Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 AM   #1
sqd
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sqd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Questions about this clutch (Nismo/Exedy twin)

So I bought this clutch along with my Z32 box for my SR20 S14, but I was told it was supposed to be a Nismo Super Coppermix, which it isn't.

But fom Googling, it should be a Nismo G-Max twin plate, spec I (silver cover).

It has the newer Nismo logo and Exedy logo on it, but it doesn't say G-Max anywhere - is it supposed to?

What I'm most interested in - how much power should it hold? The plates have a lot of life left on them, so I'm not too worried about that. But I'm shooting for over 500whp, maybe even 600whp, with my new setup (reason I got the Z32 box in the first place), and I bought it believeing it was a Coppermix, which should hold that power. The G-Max I haven't found much info on, so I don't know if it'll hold up.

Also, the car will be a street car, not for drifting etc.

And, what would be considered a fair price for a good condition G-Max twin plate?

Thanks in advance for any info I might get!
sqd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Look on the nismo japan page for more info. I found info there so its informative. I brought a coppermix twin and it was stapped on the pressure plate IIRC and its a darker red. The Gmax's Ive seen didnt have exedy on them. I have a friend who has been running a gmax on his gtr for years. He has close to 500 at the wheels. G-max twins can be had for realatively cheap used in Japan. I paided 70k yen for a Super coppermix twin and thats the cheapest Ive seen. Exedy is supposedly the maker and a lil cheaper. Either way you have a good clutch.

http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...024#enlargeimg
Old 10-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #3
sqd
Leaky Injector

Yes, I did look at Nismos site, and going by the item# on the disc you see in the pic (3010C-RS040), that's a disc for the G-Max spec I silver cover, according to this PDF:
http://www.nismo.co.jp/en/products/c...f/clutch11.pdf

So I'm pretty sure it's a Spec I GMax Even though it's stamped with Nismo and Exedy, and not GMax (as far as I can see).

I'm sure it's a good clutch, I just want to be sure that it can handle the power I'm aiming for, otherwise I must find another one, and somehow come to some sort of agreement with the seller, since I was thinking I was getting a Coppermix, or atleast a clutch that I know would hold up.

So I don't really care that it's not a Coppermix, it's the capability of the clutch that I care about.

Thanks for the info though!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:52 AM   #4
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I see your locations as sweden so obviously the JDM mark up will be a bit I would assume. Depending on the price that you paided I'd ask for any adjustment. I think the clutch will be fine if you can find how much torque it its rated at and go from there.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
boyou2
Zilvia Junkie

boyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura about
It is a G-Max one, I got quite the same in my garage for a rb26/Skyline

boyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:11 AM   #6
sqd
Leaky Injector

Yep, figured as much

Now I need to find out how much power/torque it can handle, Googling isn't turning up much..
Old 10-18-2012, 09:22 AM   #7
boyou2
Zilvia Junkie

boyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura aboutboyou2 has a spectacular aura about
if i remember well, a lot of trq ^^

something like 890Nm
boyou2 is offline   Reply With Quote