneedparts is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
DO IT! You have already justified it in your post and your head. Sounds like a good deal, as long as the body is rust free then I wouldnt hesitate.
Ineedparts is offline   Reply With Quote