Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
kxl77

Trader Rating: (0)
kxl77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kxl77
240sx overpriced?

I wanted to know if my logic is flawed, but it seems as if every 240sx I come across is grossly overpriced. I see s13's with 130k+, stock, and in FAIR condition looking for 4k. Is it just me or does depreciation not have its toll on the 240sx. If anything, it seems as if they've appreciated since my initial interest in purchasing one three years ago.

And the S14's that I'm predominately interested in are going for way above blue book, with extremely high miles 150k +.

Or do you guys consider the 240 to be a collectors car already?
kxl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #2
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift Premium.

Get used to it.

Check out prices for the AE86.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #3
MunsonAuto
Zilvia Member

MunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enoughMunsonAuto will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to MunsonAuto
Well, up here in new england (says your in NY), they're not very popular from what i've seen. It took me over 4 months just to find one in VT and it was junk. It was about a year when i got super lucky and found this one, it's definitely not from around here (no rust at all) but that's besides the point.
Seeing as there aren't many around the price can be higher, but if you go down south (try cities on craigslist that are as far away as you would want to go) they become cheaper.
Good luck
Old 04-01-2008, 06:35 PM   #4
rowdogg03
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
rowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to allrowdogg03 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Its the drift tax from the hype of those homo ass movies like F&F 3 have brought... Fanboys will pay outrageous prices so people will charge outrageous prices..

Supply and demand.. when the demand of a resource goes up and that resource is limited (as everything on earth is) then subsequently the price will rise respectively.

Not only that but the S chassis are great cars!
Old 04-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Dominic Axelson
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Dominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfectionDominic Axelson is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dominic Axelson
well my opinion i think they are a little over priced but are still good cars but i would not call em collector cars just yet but very soon...
Dominic Axelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
Well some douche bags are getting bored of their CiviCs so they're switching to the S chassis. That's why so many have been getting stolen lately. Now that drifting is getting popular so are these FRs. Its not like kids won't pay 4k for an S13 anyway.

That's my opinion at least. I just hate CiviC drivers so much.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:49 PM   #7
d3m14n
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
d3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of lightd3m14n is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to d3m14n
Thumbs down

240sx are hard to find. ive had countless people come up to me at fast food places and gas stations asking if ill flat out trade or sell the car.

kinda sucks that in five years there wont be many 240sx that are intact and on the market. this is probably why prices are holding steady and perhaps increasing.

supply and demand sucks.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
kxl77

Sigh. Another example of why the media sucks. Then again, I wouldn't mind flying out 3000 miles to buy a 240 and drive it back to New York.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #9
kouki_silvia
Zilvia Member

kouki_silvia has a spectacular aura aboutkouki_silvia has a spectacular aura aboutkouki_silvia has a spectacular aura aboutkouki_silvia has a spectacular aura aboutkouki_silvia has a spectacular aura aboutkouki_silvia has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Well some douche bags are getting bored of their CiviCs so they're switching to the S chassis. That's why so many have been getting stolen lately. Now that drifting is getting popular so are these FRs. Its not like kids won't pay 4k for an S13 anyway.

That's my opinion at least. I just hate CiviC drivers so much.
hate civic drivers
kouki_silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #10
kxl77

I don't have anything against civic drivers, or people that modify civics. It's just the ones that are ricers. You'll notice that ricers are now taking on motorcycles, and we call them squids.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #11
alkemyst
Zilvia Addict

alkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nicealkemyst is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to alkemyst
If you want to find a deal on a 240sx it's not going to come from some dude that bought one to flip. Find one that is owned by someone older and you can get some good deals.

When I started looking about 4 years ago Kouki's were in the $10k-15k range down here...it was ridiculous. Still some found some low mileage ones in mint condition for under $7k.

Just got to be willing to wait for the right deal.

A lot are being listed like many houses out there are. They throw it up at a very high price not really looking to sell, but if someone wants to pay that price they will...

Ã…
Old 04-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #12
yota man
Zilvia Junkie

yota man is an unknown quantity at this point
The north west just fucks up cars so theres probably becoming fewer and fewer up there. Just pick one up down here. It will be worth the trip to save all the money plus you wont really have to worry about rust. Also i got mine for $2,000 and all it needed was a new battery.
yota man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:59 PM   #13
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxl77 View Post
I wanted to know if my logic is flawed, but it seems as if every 240sx I come across is grossly overpriced. I see s13's with 130k+, stock, and in FAIR condition looking for 4k. Is it just me or does depreciation not have its toll on the 240sx. If anything, it seems as if they've appreciated since my initial interest in purchasing one three years ago.

And the S14's that I'm predominately interested in are going for way above blue book, with extremely high miles 150k +.
Where have you been for the past year?

This is old news.

Check out the "super low mileage" red hatch going for $9,000...fully stock.

People are pretty f'ing stupid.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:01 PM   #14
kxl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

This is old news.

Past three years.
www.bimmerforums.com
Old 04-01-2008, 07:07 PM   #15
ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfectionALEXTHESUS*PECT is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALEXTHESUS*PECT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdogg03 View Post
Its the drift tax from the hype of those homo ass movies like F&F 3 have brought... Fanboys will pay outrageous prices so people will charge outrageous prices..
240sx weren't even prominent in the movie; that makes no sense. supply and demand yes, that movie no.

like john said hatchi's are waay more than our cars for even older cars, ours too will soon be the same.

TEAM SUS*PECT
ALEXTHESUS*PECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:09 PM   #16
kxl77

OK- Please excuse my noobness, but why are 240's so cheap in South Carolina? Is there some type of surplus down there or..?
Old 04-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #17
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Rust buckets perhaps?

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #18
rajcat
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
rajcat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
my experience was calling a place n VA to try to get one with 150k for about 6k, and I made the mistake of stating the actual worth of a 95 S14 as stated from my research (which is only about 4k for a mint one). and boy did he tear into me, stating, ''well if that's the case, buy it from them!''I learned my lesson, never buy from a dealor lol... but seriously it is supply and demand. every 240sx was built in Kyushu Japan, making them truly Imported.plus the fact that they were discontinued 10yrs back in th U.S
rajcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #19
Akiros
Zilvia FREAK!

Akiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfectionAkiros is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Akiros
i found one in the local paper. 1990 black hatch. 16k miles on the rebuilt sohc, slippy auto tranny, 128k on the chassis, needs a little work, but it runs, 800 buckaroos. I now have 2 cars Anyone wanna buy a 2004 GTO? lol.
Akiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #20
WangonwWarrior
Zilvia FREAK!

Location: Amerika24 alabama: Where if your not first..... your last
Trader Rating: (15)
WangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant futureWangonwWarrior has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Right when F&F tokyo drift came out their was a guy selling a 1986 gts bone stock corolla hatch for $9,500- its because his ad said "great drift car"
WangonwWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #21
2jzs14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
2jzs14 will become famous soon enough2jzs14 will become famous soon enough2jzs14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i got my 95 SE five speed with 130k on it for 4k and its super clean. the deals are out there you just have to find them
2jzs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #22
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
first zenki 240 - 750
2nd chuki 240 - 1300
3rd chuki 240 - 650
4th zenki s14 -1200
all of which were running when i bought em. now s14 shells going for like 2k. i just wanna s13 hatch for cheap
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #23
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
The average 240 is overpriced. Want a cheap one? Go to the ghetto/barrio here in cali! You can still find them for under $1000. The drifting craze that started in about 2001 has jacked up the prices on pretty much everything that is RWD.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #24
eulalia
Zilvia Junkie

eulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfectioneulalia is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to eulalia
well look at the brightside, atleast there not selling them for 48,000!!!

which i see a lot of supras going for

sorry just blows my mind....

but yeah mostly the drift crazeeee,

like john said, just look at ae86, thanks to initial d?

you never know 240 shells might be going for 12,000, like some muscle cars do, i dont know
Old 04-01-2008, 07:50 PM   #25
agame001
Zilvia Member

agame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to allagame001 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post

This is old news.

yeh. it's pretty stupid how people would actually pay 9 grand for a stock "great drift car" hatch. so that's why there are sellers who post up their prices at the "drifter market value," knowing that someone will be willing to pay up.

just wait until a good deal comes your way.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #26
justaKAiswear
Zilvia Member

justaKAiswear will become famous soon enoughjustaKAiswear will become famous soon enoughjustaKAiswear will become famous soon enough
Really all FR Japanese sports cars are overpriced if you are comparing them to American or European equivalents.... Look at the Supra, RX7, 300zx, even Miata to an extent when you look at its initial cost. Its cuz guys like us want em so bad, we are willing to pay for the platform. For me, Im not even really interested in anything made in the last 10 years....

The S14 blows my mind as far as price, good deals on S13's can be found, but try finding a Kouki for KBB (between 4500-5500) aint happening..... I saw a guy on ImportAtlanta.com asking $8 grand for a 98 with 130K, that had been wrecked and the front clip wasnt even the same color!!! Asking TWICE the bluebook... just wow.
justaKAiswear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:52 PM   #27
jspecusa
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (7)
jspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfectionjspecusa is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jspecusa
when i use to drive my s14 back in the days,
other 240 owner would drive up and wave hi.
nowaday all i get is 240 owner reving on me like a civic would.
sad, oh if you think 240 are high check out RX7 and Supra pricing.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:01 PM   #28
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Yea even out here in GA I see 240's goin for absurd prices. I have seen one, 4K with 178,000 miles. I was like. Thanks to all the rices hoppin on the drift bandwagon, and all the grandma sue's who dont wanna give up their precsious zenki, 240's are hard to find and overpriced. Doesnt matter though cuz i am still savin up for one cuz a nicely done none ricer 240=

that and some good tang
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #29
ManoNegra
Guild of Skullduggerous Intent

Trader Rating: (48)
ManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfectionManoNegra is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to ManoNegra
Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
The average 240 is overpriced. Want a cheap one? Go to the ghetto/barrio here in cali! You can still find them for under $1000. The drifting craze that started in about 2001 has jacked up the prices on pretty much everything that is RWD.
True, used to see them for sale every once in a while driving around. Haven't seen many lately though.
ManoNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:34 PM   #30
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
I remember seeing a really old guy driving a clean blue fastback, and I was about to chase the guy down, but I remained prudent for I had a daily driver. Then two months later it was the same situation but it was a old (I mean old) lady driving a red fast back (needed a paint job), but I didnt have the money. Now since I am in need of a car, building my budget, I am going to hunt down any old guy driving a hatch, give him some money and tell him/she to buy a cadilac. Its that or I wait for a deal

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote