Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-16-2006, 03:18 AM   #1
yokotas13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
yokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfectionyokotas13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to yokotas13 Send a message via MSN to yokotas13 Send a message via Yahoo to yokotas13
What do you have zipties holding?

what about everyone else?
yokotas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2006, 03:30 AM   #2
Kn1ves
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Kn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfectionKn1ves is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kn1ves
front lip, no pics
Old 11-16-2006, 04:13 AM   #3
Kaotik25
Zilvia Junkie

Kaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choicesKaotik25 has made poor choices
bottom part of electric radiator fan, battery, part of my zenki lip...i love ziptie..hehehe
Kaotik25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:53 AM   #4
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Various wiring, one of the upper radiator mounts (only temporary), my lower shift boots, fan shroud, air filter (temporary til I fab up a bracket), center console, some will be used on my zenki lip soon... Hell, for a few days, my trunk was held shut with zipties thanks to a broken tack weld on the trunk latch. lol

I <3 zipties. They've saved my ass many times. lol
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:09 AM   #5
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
No pics.

Holding exhaust to trans
front bumper/sides/rear to car
wiring jumble under dash
vacuum lines
air filter in place
boost controller solenoid in place
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:36 AM   #6
drifts135
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
drifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of lightdrifts135 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drifts135
Front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper, various wiring, brake lines, exhaust hangers, that's all I can think of for now.....
drifts135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 07:46 AM   #7
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
armrest on my office chair
Old 11-16-2006, 07:48 AM   #8
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
everything to everything else.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:41 AM   #9
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
used to have the ps reservoir ziptied from the strut tower - now just the little T comin off the drivers side of the valve cover.
smelly240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:49 AM   #10
Nachtmensch
Zilvia Addict

Nachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond reputeNachtmensch has a reputation beyond repute
front bumper to fenders
zenki lip to bumper
intake arm to radiator
fan shroud to intake arm
fenderwell wiring to upper fender
misc other stuff
Nachtmensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:55 AM   #11
speedstar01
Zilvia Junkie

speedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the roughspeedstar01 is a jewel in the rough
hmmm the dustboots to my HKS coils ,random areas in my engine bay to clean things up (esp wiring) the lower section of my front bumper...
speedstar01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 08:55 AM   #12
ladiesman8527
Zilvia Junkie

ladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enoughladiesman8527 will become famous soon enough
vacuum lines
throttle cable (partially)
boost gauge (5 zip-ties making a loop that holds it to the steering column)
various wiring bundled together and held in place
..im sure theres more
ladiesman8527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:13 AM   #13
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Aero, fenders, boost controller.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #14
sultan
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
sultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enoughsultan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i'm using a pair of zipties on that coolant hose under the intake mani, it's been over a year and they are still holding somehow.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:44 AM   #15
initial_drifter
Zilvia Junkie

initial_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightinitial_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightinitial_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightinitial_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightinitial_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightinitial_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightinitial_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightinitial_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightinitial_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightinitial_drifter is a glorious beacon of lightinitial_drifter is a glorious beacon of light
what would we do without zipties....ducktape? nah..

I have my bumper stitched together with em.

No Pics
initial_drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #16
TKfoshori
Leaky Injector

TKfoshori is a well-known jackass
Send a message via AIM to TKfoshori
front bumper
lower part of electric fan
wiring in engine bay
wiring under dash
wiring harness by my speakers
lip
my headlights brackets
exhaust holding up, along with hose clamps
and more i cant remember. zipties are my savior, and sadly ALWAYS the first thing I thing of when something brakes
Old 11-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #17
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Front bumper
Side skirts
Rear Valences
Headlight brackets
Various harnesses
A few major organs (Damn Military Hospitals )
Old 11-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #18
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
among other things on my 3 chassis..

my bicycle!

Old 11-16-2006, 10:08 AM   #19
SwiftS14
Zilvia Junkie

SwiftS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
my lowes front lip to my bumper, vacuum lines, and exhaust to exhaust hangers to add stiffnest.

SwiftS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:12 AM   #20
LB.Motoring
Post Whore!

LB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfectionLB.Motoring is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to LB.Motoring
dont ask..

Old 11-16-2006, 10:15 AM   #21
alemanyS13
Leaky Injector

alemanyS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Both Doors!

JK!

Front lip!!!!
alemanyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:48 AM   #22
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
S13.4: My entire passenger side headlight and marker light.
Tie-rod boots.
one exhaust hanger is held together by 3.
positive battery terminal cover.
airbox.
SMIC is held in completly by zipties.

Fastback:
Entire front bumper is held together by zipties after being ripped into 3 pieces.
all hoses, wires, etc.

Evo:
Front license plate is ziptied to bumper mesh.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 10:53 AM   #23
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
my front bumper, sides. many things it works wonders hahahah lol

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #24
TurbLu
Zilvia Member

TurbLu is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurbLu is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurbLu is making his/her stupidity well-known
Throttle Cable
Radiator
Fan
Intercooler SMIC
Misc other items
TurbLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:44 AM   #25
s13silvia03
Zilvia Addict

Location: PA.....I always thought that dogs...umm...layed eggs, and I learned something today
s13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud ofs13silvia03 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to s13silvia03
Up until about a week ago, my drivers side window was held up with two zipties. My front lip and various wires are being held up as we speak, nothing major.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:45 AM   #26
HalveBlue
Zilvia FREAK!

HalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond reputeHalveBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Front lip.
Front side-bumper.

yay!
HalveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:54 AM   #27
Dousan_PG
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
Dousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfectionDousan_PG is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
nothing really
i stopped that ghetto shit and made it nice
it holds the vacuum linse together to make sure they wont meet mr clutch fan
and the aero for the side skirts
but they arent obvious, only 2 per piece ad in the wheel wells, no 'curb feelers'
holds some electrical up in the interior but nothing obvious.
Dousan_PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #28
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
zip ties as altenator belt can save your ass in emergencys... but eventually the rotational stress becomes too much.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:24 PM   #29
NemeGuero
No more nissan.

Trader Rating: (10)
NemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfectionNemeGuero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to NemeGuero
2.. I repeat 2 zipties hold on my front bumper.. about 10 hold the lip to the bumper..

all kinds of wiring is ziptied to look "neat"

ziptied the spark plug wires away from heat sources

vacuum lines have some..
Old 11-16-2006, 12:33 PM   #30
deadpirate
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
deadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfectiondeadpirate is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to deadpirate Send a message via Yahoo to deadpirate
currently

the front bumper
the koyo radiator
a few hoses and wires
at one point it held the lower radiator hose tightly enuff to hold back a leak for a lil bit
deadpirate is offline   Reply With Quote