Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:02 PM   #1
Keith_Bergen

Trader Rating: (1)
Keith_Bergen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SR sr problem, lack power at 2000rpm/missing

First off, the car is a 1995 240sx, with an s15 sr20det engine swapped in which i did last winter, it has fmic, hks 256int 264exh cams, and cometic headgasket. I also recently replaced one coilpack, and it has newer plugs installed when swapped. at almost exactly 2000rpm with heavy or moderate throttle the engine seems to have no power and seems to sputter as if missing. it will continue like this until i remove my foot from the accelerator and only apply light throttle. it only does it for a split second in first, but any other gear it will do it continuously from 2000-2500rpm. also when the car is sitting in neutral, revving through that area it seems to hessitate just slightly enough to notice. any possible causes and solutions to this problem would be much appreciated as it seems to slowly be getting worse, i am trying to be as descriptive as possible but any more info you may need i'd be happy to give as well as possibly video if needed. Thanks to everyone who helps in advance.
Keith_Bergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
Keith_Bergen

Trader Rating: (1)
Keith_Bergen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any ideas?? At first i considered it being a coilpack because of the missing, but when revving in neutral it is very consistently at 2k. and when driving it is when accelerating between 2-3k rpm constantly with any load as well as inconsistently at high rpms. Would a bad coilpack be so consistent? I suspect something going bad because it didn't do it a couple weeks ago but gradually got worse. Could it possibly be a bad ground somewhere? There's no vacuum leaks, another thing i considered was i had to extend maf wires when doing the wiring but didn't shield the two that are supposed to be...would that possibly cause an issue? any help would be appreciated.
Keith_Bergen is offline   Reply With Quote