Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:00 AM   #481
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2015, 03:07 AM   #482
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
I'm a sucker for the last m54b25. Basic and flawless. Perfect n/a inline 6.
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:49 AM   #483
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
About done with any mods for this year, next year going a tad bit lower and some slight aero touches. That'll probably be it
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:00 PM   #484
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
About done with any mods for this year, next year going a tad bit lower and some slight aero touches. That'll probably be it
I am actually thinking of putting your m model wheels on my Green E36 4/5 slicktop!

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:32 AM   #485
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I am actually thinking of putting your m model wheels on my Green E36 4/5 slicktop!
Yeh I love the OEM gray finish, plus the wheels themselves are made by BBS. I came up on a local deal on mine. $450 for the set no tires, slight rash
Old 10-24-2015, 05:59 PM   #486
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Yeh I love the OEM gray finish, plus the wheels themselves are made by BBS. I came up on a local deal on mine. $450 for the set no tires, slight rash
Hell ya that's what I am looking for.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:34 PM   #487
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
nevermind...

Last edited by Malik; 10-24-2015 at 09:20 PM..
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 06:53 PM   #488
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I decided the world needs a Modena M-Rain fabric. I'm not sure how to implement it, but it'd be a badass option for people like me who can never quite scratch all the itches.

I've also decided that I need to build an E36 329iS LTW at some point in time. Only things I'd use that weren't BMW would be an aluminum driveshaft, a lightweight flywheel and a LiPoFe battery- I'd use a mix of parts from different years and models to achieve the lowest possible weight with cost no object. Aluminum doors from the LTW/M3 GT, cloth manual sport seats, E30 forged aluminum lower control arms, E38 Style 5s, M3 rear suspension with hollow axles, Euro M3 floating rotors, slick top, fixed rear seats, factory radio delete, etc.

I think it'd be cool.
KA24DESOneThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #489
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
I decided the world needs a Modena M-Rain fabric. I'm not sure how to implement it, but it'd be a badass option for people like me who can never quite scratch all the itches.

I've also decided that I need to build an E36 329iS LTW at some point in time. Only things I'd use that weren't BMW would be an aluminum driveshaft, a lightweight flywheel and a LiPoFe battery- I'd use a mix of parts from different years and models to achieve the lowest possible weight with cost no object. Aluminum doors from the LTW/M3 GT, cloth manual sport seats, E30 forged aluminum lower control arms, E38 Style 5s, M3 rear suspension with hollow axles, Euro M3 floating rotors, slick top, fixed rear seats, factory radio delete, etc.

I think it'd be cool.
Modena m rain dude, I have been thinking Modena M cloth Vaders for my car. Maybe we need to talk to people downtown I the Fashion district for the cloth itself as going to a car upholster is going to cost. There is a car place on Arrow Highway in Irwindale and Nachos in North Hollywood in the car department.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #490
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...-Fabric-Thread

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...Tech-Alcantara
Old 01-28-2016, 12:57 AM   #491
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

He said Modena lol those are just Black and Grey m rain big difference and would not exactly fit our Modena interior scheme.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-28-2016, 01:21 AM   #492
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
He said Modena lol those are just Black and Grey m rain big difference and would not exactly fit our Modena interior scheme.
I know what he said I posted the links bc those guys were able to source and make available reproduction cloth prints

sooooo they might be able to help w ka24s custom modena m rain fabric
Old 01-28-2016, 01:41 AM   #493
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
I know what he said I posted the links bc those guys were able to source and make available reproduction cloth prints

sooooo they might be able to help w ka24s custom modena m rain fabric
Ya that's cool but it looked like you were just linking those to show. If you had prefaced it with these guys might be able to help you, it would have been clearer.

Though like I had already posted LA actually has a pretty big Fashion/Grarment district and we are both in SoCal.
But hey, I get you are trying to help.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-28-2016, 08:32 AM   #494
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq
Ya that's cool but it looked like you were just linking those to show. If you had prefaced it with these guys might be able to help you, it would have been clearer.

Though like I had already posted LA actually has a pretty big Fashion/Grarment district and we are both in SoCal.
But hey, I get you are trying to help.
Relax.....
Old 01-28-2016, 06:31 PM   #495
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
Relax.....
Was never not. Lol it's all good just pointing shit out. Anyways back to our regularly scheduled discussion on things BMW.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 05-01-2016, 07:58 PM   #496
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Lowered the car this weekend. Can't wait to play with the suspension settings once it settles. Hoping to have it dialed in before I hit the Tail of the Dragon later this month.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:49 PM   #497
danielv

danielv is an unknown quantity at this point

Drift e30s?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e30.jpg (204.6 KB, 152 views)
danielv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:25 AM   #498
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Took it down to Nashville, as well as Tail of the Dragon for the weekend. For it's weight and it being NA, it performed really well.

Also got to see these two ripping by. Can't tell if real 400R or not

Old 05-24-2016, 09:28 AM   #499
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
It's real....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 09:40 PM   #500
silviasandbeer
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
silviasandbeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
bump, just bought this. 330i
sometimes i feel ill never be back in a s-chassis lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
I'm not kingtalon crazy, but I have standards
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
What age is appropriate to give your kids the sex talk? Is 3 too soon?
silviasandbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:40 PM   #501
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Quote:
Also got to see these two ripping by. Can't tell if real 400R or not

[img]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
It's real....
Actually, it's not a 400R, but an R33 GT-R LM edition.

edit:

To stay on topic, the only BMW I would consider owning would be an M4...

But even then, fuck BMW.

That is all.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #502
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I bent and cracked one of my NT03s so I had to put the ZCPs back on in the rear.
18/19 stagger, drift car style:

Some track day fun from a while back:

S54 powered E46 wagon I saw at a car meet:
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:37 AM   #503
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
For my fellow E46 owners,

Do you guys have oil consumption problems, if so what've you done to try to fight it. This is the only thing I genuinely hate about my 330ci and it seems to be a common issue.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:10 PM   #504
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
For my fellow E46 owners,

Do you guys have oil consumption problems, if so what've you done to try to fight it. This is the only thing I genuinely hate about my 330ci and it seems to be a common issue.
Most BMW inline 6's eat oil. Welcome to the world of BMW it's just a matter of more or less. It's a known and accepted fact among M owners.
Depending on oil and age it can be as little as half a quart every 1-2k to as much as a quart every 1-1.2k
Most people find different weight oils can have an effect on the less or more as valves jobs help as well.
A lot of guys like running Shell Rotella T6 synthetic 5w-40 for less consumption.
Depending on mileage of the engine though some like running 15w-50 which you cannot get in the Rotella line( heavy duty diesel synthetic).
I currently have Rotella in my M3. I did a complete head gasket valve job about 7k back. So far so good less consumption.
I was also running it in my previous Black M3.
On the track a lot of the racers are running 60w so don't be afraid of expirementing with different weights . Keep in mind though the climate you are doing it in. As a thicker weight oil will need more warm up time before it reaches a flowable lubrication point.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 07-29-2016, 07:39 AM   #505
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Hey guys, last week got into a slight fender bender.

Here is the damage

Was wondering what you guys think of the damage.

Will I need a new fender?

Total cost of repair? I've been quoted from $600-$1000

Also, I ordered a front lip and side splitters so those are going to get installed as well by the shop, so include that in your estimate if you could

Thanks in advance
Old 07-29-2016, 08:23 AM   #506
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Hey guys, last week got into a slight fender bender.

Here is the damage

Was wondering what you guys think of the damage.

Will I need a new fender?

Total cost of repair? I've been quoted from $600-$1000

Also, I ordered a front lip and side splitters so those are going to get installed as well by the shop, so include that in your estimate if you could

Thanks in advance
Ouch, nothing on the forums?
Old 07-29-2016, 10:40 AM   #507
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Ouch, nothing on the forums?
Yeh I'm on E90Post and it's looking like a new fender is needed. Apparently kinks in metal, and body lines don't mix well.

The guy who quoted me $600 said a new fender won't be needed, probably why the price is much lower. Just trying to make sure that the guy who is quoting me on the higher end isn't over-charging me.

Thankfully there's insurance, and once the works done the car will be looking better than before. Besides the scratched up wheels of course.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #508
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Yeh I'm on E90Post and it's looking like a new fender is needed. Apparently kinks in metal, and body lines don't mix well.

The guy who quoted me $600 said a new fender won't be needed, probably why the price is much lower. Just trying to make sure that the guy who is quoting me on the higher end isn't over-charging me.

Thankfully there's insurance, and once the works done the car will be looking better than before. Besides the scratched up wheels of course.
you could get a cheap oem replica fender onrine...
Old 07-29-2016, 11:45 AM   #509
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Do you not have insurance?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 12:05 PM   #510
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Do you not have insurance?
No I do, the checks been cut. Its just I'm trying to maximize the amount of work I can get done with the money given.

If it all works out correctly the lip and splitters will be covered by State Farm as well