Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items

For Sale Items Post items for sale here. ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL SALES.

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 12:29 AM   #1
Automato
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Automato is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Modified T25 turbo (T28 compressor wheel)

Price: $375 as is, no refunds etc.

Item: Modified T25 with T28 compressor wheel (FP T28), will also come with an extra GTIR T28 compressor housing and wastegate actuator.

Description: I do not have the specifics of this turbo. It was on the car when I bought it. I was told it was a T28 but had no actual conformation on it since it was already on the car and I did not feel like taking it off to find out. All I knew is that it has a T25 compressor housing with a T28 compressor wheel (pics below show comparisons with my GTIR T28). I dd’d this turbo at 7 and 11 psi depending on what I felt like driving that day. I did run high boost at 15 psi but only at the track or when I had the “need for speed.” This turbo holds 15 psi perfectly from about 3.5k rpm to redline at 7.5k rpm.

The turbo is good with typical side to side shaft play and no in and out shaft play . It does not blow any smoke. I only took it off because I had a GTIR T28 upgrade that I wanted to put in while I had the transmission off. Had I known for sure that my turbo was already modified with a T28 compressor wheel, I would not have gone through the trouble of swapping turbos.

One of the exhaust outlet studs is broken inside the turbo. This should not to be too big of a deal because I ran it without that stud anyway and it was fine. It will come with the other two exhaust studs and no compressor inlet studs. I also lost the ring that keeps the actuator clamped to the wastegate. It should just be a quick $1 or less hardware store run though.

Rochester, NY or Lancaster, PA (I am only in PA so often)

Shipping:
Yes, if you cover it. I should be able to fit it in a flat rate USPS box for around $10, but don’t quote me on that. I prefer local pickup though.

Other Info:
I made 277whp/269wtq with this turbo at 15psi on a dynojet. I also ran a fastest time of 12.7 @ 109 mph on street tires in the quarter mile. My mods included:
-PowerFC
-850cc injectors
-HKS FMIC
-Apex AVC-R
I believe that if I had some more practice, I could have gotten 12.5 on the ¼ mile with this turbo at 15psi.

This turbo is probably the cheapest way to get to 300whp, with supporting mods of course. At 18psi, which I never got to run, this turbo should be capable of 300whp, maybe a little more.

I did a little more digging and this turbo is in fact an FP T28 modified T25. A few clues can confirm my suspicions:

- Can hold 15+ psi (with boost creep, i've seen it hit and hold 17psi) all the way to redline

- Made 277whp on my stock internal sr20det @ only 15 psi

- Has the same size compressor wheel as my GTIR T28

- Has 10 turbine wheel blades, according to the DSM crowd, the BIG T28 has 9, FP T28 has 10, and T25 has 11

Also, fwd sr20det layout guys have pulled out 350 whp out of GTIR T28's. In my research on this FP T28, it is my understanding that the same GTIR compressor wheel is used. I can actually throw in the better flowing GTIR T28 compressor housing with the sale of the turbo. The GTIR compressor housing should be better for high end flow and will also come with an extra wastegate actuator. Note though that I am just throwing in the GTIR compressor housing if you want it, but I do not have an confirmation that it will fit. Based off of some of my research and visual examination, the GTIR T28 compressor housing should fit fine though

Contact info:
Best way to reach me is through pm.

Pictures:

Here are the pictures. The turbo for sale is the darker one with the smaller compressor housing (T25 housing) and actuator. These pictures show a comparison of the compressor wheel with my GTIR T28 turbo with a modified S14 T28 compressor housing.

Last edited by Automato; 03-23-2009 at 03:09 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
Automato
Leaky Injector

first bump for you guys that are just getting out of work. i also update some info in bold.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
bradystrib
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
bradystrib is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
damn, i just sent a t25 to get this done. Hrm...damn good deal! Someone should buy this, quickly. If you still have it next friday i'll buy it though.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
Ghost240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Ghost240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Its an FP Performance Big28 turbo. they are awesome!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
2forty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
2forty has much to be proud of2forty has much to be proud of2forty has much to be proud of2forty has much to be proud of2forty has much to be proud of2forty has much to be proud of2forty has much to be proud of2forty has much to be proud of2forty has much to be proud of2forty has much to be proud of2forty has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
you got pm'd
Old 03-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Automato
Leaky Injector

sold, mods can lock up.