Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #751
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Yeeeeah can we not do this to 240s

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2014, 06:57 PM   #752
slower than you
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
slower than you will become famous soon enoughslower than you will become famous soon enoughslower than you will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wow. Great work on the mirror. Looks rad.
slower than you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:41 PM   #753
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
Both of them don't really drive anymore and are selling their cars.
It is curious that the individuals with the terrible cars are always the ones who buy a 240SX because they want to 'get into drifting,' which necessitates making the car as obnoxious and embarrassing as possible, and then a year or two later they decide they are 'done with cars' and try to pawn off another ruined S-chassis on the next drifter bandwagon jumper waiting in line.
The people who build nice cars seem to keep them a lot longer.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:44 PM   #754
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
It is curious that the people with the terrible cars are always the ones who end up buying a 240SX because they want to 'get into drifting,' which apparently includes making the car as embarrassing as possible, and then a year or two later they decide they are 'done with cars' and try to pawn off their ruined car on someone else.
I think part of that is because it takes a LONG time to build a nice car usually. especially on a budget. It takes patience to build a car right, these justaintcare kids have no patience
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #755
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek king View Post
Check again. Those are VSKF bro.
Not sure if serious...
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #756
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Some of the shittiest cars are on ratsun lol
He should delete him self.

fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:44 AM   #757
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Old 10-25-2014, 03:24 AM   #758
danshaz
Zilvia Junkie

danshaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
I think part of that is because it takes a LONG time to build a nice car usually. especially on a budget. It takes patience to build a car right, these justaintcare kids have no patience
that, and the ones who build rad cars usually take pride in them. all these aint care kids just want their 15 minutes.
we should write an open letter to hoonigan and whoever else and link them to these threads and show them what theyve done to the s chassis/drifting scene.
anyways,
cheesy as hell

probably should have just got a new dash.
danshaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:49 AM   #759
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough7evil is a jewel in the rough
Old 10-25-2014, 07:06 AM   #760
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
not seeing whats wrong there^^^^^^...besides it being ricey.
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:39 AM   #761
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchs14 View Post
not seeing whats wrong there^^^^^^...besides it being ricey.
eh 7evil is kinda known for posting strange things in the wrong forums.
I would assume most of the time it's just attention seeking so we usually just ignore it.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:29 AM   #762
hksztss
Zilvia Member

hksztss is an unknown quantity at this point
that purple jap car is clean AF

o-oh god it doesnt have BN and meisters
hksztss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:09 AM   #763
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
That purple S14 shouldn't be in here.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #764
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
It is curious that the individuals with the terrible cars are always the ones who buy a 240SX because they want to 'get into drifting,' which necessitates making the car as obnoxious and embarrassing as possible, and then a year or two later they decide they are 'done with cars' and try to pawn off another ruined S-chassis on the next drifter bandwagon jumper waiting in line.
it always makes me laugh when I see " fresh swap" on Craigslist.... If you don't even want to enjoy the fruits of your labor, why would I think it's a good investment? That or you know it's a piece of shit just waiting to blow or catch fire.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:26 AM   #765
shinhed
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
shinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of lightshinhed is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Local Craigslist find

$2600 on local Craigslist
shinhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #766
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
I would assume most of the time it's just attention seeking so we usually just ignore it.
hahahaha. i was gonna say. that car is completely legit.
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 12:49 PM   #767
7evil
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
Sorry, wrong 3d

Old 10-25-2014, 12:53 PM   #768
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Check out this Skyline...

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/4727600015.html

Only trading for an STi or an Evo. What a deal.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #769
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That skyline looks rad.
Skyline
That skyline
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #770
bmxer882x
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
bmxer882x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviamang View Post
That skyline looks rad.
Skyline
That skyline
ONLY 15k for that gem of a "skyline". I wonder if he realizes you can import them for less
bmxer882x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 10:54 PM   #771
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Fresh from Facebook. Posted today.

.............and this is how i feel.....
Old 10-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #772
EthanR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
EthanR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EthanR

Please let it end. Steel wheels need to die.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:24 AM   #773
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
It took Tom about 3 years to build that car. Everything was done well, the car has no issues at all and is incredibly clean for a track car. He also drives it very very well. I think he just got tired of the local drift scene. The white car is actually Tanner Fousts old car, and was pretty sweet when it had a built S14 Sr. Not so much now with the LS.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:05 AM   #774
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayloray View Post
It took Tom about 3 years to build that car. Everything was done well, the car has no issues at all and is incredibly clean for a track car. He also drives it very very well. I think he just got tired of the local drift scene.
I can never understand this type of thinking. Why leave because something is wrong with the scene? If you buy a car because you like the stage that the scene is in and then bail when the scene changes, then youre a bandwagon rider.

I bought my s14 because i like drifting and because i fell
in love with the way it looked. I cant stand the current drift scene as well, but that doesn't
bother me. I just ignor the losers, the morons that take pride in a sh!tty looking 240, or the owners that will do whatever it takes, like raising their car 4x4 and adding ugly style, just as long as they could win. I just get in my car and enjoy cruising or meeting up with people that share the same ideas. I feel so backstabed when i see people with nice cars
leaving, because they dont like the scene. Just ignore the scene and enjoy the car you built. After all, it took a lot of effort, time and money.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #775
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AFSil80 Send a message via MSN to AFSil80
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
I can never understand this type of thinking. Why leave because something is wrong with the scene? If you buy a car because you like the stage that the scene is in and then bail when the scene changes, then youre a bandwagon rider.

in love with the way it looked. I cant stand the current drift scene as well, but that doesn't
bother me. I just ignor the losers, the morons that take pride in a sh!tty looking 240, or the owners that will do whatever it takes, like raising their car 4x4 and adding ugly style, just as long as they could win. I just get in my car and enjoy cruising or meeting up with people that share the same ideas. I feel so backstabed when i see people with nice cars
leaving, because they dont like the scene. Just ignore the scene and enjoy the car you built. After all, it took a lot of effort, time and money.
As one of these "bandwagon riders" as you call it, I couldn't disagree more.

I loved my 240, the way it looked, and still kinda miss it. However, when I saw the direction the import community was going (stance boys/modern day ricers, instead of performance like the mid 2000s) then I knew it was time to be done with it. I hated being associated with the idiots that flooded the scene, and I ended up having more in common with the modern domestic crowd. Fact is, the import scene peaked in the mid 2000's, and its on a decline. Maybe I didn't find the right circles, who knows. In the end, the local scene is what counts the most. If the import performance shops in your area go out of business because everyone orders their bullshit parts off eBay, then there you have it.

So yeah, sold my 240 a year ago and now I'm building a 60's era muscle car with a pro-touring mindset. Couldn't be happier.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #776
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cash
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFSil80 View Post
As one of these "bandwagon riders" as you call it, I couldn't disagree more.

I loved my 240, the way it looked, and still kinda miss it. However, when I saw the direction the import community was going (stance boys/modern day ricers, instead of performance like the mid 2000s) then I knew it was time to be done with it. I hated being associated with the idiots that flooded the scene, and I ended up having more in common with the modern domestic crowd. Fact is, the import scene peaked in the mid 2000's, and its on a decline. Maybe I didn't find the right circles, who knows. In the end, the local scene is what counts the most. If the import performance shops in your area go out of business because everyone orders their bullshit parts off eBay, then there you have it.

So yeah, sold my 240 a year ago and now I'm building a 60's era muscle car with a pro-touring mindset. Couldn't be happier.
You found me, you lucky duck.
Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:05 PM   #777
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

AFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enoughAFSil80 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash View Post
You found me, you lucky duck.
ATL was the exception. Notice I didn't sell the car until after I moved away.

P/S, come to Tybee with the lady so we can have a beach day with our better halves, haha.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #778
tayloray
Zilvia Addict

tayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura abouttayloray has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post

Let me rephrase. He got out because it got boring.

Although I have distanced myself from certain auto sports/cars due to the type of people. It's like how I don't mind Hondas, and they can be sweet but I would never own one purely because of the scene and the people I would be associating with.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:41 PM   #779
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Don't let crowds or trends dictate what you do.
If no one liked titties I would still play with them.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #780
AFSil80
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Don't let crowds or trends dictate what you do.
If no one liked titties I would still play with them.
When you're employed by a business like I was that relies on the local scene like we did, you have to either follow trends or set them. My employer (at the time) didn't cater to the stance crowd, since 9/10 times they seldom would buy name brand parts, and even if they did, they thought they were getting a deal from eBay instead of buying through a licensed vendor like us, even though it was probably a chinese copy of the real thing. But that's a different argument altogether. We made our money selling turbos and building motors, and when things got slow, we did service work to keep the bills paid.

The point I'm trying to make is that 5-6 years ago, if you didn't have a GReddy front mount, A'PEXi exhaust, and HKS coilovers, you got brushed aside for being a poser. Nowadays, people are told they're wasting their money when they name brand parts, and the people doing most of the talking are those chumps who never had money to buy nice shit in the first place...throw em all in on the internet and the shouting voice of ignorance drowns out the rest of us who made the scene what it was at it's peak.

*drops mic*