Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Advertiser Specials and Sales > Advertiser Announcements and Feedback

Advertiser Announcements and Feedback This is where vendors can make announcements about upcoming promotions, events, items, etc. Vendors may also create threads here for the purpose of market research or other customer feedback.

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
gripROYAL
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (15)
gripROYAL is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
gripROYAL :: Stress Test Video

‪WOOD PUSHER‬‏ - YouTube

ZILVIA 15% OFF CODE DURING CHECKOUT: ZILroyalVIA

You guys asked for it so here it is! Please be sure to read the description for full details! Thanks for your time and for viewing!

VIDEO DESCRIPTION:
"This is a short video to display the strength of our steering wheels. Yes, you will see some flexing! PLEASE keep in mind, this video displays a LOT of force using both hands to push and pull the steering wheel, similar to the act of pulling your entire body weight by getting up and out of your seat with a pillar grab handle. Please pay attention to the fact that under this high amount of stress, the dash bar mount in this S13 is actually moving the entire steering column. The steering wheel is the largest amount of leverage and will LOOK as if it's flexing the most, but also take notice of the column and hub moving under this amount of force. We are loading this video to show that under these large loads of force, the wheels don't bend! The amount of flex in them is minimal to none, especially under usual amounts of force/use.

Thanks for viewing and considering gripROYAL products! We hope you take into consideration how upfront and honest this video portrays our product.

The following are NOT in affiliation with gripROYAL:
MUSIC: Jaime Foxx - Just Like Me (Inst.)
NRG Innovations
S3 Magazine"

If you'd like to preorder an out of stock wheel, or put your name on the notification list for the BLACKOUT or CLASSIC wheels, please PM me!
For crew purchases of 5 or more, PM for pricing!

gripROYAL.com

Last edited by gripROYAL; 07-29-2011 at 11:53 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #2
blatantforchange
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
blatantforchange is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Need that wheel in my z!
Old 08-01-2011, 02:07 AM   #3
AeBaSupLook
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
AeBaSupLook is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Interested in something that is 330mm outside diameter wood wheel. LMK!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:03 AM   #4
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
great for a track wheel as long as you don't get into a collision and put some real force on it.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
great for a track wheel as long as you don't get into a collision and put some real force on it.
im with this guy, i want to see you guys put some real stress on that thing. like mount the wheel in a bench vice, grab the top of the wheel, and start forcibly yanking back, and forth, as if someone just drifted into a wall at 100+ mph and their head hit the wheel.

then again, i just like seeing stuff broken by force! would be pretty cool to see what actually is required to break a wheel though.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:22 AM   #6
gripROYAL
Zilvia Member

gripROYAL is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
im with this guy, i want to see you guys put some real stress on that thing. like mount the wheel in a bench vice, grab the top of the wheel, and start forcibly yanking back, and forth, as if someone just drifted into a wall at 100+ mph and their head hit the wheel.
then again, i just like seeing stuff broken by force! would be pretty cool to see what actually is required to break a wheel though.
I've wrecked my car drifting with one of these wheels; my face hit the wheel and the windshield. The wheel was slightly bent afterwards; I'm still going through multiple surgeries 6 months down the road. In the future we may have the funding to start 'destroying' wheels to make videos for your skepticism, but as of now we do not. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeBaSupLook View Post
Interested in something that is 330mm outside diameter wood wheel. LMK!
Thanks for your interest! As of now, these are our only sizes! Thanks!
Old 08-01-2011, 07:46 AM   #7
nismostate
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (3)
nismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruinnismostate is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nismostate
steering wheels should be designed to bend a little if there was impact during a wreck. you replace it just like you would with a helmet, seat belt harness, etc.
imho, as long as it doesn't come apart while your DRIVING, it's a legit wheel.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:41 AM   #8
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
To add to that you are suposed to let go of your wheel before impact so you dont break your hands and wrists.

WASTED I AM!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripROYAL View Post
I've wrecked my car drifting with one of these wheels; my face hit the wheel and the windshield. The wheel was slightly bent afterwards; I'm still going through multiple surgeries 6 months down the road. In the future we may have the funding to start 'destroying' wheels to make videos for your skepticism, but as of now we do not. Thanks!

Thanks for your interest! As of now, these are our only sizes! Thanks!
anti face smashing gear below..

not hating on your wheels nor being a skeptic, they do look very nice, and if i didn't have hicas, and wanted an aftermarket wheel, i would strongly consider yours.

BUT the title of the thread made me think of "Apocalypse versus steering wheel"
Closed Thread