Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
joefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Help me price my car, sell whole or part out?

Been looking at the market place and cant really determine what my car would be worth. id appreciate any help, if its not what im after price wise i will be parting the car out. it is pretty built up with all legit parts and i mostly see shitty rep/china parts being sold.

chassis
95 champagne zenki with 215k
2nd owner, i bought this car in 2004
clean title

engine
(under 2k on most parts, fuel equip is under 500miles)
s14 kouki VTC sr20. #4cyl has 0compression. no cylinder damage. the other 3 are healthy. over boosted and melted the #4 piston

engine was rebuilt by ernie fixmer before i installed into my car, i added the following:

nismo engine/trans mount
ACT clutch/lightweight flywheel
apexi metal headgasket
tomei poncams
S15 BB turbo w/ hks actuator
PBM Flex cobra downpipe to BC spec ll exhaust 3+" all the way back
300zx MAF
nismo 740cc, tomei FPR w/ gauge
enthalpy rom tune
blitz SS mesh intake filter
blitz LM intercooler
Koyo aluminum radiator w/ samco hoses/new shroud
custom setrab oil cooler with trust thermostat oil block
lots of other little things im forgetting like waterneck adaptor, wiring specialties harness, new manifold gaskets, etc.

suspension

PBM subframe risers
stance XR coilovers w/ 10/8kg swift springs
KAAZ 2way clutch type diff
spl z32 inner/outer tie rod
spl tension rod
nismo power brace
spl toe rods
spl traction rods
cusco RUCA
cusco front/rear strut braces

brakes

front(less than 50miles on this setup)

evo 9 calipers with DBA rotors, stoptech lines and porterfield race pads or r32 calipers with oem rotors and endless race pads

rear brakes
full z32 rear with working drum ebrake and r33 ebrake cables

Interior

gutted the carpet, sound deadening and removed most from the front seats back but still have rear seats and some of the pieces.
sparco evo on bride FG rail and stock passenger seat.
nardi classic 330 with perforated stitching and momo hub
URAS shifter with tomei knob(badass)
STACK boost, water temp, and oil pressure gauges. mechanical.
brand new radio surround bezel and shift boot.
clean uncracked dashboard

wheels

17x10 fno1r-c +12
235/40 falken azenis under 2k miles.

me and my dad built this car. it is done legit and no shortcuts or cheap/replica partrs are present.

this would be the ideal car for someone who wants a track ready car while doing minimum work to get it running again. under 1k and you have a fast car that was built right.

let me know what you think. thanks.

car currently has fn01r wheels not te37. it has a green passenger side fender but I have 2 white oem fenders in excellent shape, full navan aero and kouki tails.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
No 240.. No id
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (35)
No 240.. No id is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
$3500 - $4000 sounds like a good price.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I think it would be in your best interest to fix the car and then sell it for 6-7k.

I would never part out a 240sx... Think about it, even if you make a little more money than you would selling the car outright, you have to deal with the current generation of 240sx owners who are cheap unintelligent flakes for the most part.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

joefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to beholdjoefresh is a splendid one to behold
dealing with modern day 240 owners does suck but id rather part the car out at the above price points. I spent close to 7k just on the sr20 swap. not to mention the suspension/diff was all bought new. so its a little crazy for me to sell the car for 3k... fortunately i can take it apart and wait for the parts to sell.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
sell it for 6-7k. .
this.

but i mean, if you claim you have the time and patience to part out, you might see a bit more than that. (1-3k)

if that's worth all the time and transactions to you.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

guess ill give this thread the weekend then start taking the car apart.
everything on the car is low low miles. this car was only my DD when it was stock.
had 4sets of coilovers on this chassis.
these stance XR have under 2500 miles on them and retail is over $2200
kaaz 2way was 1k from splparts. have 1200 in the front brake setup alone.
Old 11-28-2014, 05:37 PM   #7
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
in for pics with the navan and fn's
Old 11-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #8
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

never mounted the navan aero. its in the garage. I also have the stock ka and 5spd.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:13 PM   #9
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
I think it would be in your best interest to fix the car and then sell it for 6-7k.

I would never part out a 240sx... Think about it, even if you make a little more money than you would selling the car outright, you have to deal with the current generation of 240sx owners who are cheap unintelligent flakes for the most part.

This is as true as it gets. I can't even sell fucking TE's to the rich FRS kids for $2000. They're practically brand new. Sell all your shit together.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:22 PM   #10
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefresh View Post
guess ill give this thread the weekend then start taking the car apart.
everything on the car is low low miles. this car was only my DD when it was stock.
had 4sets of coilovers on this chassis.
these stance XR have under 2500 miles on them and retail is over $2200
kaaz 2way was 1k from splparts. have 1200 in the front brake setup alone.
If it was done right, how'd you fuck it up in less than 1000 miles? part out the car you and your dad built or fix it and sell it before you fuck it up again. non running as a whole, it's worth 3k to the right buyer... If you find the right buyer. you'll be getting sub 2k offers from everyone else.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:27 PM   #11
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

yea thats true. i just sold some wheels and a power fc for way less than i paid and people still tried to low ball.
i see some cars in the for sale section selling for 6-7k+ and they have cheap shit on them.
i know my sr is blown but cheap/easy fix. (compression is 140-145-145-0) set of forged pistons and bearings. under 1k. just not for me to do it. dont have the heart in it anymore. i have other cars and business to run.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:30 PM   #12
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuma View Post
If it was done right, how'd you fuck it up in less than 1000 miles? part out the car you and your dad built or fix it and sell it before you fuck it up again. non running as a whole, it's worth 3k to the right buyer... If you find the right buyer. you'll be getting sub 2k offers from everyone else.
over boosted the motor. its simple. no cylinder wall damage. obviously not the car for you. thanks.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:34 PM   #13
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
if you don't require money out of this thing immediately, I'd part it.
But unfortunately, I only really see that going one of two ways;

Nothing sells for what you're asking so you price drop until you want to cry.
or,
Nothing sells and you eventually find another clean s14 you can't pass on and start all over.

edit; or maybe toss the KA in it, sell for 3k. Sell SR for 1k. Call it a day.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:36 PM   #14
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

i dont even want a 240 anymore. got a new m3.
i also dont want to just give away practically new high end shit.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #15
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

eh, don't let everyone get you down.
things like brakes, wheels, interior stuff should sell fairly quickly for decent prices.

things you'll have trouble with are the shell, motorset, etc.
i'd just get it back to as stock as possible while removing a lot of big ticket items and sell the car with the running KA in it for 2,5-3. (average chicago price, not sure in cali)
Part everything else.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:43 PM   #16
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

thanks for the info. i was sort of leaning that direction just wanted to feel out the current market since its all over the map.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:44 PM   #17
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Might take a while to sell suspension, wheels, interior (seats, gauges, etc) but I think that'd be your best bet.
Sounds like you have the time and patience and aren't extremely strapped for cash at the moment so just my two cents.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #18
joefresh
Zilvia Junkie

not strapped, not ballin, not a sucka.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #19
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Put interior back in.

Sell car for 6k

part out wheels, coils, brakes, seat, and steering wheel.

Should be able to get about 10k total with a little bit of work.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:34 PM   #20
dluevanos01
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
dluevanos01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
if you don't require money out of this thing immediately, I'd part it.
But unfortunately, I only really see that going one of two ways;

Nothing sells for what you're asking so you price drop until you want to cry.
or,
Nothing sells and you eventually find another clean s14 you can't pass on and start all over.

edit; or maybe toss the KA in it, sell for 3k. Sell SR for 1k. Call it a day.
drop the KA and sell it as a running car. Depending on patience and location you could probably even get around $4.5K. then part out the SR, and rest of the stuff. tax return season is just around the corner so if you wait till then you might get some good offers.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #21
Toomuchboost12
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Toomuchboost12 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:

Stole the words man stole em .... but pretty much just fix it up and sell it for 6.5 or whatever . im loving those TE's btw but dont be so quick to part out with a little work you can get the price your looking for .
Old 12-02-2014, 02:20 PM   #22
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I would put the stock KA engine in it and as much of the interior / stock stuff you can find, every little clip and nut and bolt and then market the car as what it really is, hopefully, a two owner, accident free chassis with clean frame that runs/drives all stock unmodified. Thats rare enough by itself to command a $4400 price tag by itself, especially if that is the original paint and windshield, solid gold.

That way you can sell the big pricey pieces (coilovers, turbo, whatever) separate.

The "problem" selling the car as whole the way it is now is three fold,
1. you have a zenki, so everything in the car is associated with the "zenki" feeling. Its silly but, somebody sees an sr20 in a zenki and its suddenly worth less than the same swap in a kouki.
2. you can't get top dollar for a combination of parts, everybody wants a god @#() discount because they think they are buying a package deal.
3. the car doesn't run. 9/10 times you get twice the money for a running car, even if the engine is just stock, the owner can drive it away and thats a good feeling.

Option B is find a local longblock and take a solid 12 hour day to get it running again. Put the stock HG and turbo on it, stock ecu etc... and make it a stock sr20det car. Still thinking about profit? remove all that fancy suspension and computer stuff and sell it separately. Put all the oem suspension/drivetrain/etc back on the car, even the exhaust. Somebody would pay $6500+ for a zenki with an sr swap regardless of whether it has all that fancy stuff on it or not. And nobody is going to pay more just because it does either.
Old 12-02-2014, 03:02 PM   #23
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post

The "problem" selling the car as whole the way it is now is three fold,
1. you have a zenki, so everything in the car is associated with the "zenki" feeling. Its silly but, somebody sees an sr20 in a zenki and its suddenly worth less than the same swap in a kouki.
Old 12-02-2014, 04:23 PM   #24
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
Yeah well I said it was silly, didn't I? (checks to make sure I said it was silly)

My redtop zenki I could only get 5k for, had it listed for 6k for over a year.

the same engine swapped into a kouki and suddenly its worth 8k, sold it within a month, had five times the interest. And the difference in price between a kouki and zenki is not 3k~
anyhow, if you dont like real life experience, then stick to theoretical nonsense instead. you can't change experience with a facepalm.

and what will really twist your noodle is the same zenki with all kouki front end parts (conversion) still has that zenki rap going for it. Everybody wants a true 97/98 for some reason.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #25
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
And the difference in price between a kouki and zenki is not 3k~
anyhow, if you dont like real life experience, then stick to theoretical nonsense instead. you can't change experience with a facepalm.

and what will really twist your noodle is the same zenki with all kouki front end parts (conversion) still has that zenki rap going for it. Everybody wants a true 97/98 for some reason.
I beg to differ. Kouki's have always been at least that much more than zenki's. Most kouki conversions look like shit because they don't get the correct bumper supports/retainers to make everything fit right.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #26
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I beg to differ. Kouki's have always been at least that much more than zenki's. Most kouki conversions look like shit because they don't get the correct bumper supports/retainers to make everything fit right.
I figure a clean zenki is worth around $3000 all original, great shape.
And a clean kouki is around $4500 all original, great shape.

The other $1500 you refer to on both cars is just "tax" because they are rare. Although I agree, You can find an all original kouki for $10,000 or even $12,000 if you look around. I just sold one for $9000 in fact. Trying to find a low mileage or especially well maintained chassis is absolutely the most important aspect of buying a 240sx.

So it depends, yeah. But my point was just that, if you invest 5k into a zenki, and 5k into a kouki... you will have a much easier time getting it back from the kouki. thats it. Thats it.

Last year I sold a clean stock zenki for 5k come to think of it. 4-lug base model too, that in fact is exactly what sold the car, because it was rare to see base zenki nugget running shell floating around. I would have put a low mileage S15 swap into that nugget shell, complete from side mount to stock exhaust and rock it for ten years, that is the reason I bought it to begin with, at the time I coincidentally also had found an even more rare 240 (since we are on the subject and the subject is rarity applys) such that is every incredibly lucky able to drive a car like that reliably for so long applies, but after I had invested 5k into that car with a swap it would no way fetch 10k. more like 5k. The ratio is even worse for a low mileage kouki. The minute you take out that 47,000 miles KA engine the value has the potential to fall. I laughed and said 240 people are nuts, but the truth is they are very smart. Every 240 owner/appreciator prefers to do the swap themselves, when it happens. And it will happen.

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 12-02-2014 at 08:33 PM..
Old 12-02-2014, 08:33 PM   #27
wurley
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (16)
wurley is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Put the ka back in. While in the process; list your parts up for sale. I might be interested in the coils.. if you wanna give me the hookup lol
Old 12-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #28
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Yeah well I said it was silly, didn't I? (checks to make sure I said it was silly)
I guess I should have explained more.
Didn't mean to facepalm you specifically.
I meant I know exactly what you mean and the facepalm was directed towards that ideology haha.
Not gunna jack this dudes thread anymore than we already have though.

Like I said before, KA. Running/driving. Part everything else.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:22 AM   #29
Akiyo

Trader Rating: (1)
Akiyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bring it to Colorado and our stupid drift tax will jump the price as it sits, from what I gather, 3k to a whopping 6-7k easy! Anything rwd, not to mention 240sx related, is going for ridiculous prices out here.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:53 PM   #30
zenki-217
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
zenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nicezenki-217 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Swap the ka back into it sell off the sr parts and sell the car running driving is your best bet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread