Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-02-2015, 02:54 PM   #18511
Sills
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Sills is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im just getting towards the end of my Rb swap and was looking over things. I have a jdm S14 kouki. I noticed two threaded ends poking out of my firewall, right under the abs. Theres so yellowish fluid in them and I cannot figure out what they are for. Idk what side they would be on, on the usdm models. However they are not the heater core ones as I already have that hooked up. Can grab a pic if needed but as we all know thats a bit of a hassle. Ty for any replies.
Sills is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2015, 03:18 PM   #18512
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Usually will depend on your spring rates and personal preference of stiffness.
Not sure if you're google searches local but try Japan search and America search. I haven't read any recently but I promise you someone has reviewed them before.
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #18513
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
Usually will depend on your spring rates and personal preference of stiffness.
Not sure if you're google searches local but try Japan search and America search. I haven't read any recently but I promise you someone has reviewed them before.
I wish I would know Japanese! Google Translate is so fun to read..
I have been thinking about 20K to front and 18K to rear. My dad does have 10K front and back on supra, but it's heavier car. But it needs stiffer springs. What I have heard 326power coilovers handle well even the car would be really low. That's what I'm going for. Not too low that I can drive it in Finland tho.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:26 AM   #18514
NOLAsilvia

NOLAsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Has anyone installed a hpx maf on a rb25 with power fc?
NOLAsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:05 AM   #18515
abcdefg123
Leaky Injector

abcdefg123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Is anything interchangeable between single cam ka and twin cam ka heads?
Maybe springs or retainers?
abcdefg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 11:31 PM   #18516
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
what type of hoses are these on the air intake?
Old 08-04-2015, 06:34 AM   #18517
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaanrel View Post
what type of hoses are these on the air intake?
That's all 'positive' ventilation for your engine. The vacuum pulls air from the crankcase and head so the oil does not cavitate and cause loss of lubrication.
You want to keep those in place, but if you do insist on removing them, be ready to buy new lines and catch cans for most of them. You still need at least one in place to allow internal air that is created to get out though.

alphabet: Many of the parts ARE interchangeable. go to
www.nissanpartsdeal.com and input your year/s for sohc and dohc and you can crosscheck which parts you can swap and those you cannot
Old 08-05-2015, 08:56 PM   #18518
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Anyone here have experience with GP sports G-master pros?

http://www.gpsports.co.jp/sus/pros.html
Old 08-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #18519
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^ ask user hobbs.
he still has a set for sale;
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=608243
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:41 AM   #18520
240Cali
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Cali is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hey guys, trying to see what the best ECU set up would be for what I am going for.. just recently bought a garrett gtx3071r twin scroll with t3 v band housing.. block has forged rods, head is stock at the moment.. bought sum 740cc injectors going with twin scroll full race twin scroll t3 manifold, twin scroll full race downpipe, 38mm tial wastegate..now the question would be should I stay stock throttle body? would AEM be a better option than Power FC ? also have an aem wideband and greddy boost controller laying around Im just hoping I don't miss anything before I put it all on and send to tune
Old 08-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #18521
zfortune
Leaky Injector

zfortune is an unknown quantity at this point
Nevermind...............................

Last edited by zfortune; 08-08-2015 at 10:24 PM..
zfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 12:21 PM   #18522
KA24sleeper
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Has any one tried running the stock 6 spoke rims off a 07-12 sentra? Having a hard time finding a pic. Im seeing how it would look on a hatch
Old 08-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #18523
black'N'proud
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
black'N'proud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I have a s13 sr20set I replaced the oil pump and I'm putting everything back togeher but I'm having trouble getting the crank pulley spacer installed. I have the "slot" on the crank shafted at 12 o' clock as pictured in the fsm and lined up the slot on the spacer but it's not sliding in. Any suggestions, thanks for the help in advance.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:32 AM   #18524
alonroz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (98)
alonroz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 98 reviews
Will a power lock 96 s14 window switch work on a non power lock 96 s14?
alonroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:52 PM   #18525
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by black'N'proud View Post
I have a s13 sr20set I replaced the oil pump and I'm putting everything back togeher but I'm having trouble getting the crank pulley spacer installed. I have the "slot" on the crank shafted at 12 o' clock as pictured in the fsm and lined up the slot on the spacer but it's not sliding in. Any suggestions, thanks for the help in advance.
This was a pain in the ass for me as well, but if I remember correctly, you have to sorta poke the top end of the oil pump cover in the top 2 bolts and then sorta slide the bottom part on,
Its kinda hard to describe without showing you in person,
but the pump will not just slide straight on horizontally
You have to sorta angle it and then it slides right on
I know cuz when I tried tapping it on horizontally for like an hour I almost busted the seals

Don't know if that helps cuz I don't remember very well, but I remember that it wouldn't just slide right on you had to mess with it (angle etc) In a way not said in the fsm
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 12:56 AM   #18526
juhd
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
juhd is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
bought a standard works bell hub for my s13 and was wondering if there is any way to modify it to cancel out the turn signals?
Old 08-11-2015, 07:14 AM   #18527
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Not too familiar with OBD1 platform. Would an S13 (SR20) start without a dash/cluster?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #18528
black'N'proud
Zilvia Member

black'N'proud is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by black'N'proud View Post
I was able to get this mystery solved so I'll share the solution to any other noobs like myself that run into this issue. After setting the timing chain in its correct position I would suggest to zip tie the chain somewhere that prevents it from falling off the crank gear, I chose to tie it to the power steering reservior. Then I installed the oil pump, using vice grip I maneuvered the crank around then lined up the slots on the crank and spacer to slip it on. Well that's the secret. The fsm doesn't decribe this process in the timing chain section so hopefully this helps someone.
Old 08-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #18529
red_240
Leaky Injector

red_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm new to body repair and I am wondering if it is even possible to get this looking new again. What exactly would be done to fix this? Anyone have any idea what this would cost?

I slapped some rock star stickers over the parts where paint chipped off to try and prevent rust. I hammered it back out with a piece of wood but it looks pretty terrible and there is a gap between the tail light and rear quarter. I will get some more detailed pictures up tonight.

red_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:32 PM   #18530
DespiseYou
Leaky Injector

DespiseYou is an unknown quantity at this point
Anybody know what kind of rubber grommets I need to get for my HIDs to fit onto my brick headlights?
DespiseYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:26 AM   #18531
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_240 View Post
I'm new to body repair and I am wondering if it is even possible to get this looking new again. What exactly would be done to fix this? Anyone have any idea what this would cost?

I slapped some rock star stickers over the parts where paint chipped off to try and prevent rust. I hammered it back out with a piece of wood but it looks pretty terrible and there is a gap between the tail light and rear quarter. I will get some more detailed pictures up tonight.

Look for a competent small body shop where you are at, not one of the big chains. They should be able to fix that for around $800 - $1200. Open your trunk, pull the liner down, then you can see what went on on the inside. Stickers won't fix that!
Old 08-17-2015, 02:39 PM   #18532
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Anyone know of an adapter fitting for the OEM FPR to work on Top Feed fuel rails?

JGY has one that says it should work, I just need the fitting though.

http://jgy.cc/240sx/fuel.htm

Quote:
JGY Fuel Rail - Available for SR or KA. Allows use of top-feed injectors. Available with stock fuel pressure regulator fitting or without. Revised SR20 Fuel Rail now fits GREDDY/TopSpeed Intake Manifolds!
We can make the fuel rail fit the standard MSD top feed injectors or the smaller JDM style top feed injectors, just specify when ordering: $139
Old 08-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #18533
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
just curious, why are you still running an OE FPR? especially if youre going top feed injectors?

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:51 PM   #18534
ShakotanGazelle
Zilvia Junkie

ShakotanGazelle is an unknown quantity at this point
n00b question but, my vertex horn button wont fit in my splash hub.
dont really want to file down the plastic on the button. whats the trick?
ShakotanGazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:20 PM   #18535
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
How to get your brake lights to come on while the handbrake is engaged but obviously not while the car is off?
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #18536
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
How to get your brake lights to come on while the handbrake is engaged but obviously not while the car is off?
You could theoretically wire the handbrake switch wire to the brake light switch... Youll need to figure out which wires
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:17 AM   #18537
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
just curious, why are you still running an OE FPR? especially if youre going top feed injectors?
No reason to upgrade, the OEM should perform for my power goals ( <350WHP)
Old 08-18-2015, 09:43 AM   #18538
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
No reason to upgrade, the OEM should perform for my power goals ( <350WHP)
i would highly suggest you change it out for a unit with a gauge. anytime you upgrade the fuel pump on the 240, the FPR pretty much becomes worthless as your fuel pressure usually jumps beyond factory and causes rich conditions. if you upgrade to a walbro, you wind up with around 58psi of fuel pressure on an SR (OE is around 37-38 i beleve, i run 45 on mine).

with <350whp, you will want around 45-50psi of properly adjusted fuel pressure to bring down injector duty cycle (depending on the size of the injectors). the OE FPR is not the way to go to do this. its old and unreliable for tuning applications. upgrade yourself to a Tomei or Aeromotive unit.

theres a reason OE bungs arent used on aftermarket rails

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #18539
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
^5 years at 350+whp with stock fpr. No issues at all...

With an aftermarket rail, yeah, don't run the stock one. but the stock one works just fine.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:21 PM   #18540
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
what the best way to fix small dents on a car??