Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-18-2016, 11:16 AM   #19621
LKing

Trader Rating: (0)
LKing is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I searched but cant get a definite answer. RB20 wont rev pas 4500. It has a Z32 MAF with a SAFC. I haven't got started with the tuning yet but I thought I would be able to at least rev it to 8000 rpm. Would it be because I haven't tuned it yet or because I don't have my speed sensor hooked up (what some people are saying on the internet).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTenFour View Post
I hate to be the guy who says "I've searched but I couldn't find the answer!" But I've only found limited information regarding the question I have. I have an S13, which I'm planning on installing a fixed bucket seat in. I'm considering the Buddy Club P1 seat. I'm 6'02", 205lbs and have a 34 waist. I'm fairly certain I'll only fit in the wide version. Is there anyone who is my size that fits in this seat? Before you tell me to buy a Bride for $1,000, yes I have the money, but I'd rather spend it on tires or other upgrades. Thank you for the assistance!
I think you would hate fitting in those seats. I have a bucket seat with a maximum waist recommended of 34". Have a friend who is 6'0 170lbs and does not find the seats comfortable but he fits decent in them.
LKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2016, 12:19 PM   #19622
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Its 160k miles old KA24DE, Im going to try pulling the distributor wires tmrw individually and see the response. The shake is ever so slight though and it can only be felt
I dont think thatll help you very much. Check your fuel pressure, Get your injectors flow tested.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 12:21 PM   #19623
zombiewolf513
BANNED

zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKing View Post
I searched but cant get a definite answer. RB20 wont rev pas 4500. It has a Z32 MAF with a SAFC. I haven't got started with the tuning yet but I thought I would be able to at least rev it to 8000 rpm. Would it be because I haven't tuned it yet or because I don't have my speed sensor hooked up (what some people are saying on the internet).
Fix what you know is wrong before trying to troubleshoot. Get a tune for your exact setup.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:50 PM   #19624
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Fix what you know is wrong before trying to troubleshoot. Get a tune for your exact setup.

No one is going to tune him if he's engine is not running correctly.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 03:35 PM   #19625
KWASx408

Trader Rating: (2)
KWASx408 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I am running a series 2 rb20 in my 95 s14. The harness that came with the swap was garbage so I went with a full wiring specialties harness. Now my maf connectors wont match up. Does anyone have a picture of a series 2 maf or connector so I can compare it to my maf? According to WS it is suppose to take series 2 so I am stumped. Thanks for any input
KWASx408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #19626
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
No one is going to tune him if he's engine is not running correctly.
As I stated, he'll get nothing troubleshot if he doesnt fix what he knows is wrong either
Old 04-19-2016, 04:59 AM   #19627
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTenFour View Post
I hate to be the guy who says "I've searched but I couldn't find the answer!" But I've only found limited information regarding the question I have. I have an S13, which I'm planning on installing a fixed bucket seat in. I'm considering the Buddy Club P1 seat. I'm 6'02", 205lbs and have a 34 waist. I'm fairly certain I'll only fit in the wide version. Is there anyone who is my size that fits in this seat? Before you tell me to buy a Bride for $1,000, yes I have the money, but I'd rather spend it on tires or other upgrades. Thank you for the assistance!
You will need the wide seat if you get a hard bucket. I am 5-10, 193, 37 waist. Corbeau says get wide. Those 'normal' size seats are made for smaller sized people. A friend is a little thinner than me and he has one of those buckets and he barely fits in it
Old 04-19-2016, 06:34 AM   #19628
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah 6'2 over 200lbs you're going to need a bigger seat. Why not take a look at something like the Sparco Evo II or III
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:17 AM   #19629
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Also note that for any of the wide seats, the nagisa/nams/bride/buddy club side mount rails + sliders don't work. You'll either need to start with a planted bracket and modify to make it work, or scratch-build a seat rail.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:17 PM   #19630
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
AnonymousBlackX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ok so I picked up a 90 240sx and it has a swaped 92 ka24de. that being said when I got the car it looks like this,...

so I saw the radiator and it was full of rust so I picked one up for 5 bucks locally.... I don't even know where to start.
How and what do I need to do to start working on this I'm overwhelmed because the guy said he did the wiring to everything himself.... so I'm thinking new battery and harness?
that being said are all ka24de harnesses the same?

thanks in advance
Old 04-20-2016, 06:24 AM   #19631
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousBlackX View Post

so I saw the radiator and it was full of rust so I picked one up for 5 bucks locally.... I don't even know where to start.

Maybe wash it? And I"m pretty sure that blanket doesn't need to be there haha.

Seriously though, check for any loose wiring, especially by the plug coming out of the ecu, and by the two big plugs near the battery. There is stuff online you can look at to see if it was wired correctly,if you so desire . Oil change, new battery, remove thermostat-put pressure washer in the hole-flush the coolant passages-new thermostat, and then see if she"ll run. Maybe blow out the air filter and get some new plugs?
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:42 AM   #19632
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Maybe wash it? And I"m pretty sure that blanket doesn't need to be there haha.

Seriously though, check for any loose wiring, especially by the plug coming out of the ecu, and by the two big plugs near the battery. There is stuff online you can look at to see if it was wired correctly,if you so desire . Oil change, new battery, remove thermostat-put pressure washer in the hole-flush the coolant passages-new thermostat, and then see if she"ll run. Maybe blow out the air filter and get some new plugs?
https://youtu.be/1TDcyADUdC8

I have done this so far, ok I will look into a thermostat and there is currently no air filter....
Old 04-20-2016, 07:30 AM   #19633
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Do OEM Navan side skirts butt up against the pinch rail?
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:36 PM   #19634
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Quote:
How and what do I need to do to start working on this I'm overwhelmed because the guy said he did the wiring to everything himself.... so I'm thinking new battery and harness?
that being said are all ka24de harnesses the same?

thanks in advance
oh yeah forgot a detail or 2 lol it has been sitting for over 3 years what do yall think I should replace?(aka parts that are obviously bad due to lack of maintenance) I am going to take pics of the engine bay and see I if you guys can tell me if I missing crucial parts?
Old 04-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #19635
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
oh yeah forgot a detail or 2 lol it has been sitting for over 3 years what do yall think I should replace?(aka parts that are obviously bad due to lack of maintenance) I am going to take pics of the engine bay and see I if you guys can tell me if I missing crucial parts?
Flush the fuel system and clean the tank! new fuel filter etc.

I have fixed up one that was sitting for 10 years ( I still have it's 2003 jiffy lube sticker on my window haha), so 3 ain't that bad

Fuel jellies after a while, and cleaning the tank offers a sense of well being fuel system wise.

I always paint the tanks (black) after I drop them too, because I think it will make em last longer.

Replace the fuel hoses too, as they get cracked.
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #19636
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Here's a quick question-

I need a boost controller ASAP, I have a crappy Turbo XS manual controller but need something better. The tuner that is going to tune my car suggests using the Greddy Profec B spec II because it has hi/low/off settings. I have an APEXi PFC L-Jetro so I was thinking of using the APEXi boost controller made for it. Cost IS an issue...

What do you guys think??
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 08:34 PM   #19637
gryphon

gryphon is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone run into a problem like this before?

I had the head resurfaced by a machine shop and used a brand new set of arp studs with a new cometic headgasket. Ran it fine then noticed some smoke off the exhaust manifold and found this. Compression was 170 across all pistons.

Any ideas?
gryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 12:42 AM   #19638
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post
Here's a quick question-

I need a boost controller ASAP, I have a crappy Turbo XS manual controller but need something better. The tuner that is going to tune my car suggests using the Greddy Profec B spec II because it has hi/low/off settings. I have an APEXi PFC L-Jetro so I was thinking of using the APEXi boost controller made for it. Cost IS an issue...

What do you guys think??
I personally like having the ECU performing boost control, it's what I do with my Haltech. The system operates more efficiently and more simple.

However, a quick look on FRSport shows the A'PEXi boost control kit is $380! Completely outrageous for a $50 solenoid and the few other parts. The Profec B is $420, which you could probably find used easily and for much less, and would have some resale value, whereas I don't think you'd get as much from the A'PEXi.

It also comes down to what your tuner prefers. Whatever he has more experience with will result in the better boost curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon View Post

I had the head resurfaced by a machine shop and used a brand new set of arp studs with a new cometic headgasket. Ran it fine then noticed some smoke off the exhaust manifold and found this. Compression was 170 across all pistons.

Any ideas?
Did you have the block resurfaced as well? The problem with metal headgaskets is that they require perfectly flat mating surfaces to seal correctly, otherwise they leak. You can try tightening the studs again up spec and see if that helps.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #19639
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gryphon View Post

Any ideas?
I've read around on these type of issues and a lot of it points towards leaking exhaust valve guides.
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 09:23 AM   #19640
ryandriftingfat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
ryandriftingfat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
If it were me, I'd just connect them together.
Sure, introduce a rubber hose failure point.
ryandriftingfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:25 AM   #19641
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Do you have to use rb20 bellhousing to connect to ka tranny or can i get away with using the ka bellhousing
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 12:05 PM   #19642
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared420sx View Post
Do you have to use rb20 bellhousing to connect to ka tranny or can i get away with using the ka bellhousing
If you're putting an RB20 tranny on a KA, then yes you will need to use the KA bell housing. The bell housings themselves are all dependent on the motor, so you have to match bell housings to motors. The SR/KA/CA/RB20/RB25 tranny portions are all the same bolt pattern and are all fairly close in gear ratios

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #19643
sentradude
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
sentradude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Will p10 (Infiniti) ground control kit work on 240sx. Why or why not?
sentradude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 08:03 PM   #19644
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentradude View Post
Will p10 (Infiniti) ground control kit work on 240sx. Why or why not?
2 different cars, 2 different spring sizes and lengths...

Old 04-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #19645
sentradude
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
2 different cars, 2 different spring sizes and lengths...
Seller is selling a set of 5" 400lb and 7"300lb - 2.5" diameter . Those should work right? What else would be different ?
Old 04-22-2016, 08:30 PM   #19646
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentradude View Post
Seller is selling a set of 5" 400lb and 7"300lb - 2.5" diameter . Those should work right? What else would be different ?
oh good lord man, just buy a set of ebay coilovers! it sounds like youre trying to save a buck, so just save a buck and buy some throw away coilovers that will at least work better than some random ass springs.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:43 PM   #19647
sentradude
Zilvia Addict

lol, they are not random ass springs, they are ground control 5" and 7" springs I'm not sure what the problem is with doing research on what parts cross over rather than paying $429 for a set if I can pick them up for $100?

NM, I think I found the answer I was looking for which is yes you can use any spring as long as the length and diameter is correct. Now how is that random ass?
Old 04-22-2016, 09:26 PM   #19648
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Damn Dorki can't catch a break....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 11:22 PM   #19649
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWGarage View Post
Damn Dorki can't catch a break....
Damn raw, why u giving me hell all the time?

Old 04-23-2016, 05:58 PM   #19650
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What would cause a high idle (1500-2k KA24DE) after the car is fully warmed up? I unplugged the IACV and the idle dropped down
and I was able to adjust it to around 900-1k... left it un plugged and Drove around for a bit then it slowly creepped up to 1200~?

I did a voltage test on my TPS and it was reading 2.4v closed? shouldn't that be .45v closed and slowly up to 4.5v? I didn't test the TPS
un plugged.

Bad TPS? IACV? put new CTS sensor on it.
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote