Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-25-2016, 01:31 PM   #19231
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi802 View Post
When using a z32 BMC, if i plan on using ss braided lines with banjo fittings, as opposed to the stock hardlines, will i still need the 3rd fitting?
Depends on if you have ABS or not. If ABS, only need 2 fittings. If no ABS, you'll still need the 3rd fitting.

W/o ABS it goes FR, FL, and Rear.
W/ ABS it goes Front, Rear to ABS pump, then FR, FL and Rear
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2016, 01:37 PM   #19232
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Depends on if you have ABS or not. If ABS, only need 2 fittings. If no ABS, you'll still need the 3rd fitting.
I think he's talking about the flare fitting inside the master that sometimes needs to be added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousBlackX View Post
best route for 5 lug??
I'm assuming for an S13? I would use S14 rear hubs and quality conversion front hubs like Attain or Ichiba. Using S14 stuff for the front is too much hassle, you have to swap the entire spindle, ball-joint and drill out the S13 strut.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:08 PM   #19233
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
I think he's talking about the flare fitting inside the master that sometimes needs to be added.
Yeah, he was wondering if he needed the third fitting. He does, if his car doesn't have ABS.

Using ss lines is irrelevant.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:26 PM   #19234
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
I thought he meant something like this.

Old 02-25-2016, 02:31 PM   #19235
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Oh, I see now. Sorry, you're right. The washers create the seal, no internal fitting needed.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:59 AM   #19236
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
As anyone ever got close to 300whp with the stock MAF on an SR20?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:34 AM   #19237
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
As anyone ever got close to 300whp with the stock MAF on an SR20?
stock MAF cannot handle the load. OE injectors + OE MAF will take ABOUT 250-260 crank HP then start to crap out (meaning, youll be far past the efficiency range of the injectors and MAF and they wont be able to supply enough fuel or timing to the motor and youll lean out).

with an S15 GT28 at 12psi (hks wastegate) with a walbro, P2M fuel rail, Aeromotive -6an FPR, stock ECU and stock injectors i hit 102% duty cycle around 6000rpms which isnt good. you really dont want to be much above 75%-80% duty cycle with your injectors at that high of RPMs. the stock MAF is also very restrictive with its 2" inlet hole (why you get such an annoying high pitch sucking noise thru your air filter).

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #19238
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
stock MAF cannot handle the load. OE injectors + OE MAF will take ABOUT 250-260 crank HP then start to crap out (meaning, youll be far past the efficiency range of the injectors and MAF and they wont be able to supply enough fuel or timing to the motor and youll lean out).

with an S15 GT28 at 12psi (hks wastegate) with a walbro, P2M fuel rail, Aeromotive -6an FPR, stock ECU and stock injectors i hit 102% duty cycle around 6000rpms which isnt good. you really dont want to be much above 75%-80% duty cycle with your injectors at that high of RPMs. the stock MAF is also very restrictive with its 2" inlet hole (why you get such an annoying high pitch sucking noise thru your air filter).
The notchtop SR20 240sx I bought allegedly has 550cc injectors (they are yellow anyhow) and what appears to be an HKS GT2530 turbo with an AEM fuel pump. It runs on the stock ECM with a Nistune daughterbord.

The only thing it's missing really is the Z32 MAF, hence my question.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:05 PM   #19239
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
The notchtop SR20 240sx I bought allegedly has 550cc injectors (they are yellow anyhow) and what appears to be an HKS GT2530 turbo with an AEM fuel pump. It runs on the stock ECM with a Nistune daughterbord.

The only thing it's missing really is the Z32 MAF, hence my question.
then go buy a Z32 MAF lol theyre not hard to find... infact enjuku has their own for sale on the front page of the site... also you can use J30 and Q45 MAFs i believe... however, once you get the MAF, i would HIGHLY recommend you have the NISTune retuned as the parameters of the MAF will have a changed and throw the tune out of whack.

Old 02-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #19240
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
then go buy a Z32 MAF lol theyre not hard to find... infact enjuku has their own for sale on the front page of the site... also you can use J30 and Q45 MAFs i believe... however, once you get the MAF, i would HIGHLY recommend you have the NISTune retuned as the parameters of the MAF will have a changed and throw the tune out of whack.
lol the problem is obviously not the 1st part, it's the second one. I don't know of a Nistune shop around me and a simple 'retune' would probably be in the hundreds of dollars just for a MAF (on top of the MAF itself).

I'm still baffled why it wasn't done along with the injectors though.

I guess I could buy a single license and retune it myself but that's also 200 for the licence and another 100 for the consult cable.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #19241
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
lol the problem is obviously not the 1st part, it's the second one. I don't know of a Nistune shop around me and a simple 'retune' would probably be in the hundreds of dollars just for a MAF (on top of the MAF itself).

I'm still baffled why it wasn't done along with the injectors though.

I guess I could buy a single license and retune it myself but that's also 200 for the licence and another 100 for the consult cable.
Look at it as it being cheaper than pistons when you melt them from running lean haha, it helps justify it.
Old 02-26-2016, 12:57 PM   #19242
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Look at it as it being cheaper than pistons when you melt them from running lean haha, it helps justify it.
That's what the wideband is for, reguardless of what MAF I'm running. The turbo is setup to run on spring pressure (~10psi I believe) and I think I'll just run that for now. Previous owner said around 260whp.

I was just curious at around what hp does the stock MAF max out at (runs out of voltage).
Old 02-26-2016, 02:57 PM   #19243
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
That's what the wideband is for, reguardless of what MAF I'm running. The turbo is setup to run on spring pressure (~10psi I believe) and I think I'll just run that for now. Previous owner said around 260whp.

I was just curious at around what hp does the stock MAF max out at (runs out of voltage).
not hating when i say this, but if youre worried about spending $300-$400 to get a MAF and get your car tuned right then you probably should be building a car to the magnitude of what its being built to now... just saying.

if you wanna play with the big boys and have big boy toys, youre gonna have to shell out big boy monies.

buy a copy of NISTune (and consult cable which i believe it comes with) if thats the stand alone youre going to stay with. have a shop dyno tune THEN street tune the car for proper operation. dont cheap out man, do the shit right!

Old 02-26-2016, 03:36 PM   #19244
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

If you keep the turbo at 10 psi you'll be fine. If the ECU is tuned for 550s, the limiting factor will be the MAF once it cannot read any further. I'm betting you can even run 12-14 psi before the MAF maxes out. Just do some more research about the stock MAF and keep your eye on the wideband.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:01 PM   #19245
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

AnonymousBlackX is an unknown quantity at this point
i believe the nistune is easy to adjust the maf just select the new one from the drop down and it will work with the new maf....... don't quote me on it though
Old 02-26-2016, 04:05 PM   #19246
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
not hating when i say this, but if youre worried about spending $300-$400 to get a MAF and get your car tuned right then you probably should be building a car to the magnitude of what its being built to now... just saying.

if you wanna play with the big boys and have big boy toys, youre gonna have to shell out big boy monies.

buy a copy of NISTune (and consult cable which i believe it comes with) if thats the stand alone youre going to stay with. have a shop dyno tune THEN street tune the car for proper operation. dont cheap out man, do the shit right!
No offense taken. But this isn't my 1st tango with turbo cars either. For one I don't think a disco potato with injectors and a MAF at 300whp is exactly 'playing with the big boys' either. Plus the car is already tuned for the current setup. I was just wondering what the stock MAF would max out at.

And let's clear out something, when you max out a MAF while adjusting boost (sensibly), your car doesn't just spontaneously combust. The ECU simply uses the last column in its VQ table and it may or may not deliver enough fuel. As I said earlier, that's where the wideband comes in and you make adjustments accordingly. Heck that's how people set SAFCs and other piggibacks.

Funny enough, nistune seems to rate the SR20 MAF at '330hp', whatever that means. This might be enough to touch 300.
http://nistune.com/docs/Nistune%20MA...ch%20Notes.pdf
Old 02-26-2016, 04:58 PM   #19247
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

i honestly wouldnt push the stock MAF much past what the OE injectors can support. its WAY too restrictive with its tiny inlet port design. your tune on a stock MAF is going to be riddled with problems (especially with a disco potato) seeing as you have a major bottle neck with the air coming into the turbo itself.

i think i picked my Z32 MAF up at a local junkyard for like $30 a few years back. J30/Z32 NA/Z32 TT are pretty much all the same in what kind of power they support (i think the J30/Z32 MAF supports around 400hp) so youre good no matter which direction you go with them.

throw that stock SR/KAe MAF in the garbage

Old 02-26-2016, 06:43 PM   #19248
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
Speaking of MAFs, went to start my car a couple days go and it was not running right. Not responding to throttle very well and would choke for a second if I tried to move and blah.

So I look down at the ghetto little AFC neo and notice it has no airflow signal. Just reads 0. So somehow the MAF isn't talking to it. Traced wires, everything looks fine. No blown fuses.

Do MAFs just shit out like that or am I missing something?
Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 06:45 PM   #19249
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
i honestly wouldnt push the stock MAF much past what the OE injectors can support. its WAY too restrictive with its tiny inlet port design. your tune on a stock MAF is going to be riddled with problems (especially with a disco potato) seeing as you have a major bottle neck with the air coming into the turbo itself.

i think i picked my Z32 MAF up at a local junkyard for like $30 a few years back. J30/Z32 NA/Z32 TT are pretty much all the same in what kind of power they support (i think the J30/Z32 MAF supports around 400hp) so youre good no matter which direction you go with them.

throw that stock SR/KAe MAF in the garbage
hahaha I love learning about tuning so chances are good that I'll put my hands on that nistune software.
Old 02-26-2016, 08:37 PM   #19250
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbberish View Post
Do MAFs just shit out like that or am I missing something?

check the pins in your MAF plug... also, try cleaning your MAF

Old 02-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #19251
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm tarded, accidentally switched the sensor type while I was scrolling through menus on the neo and didn't notice. Was too busy staring at the wideband like wtf to notice the units were different.
Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:28 PM   #19252
partytron69000
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
partytron69000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I feel like a dumbass for having to ask this. How is the long side of the convertible boot cover supposed to stay secure without flying up with the wind? The snaps on the corners are intact, but the middle section doesn't seem to have any way of securing to the back seat. Anyone?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 02-29-2016, 05:40 AM   #19253
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by partytron69000 View Post
I feel like a dumbass for having to ask this. How is the long side of the convertible boot cover supposed to stay secure without flying up with the wind? The snaps on the corners are intact, but the middle section doesn't seem to have any way of securing to the back seat. Anyone?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Are you missing the front retainer like many other verts?

http://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts...iagram=985_L01
Old 03-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #19254
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
AEM wideband users:

Anyone have issues with ZERO voltage for the output signal wire off the gauge?

AEM wants me to send gauge in (50$ + repair fee). May as well buy a new damn kit!

I need wideband fuel control with my AEM ECU. Gauge works properly, and fluctuates with fuel changes. New sensor and new sensor harness. Gauge and power harness came with car.

Any reason why the gauge isn't outputting a voltage signal? Internal gauge wiring issue?
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 10:08 AM   #19255
Hazard240
Zilvia Member

Hazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymore
What Sideskirts are these? I PM'd the owner, but he hasn't gotten back to me. Gracer?? Thanks.

Last edited by Hazard240; 02-18-2019 at 09:53 PM..
Hazard240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #19256
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
AEM wideband users:

AEM wants me to send gauge in (50$ + repair fee). May as well buy a new damn kit!

I need wideband fuel control with my AEM ECU. Gauge works properly, and fluctuates with fuel changes. New sensor and new sensor harness. Gauge and power harness came with car.

Any reason why the gauge isn't outputting a voltage signal? Internal gauge wiring issue?
How are you testing this? Do you have it connected to the ECU and using the software to view the AFR reading?

Are you using the right output wire? There are two that come from the wideband controller: blue and white. You should be using the white one (0-5V).
Old 03-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #19257
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
How are you testing this? Do you have it connected to the ECU and using the software to view the AFR reading?

Are you using the right output wire? There are two that come from the wideband controller: blue and white. You should be using the white one (0-5V).
I am testing with a DVOM @ the pigtail of the gauge, just stripped back a little insulation.

I am using the white wire, not the blue.

White wire to the only O2 input on SR20 ECU.
Black wire grounded thru sensor grounds.
Red wire on switched 12v from fuse box.
Blue wire is unused.

Continuity checks out in all aspects.

ECU is connected, I see 0v and 10.0 AFR for wideband #1 in software

Gauge goes to 14.7 when sensor gets unplugged (like its suppose to), ECU reading or voltage doesn't change.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 06:05 PM   #19258
Quadrunnerjake

Quadrunnerjake is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know the specs on the tension rod bracket fasteners? Looks like 2 bolts and a nut for each side. Took a gander under my car the other day and found that there were both bolts and the nut that goes on the stud are missing on both tension rod brackets... Like wtf how haven't I died? Also I noticed that one of the bolt holes didn't quite line up perfectly on one of the sides... Kinda scared the front end of the car might be tweaked...
Quadrunnerjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 08:53 AM   #19259
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
AEM wideband users:

Test the pin direct on the back of the gauge to rule out the pigtail.

Last edited by Crazyced; 03-02-2016 at 12:48 PM..
Old 03-02-2016, 12:16 PM   #19260
Javi802
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
Javi802 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Does anybody on here have experience rebuilding brake master cylinders? Ive found threads on other sites, but wanted people on here to chime in.

Specifically z32 bmc. I ask because i pulled one from a z32 about 2 years ago and its been sitting in storage. Wondering if i should rebuild it, or just take the chance and installing it.
Javi802 is offline   Reply With Quote