Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #19321
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Do I need to get a Aftermarket Fuel Regulator if I have a SAFC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2016, 10:31 AM   #19322
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
Do I need to get a Aftermarket Fuel Regulator if I have a SAFC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no, if you get an adjustable FPR with a gauge it will allow you to set proper fuel pressure... SAFCs are a waste of money. like i said, if you want to go with something that will allow for better tuning of the motor and youre on a budget, $400-$450 gets you a NISTune setup. you will need to pay to have your car tuned properly with it, but it will be a huge help when you decide to go with larger injectors, a bigger turbo and a Z32 MAF after you get tired of that baby dick stock T25

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #19323
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
in my 15 years of building these cars ive never heard of anyone floating a rocker arm on a stock SR pushing a stock turbo. before i forget, 12psi on a redtop IS stock boost, not 7 (7 is factory wastegate pressure). because youre not running the factory boost pressure solenoid, you boost pressure drops back to 7 by default based on the wastegate.

the thing about running an adjustable FPR is that youre running around 55-60psi in base fuel pressure right now because of your walbro. if you get an adjustable unit with a gauge, you can turn it back down to 37.5 psi which is proper base pressure. you should notice a difference in gas mileage this way.

dont bother with a SAFC, you REALLY dont need one for what little you have done to the car. if you want to go the stand alone route on a budget, pick up NISTune for your car and have it tuned. also, the consult cable that it comes with is a HUGE life saver when it comes to diagnosing anything wrong with the SR! if you wanna go a better and more expensive route, a PowerFC Djetro or AEM stand alone is recommended.
I see what you're talking about now about the adjustable FPR. I'll definitely pick-up a Tomei one since I'll be ordering a few Tomei parts next week. As for the FPR, would the Tomei Type-S be more than enough to control up to 350hp (which is my goal).

On another note, when I plan to get a larger turbo and injectors, I plan on getting a JWT. I want a Power FC L/D-Jetro but I'll need to save a little more.

As for gas mileage, I haven't really noticed a difference because I was able to drive from San Diego to Grange Motor Circuit with a quarter tank (round trip I guess half but had to tow it back).

Thanks man!
Old 03-09-2016, 10:46 AM   #19324
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
The stock fpr keeps the fuel pressure stock.

You don't have to upgrade it just because you put in a walbro.
e1_griego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:52 AM   #19325
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by e1_griego View Post
The stock fpr keeps the fuel pressure stock.

You don't have to upgrade it just because you put in a walbro.
incorrect... due to the walbro being a high pressure fuel pump, it will actually raise the fuel pressure on an OE FPR. depending on what kind of condition the OE FPR is in, fuel pressure will raise to 50-60psi base after install of a walbro which will cause the OE injectors to wear out after extended use just due to age.

Old 03-09-2016, 11:56 AM   #19326
e1_griego
Post Whore!

e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Guess my car should have blown up years ago, then.

And should be at about 10:1 at idle.
Old 03-09-2016, 12:00 PM   #19327
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
I see what you're talking about now about the adjustable FPR. I'll definitely pick-up a Tomei one since I'll be ordering a few Tomei parts next week. As for the FPR, would the Tomei Type-S be more than enough to control up to 350hp (which is my goal).

On another note, when I plan to get a larger turbo and injectors, I plan on getting a JWT. I want a Power FC L/D-Jetro but I'll need to save a little more.

As for gas mileage, I haven't really noticed a difference because I was able to drive from San Diego to Grange Motor Circuit with a quarter tank (round trip I guess half but had to tow it back).

Thanks man!
the tomei S SHOULD be good to around 400-450hp i believe. i would actually recommend using an aeromovtive A1000-6. ive been using one of these for the past 9 years and ive seen them used in builds that were pushing past 700hp! youll need to get nipple adapters to run standard high pressure fuel injector hose if you dont want to get into running AN fittings and such.

Old 03-09-2016, 12:02 PM   #19328
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
Guess my car should have blown up years ago, then.

And should be at about 10:1 at idle.
wasnt saying your motor would blow up, just due to the added fuel pressure incurred after installing a walbro and the age of SR injectors now, the added fuel pressure CAN cause the injector to stick open permanently. my original set of fuel injectors on my current SR had this happen (cylinder #2 stuck open and would flood). i installed a brand new set of SR purple top OE injectors a few years back and i havent had a single problem since (and no, the o-rings were NOT leaking either, they were all intact and clean when i pulled the first set of injectors)

Old 03-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #19329
e1_griego
Post Whore!

I think you're looking for a causal relationship when really it's just age that's the problem.

20 year old injectors die. I know PLENTY of stock FPR SRs with walbros that have run fine for years.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:35 PM   #19330
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
What's up with the forums lately. Getting error messages and shit. Any time I try to list some shit the forum crashes.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:09 AM   #19331
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Whats the scoop on replacement rear wheel bearings? Obviously OEM is great, but 200$ isn't. I know some platforms aftermarket bearings are shit, some aren't.

Any bad experiences with NON Nissan dealer stuff?

Also, are the bearings different per 4 lug & 5 lug? (S14)
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:13 AM   #19332
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorgs_7 View Post
Whats the scoop on replacement rear wheel bearings? Obviously OEM is great, but 200$ isn't. I know some platforms aftermarket bearings are shit, some aren't.

I didn't think you could buy just the rears. Thought you had to get the whole HUB assembly?
ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #19333
ellopuppet
Leaky Injector

ellopuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
What's up with the forums lately. Getting error messages and shit. Any time I try to list some shit the forum crashes.
I haven't had any issues in the past few days. Could be a certificate issue on your end maybe.
ellopuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 08:25 AM   #19334
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:

The 240 might be the same, but Timken bearings are considered the OEM equivalent for the G35/350Z bearings. Moog is also a good brand. Rock auto has Timken rear bearings for $78 each currently. The actual bearings are the same, it's the hub assembly that gets pressed into the bearing that's different.

I've used Timken on our Armada (had to replace 3 bearing on that truck so far) and I'll be replacing the rears on my G35 this weekend. The G35 is similar to the 240 in that the hub has to be pressed into the bearing. The hub is actually hard to find (and pricey).
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:29 AM   #19335
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:

seriously, dont be broke dick! if youre gonna complain about having to spend $200 on such an important part for your car... you probably shouldnt be building these cars!

not being a dick, just being honest.

Old 03-11-2016, 12:37 PM   #19336
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
seriously, dont be broke dick! if youre gonna complain about having to spend $200 on such an important part for your car... you probably shouldnt be building these cars!

not being a dick, just being honest.
Im not even going to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
The 240 might be the same, but Timken bearings are considered the OEM equivalent for the G35/350Z bearings. Moog is also a good brand. Rock auto has Timken rear bearings for $78 each currently. The actual bearings are the same, it's the hub assembly that gets pressed into the bearing that's different.

I've used Timken on our Armada (had to replace 3 bearing on that truck so far) and I'll be replacing the rears on my G35 this weekend. The G35 is similar to the 240 in that the hub has to be pressed into the bearing. The hub is actually hard to find (and pricey).
Yeah, Ive had good experience with Timken in the past for GM vehicles. Wasn't sure what people have had good luck with around here.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:05 PM   #19337
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Can anyone tell me what the very bottom hose is used for? I'm new to SRs and can figure it out, I'm thinking it's for the RHD firewall? Thanks!

AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:17 PM   #19338
e1_griego
Post Whore!

heater core lines.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:41 PM   #19339
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Im not even going to start.

Yeah, Ive had good experience with Timken in the past for GM vehicles. Wasn't sure what people have had good luck with around here.
I guess Timken is a good brand to go for then, even outside the Nissan/Infiniti circles.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:32 PM   #19340
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

AnonymousBlackX is an unknown quantity at this point
Today I went to jump start and it absolutely wouldn’t jump start. After taking a break I got it to turn on I grabbed a buddy and took it to Walgreens to let her charged grabbed some brews and went home. I put her in garage and shut her off hoping that the battery charged enough to turn her back on and as soon as I turned it off boom completely dead no gauges nothing. Last time I went and took her for a long ride it would at least so me what the low voltage is.

when she was running the volts where at 13.3 and obviously the alternator is doing some type of work but not enough? I've never seen that after I shut it off no electrical at all any opinions??? oh and how do I get this thing that is smarter than me to read my battery voltage....
Old 03-11-2016, 03:35 PM   #19341
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousBlackX View Post
oh and how do I get this thing that is smarter than me to read my battery voltage....
start by turning it from off to the part that says voltage hahahaha. it also needs batteries to work
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:37 PM   #19342
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

it doesnt need batts after watching as youtube video I then looked at my car and my battery is pushing a mighty 0.00 volts

what could be causing it to not charge and since it has been dead for 3 months would that ruin my battery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
start by turning it from off to the part that says voltage hahahaha. it also needs batteries to work
Old 03-11-2016, 03:56 PM   #19343
Jibbberish
Leaky Injector

Jibbberish is an unknown quantity at this point
So I've got a troubling problem. Running a pretty much stock blacktop sr. Just has FMIC, boost controller (that's turned off, so its just on wastegate pressure), t28, and that's about it. Atmospheric bov as well which comes with its own issues but shouldn't cause this.

Problem is it's going WAAAAY lean at idle, and too lean while cruising. At idle it'll go off the gauge on my AEM wideband, which means 18+. Cruising it was at like 16+, and wide open it was just fine in the high 11's to low 12's.

So I've got the crappy little AFC neo, and I had to go +50 (which is the max) at 500rpm, and +28 at 1000rpm to get the afr at idle to sit around 14.6. And sometimes the engine will shutter for a second and the afr will go down to like 11 then slowly climb back up. Values at other revs had to go to between like +5 and +8 to get cruising afr to high 14's, low 15's. All these settings were done at a local shop on a dyno, timing was checked in the process.

I don't seem to have any vacuum or boost leaks. Wide open it runs just fine. What's goin on here?
Few other symptoms:
-When letting the car decelerate in gear, often times there'll be a loud ass pop that kinda sounds like an intake backfire at 1500rpm. Always at 1500. I assume it's because I'm throwing so much fuel at it down there, but I thought that shouldn't matter off throttle?
-Also, if I clutch in and let the revs drop it'll drop to like 600 and shutter for a second then surge back up to idle. Not due to the bov because in this case i'm not gassing it before I put the clutch in.
-At super low throttle cruising (like 1-5%, when i'm just barely on the gas going downhill or something) it'll go rich as hell, like 12. Increase throttle to 8%ish and up and it'll go back to around 15.

Sorry if this is long winded as fuck lol trying to give a good description.
Jibbberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 05:04 PM   #19344
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

sounds like youre pulling air post MAF, pre turbo... are you using t-bolt clamps and thick couplers or screw clamps and paper thin couplers? you may also be leaking air at the intake manifold as well, get a torque wrench and check torque on all of the intake manifold bolts.

also, clean your MAF and check the MAF plug pins inside of the plug from the wiring harness.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:12 PM   #19345
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

Today I went to jump start and it absolutely wouldn’t jump start. After taking a break I got it to turn on I grabbed a buddy and took it to Walgreens to let her charged grabbed some brews and went home. I put her in garage and shut her off hoping that the battery charged enough to turn her back on and as soon as I turned it off boom completely dead no gauges nothing. Last time I went and took her for a long ride it would at least so me what the low voltage is.

when she was running the volts where at 13.3 and obviously the alternator is doing some type of work but not enough? I've never seen that after I shut it off no electrical at all any opinions???
Old 03-11-2016, 06:13 PM   #19346
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
heater core lines.
I know I need the conversion hoses but can I just delete the whole bottom hose?
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:10 AM   #19347
Abc916

Abc916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone walk me through changing the motor mounts to a ka24de? I know everyone tells me to search but already did in the search engine. Maybe just some helpful advice and tips. Please and thanks
Abc916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #19348
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abc916 View Post
Can anyone walk me through changing the motor mounts to a ka24de? I know everyone tells me to search but already did in the search engine. Maybe just some helpful advice and tips. Please and thanks
buy motor mounts
remove old motor mounts
install new mounts,
done

also pretty sure all the sr/ka mounts are the same, don't think there is dedicated "ka24de" mounts
ca mounts might be different, but I'm pretty sure they're all basically the same
motor has to be outside of the car haha, that's the 1st step FYI
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #19349
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
motor has to be outside of the car haha, that's the 1st step FYI

Don't give advice if you don't know what the fuck your are talking about.

You can easily support the engine with a cherry picker. Guys also use a jack, but I wouldn't do that unless you have an aftermarket aluminum cast pan.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:47 AM   #19350
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abc916 View Post

Dood, seriously?

I typed "change 240sx engine mounts" in google.

First link...http://importnut.net/nismomm.htm
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote