Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:44 PM   #61
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dluevanos01 View Post
Never been a fan of super baby sized wheels lol but looks great.
Baby sized! Shit man these are fucking perfect! lol it's cool dude. Never been a big fan of oversized wheels
Old 04-14-2015, 11:10 PM   #62
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
First-world decisions...

Dart Izumi on the right and Works9 on the left.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:28 PM   #63
meoww
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
meoww is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sub

clean build, subbing!
meoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #64
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I've been gone for a little while. My wife's Grandpa is here from Japan so all of my free time is spent in Temecula...you know, not doing car things -__-

I've done the following:

Replaced cluster bulbs
Sold Works9
Installed rear Carbing bar/trimmed interior
Installed front Carbing bar/removed because it hits the motor FUCK !
Replaced headlights with BNIB Koito replacements from Japan

...and that means I STILL haven't done the subframe bushings or installed my Dart Izumi/Cobra Flex downpipe. I'm an asshole.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:03 AM   #65
GreinTime

Trader Rating: (0)
GreinTime is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's alright to be an asshole as long as you know you're an asshole man it's the people that are blissfully unaware that are the worst!

Keep up the good work man, and I just want to reiterate: Coming from someone who just graduated from a college with a high performance motorsports program (you can Google it and figure out which one lol) it's nice to see someone actually take the time to do things right and buy parts for quality over what ever the cheapest thing they can find on Ebay is.
GreinTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 09:36 AM   #66
ABQ_STATIC

ABQ_STATIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Just read this thread, subbed for badassery.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:04 AM   #67
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreinTime View Post
It's alright to be an asshole as long as you know you're an asshole man it's the people that are blissfully unaware that are the worst!

Keep up the good work man, and I just want to reiterate: Coming from someone who just graduated from a college with a high performance motorsports program (you can Google it and figure out which one lol) it's nice to see someone actually take the time to do things right and buy parts for quality over what ever the cheapest thing they can find on Ebay is.
Hahahah which program? I actually want to use my GI Bill to do a certain BMW program. I've got a buddy that did it and the pay is awesome considering you get to work in a temperature-controlled, brick-floored, high-tech garage. Oh and you can bring your personal car in on the weekends to wrench.

Thanks for the kind words. I get distracted by 'flashy' parts sometimes and I need to stay on the straight and narrow. It sucks to watch my car sit because I've been putting off doing the subframe bushings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ_STATIC View Post
Just read this thread, subbed for badassery.
Dude. I wanna see that hardbody in your sig picture...
Old 04-24-2015, 10:14 AM   #68
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Dude. I wanna see that hardbody in your sig picture...
#NoHomo

Pics of your new installs.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:29 AM   #69
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
#NoHomo

Pics of your new installs.
"PHRASING. BOOM!"

...I knew that was a poor chose of words. I'll probably do a huge update next week sometime. Maybe over the weekend. I want to get the subframe bushings in as well.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:49 PM   #70
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Glad you decided to keep the car...what subframe bushings did you decide on?

Also subbed for badassery.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:12 PM   #71
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Sorry for going AWOL. I get these bouts of depression where I just go to work, come home, and do fucking NOTHING.

I've accomplished a few things, though. They are as follows:

Had exhaust manifold and turbo gaskets replaced which put an end to that shitty leak. The PBM Cobra Flex downpipe also went in. I underestimated how bad it was because my car feels like it's finally alive. That's probably a testament to how much I wasn't driving it.

I installed the Battle Version RUCA and did an alignment myself. I ordered brand new hardware from Nissan so it held up the install.

I FINALLY got the accent stripes from Nissan. Putting them on was shitty because I fucking loathe applying stickers/decals. I could install coilovers faster.

Most importantly I've actually been driving the God damn thing. I've been adding photos on Instagram but I haven't taken any good ones for this thread. If your sub'd...I apologize. I plan to get my fender work done tomorrow and tweak the ride height a smidge. I also have an appointment on Monday to get a custom mid-pipe made so I can install the Dart Izumi. The one on my car was about 6.5" too short. Go fucking figure. Once I get these things done I'd like to find some awesome swaybars and finish up with the rest of Battle Version's suspension components. I need to 'clean up' the engine bay a little so I'll try to actually take pictures of that.

I finally sourced some 180SX side markers and won the bidding war on them from Japan. I got a pair for less than the Nismo Shop sells a single one for. Thank God for small favors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRex View Post
Glad you decided to keep the car...what subframe bushings did you decide on?

Also subbed for badassery.
I was going to pick some PBM ones up but they've been out of stock for-fucking-EVER. In addition to underestimating the exhaust leak I also underestimated how bad my first alignment was. This was actually impacting the handling more than the subframe bushings. Now there's only a negligible amount of slop in the rear. I think I'm going to wait for a powdercoated subframe to pop up in the marketplace, buy it, press in some solid bushings, and then install it. It'll save me the hassle of removing the OEM ones.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:36 PM   #72
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Here's a few shitty pictures. I'm beginning to think I need smaller tires. The car sits like a fucking muscle car right now

Old 06-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #73
JRex
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
JRex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
PBM bushings are back in stock by the way. I've been checking to order some for myself.
Old 06-09-2015, 02:52 PM   #74
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
How long have you been married for?

Son of a gun!
I never knew there was a Canadian spec headliner for the manual seat belts...
Maybe you can stuff some old gym socks in that void?
Old 06-09-2015, 09:08 PM   #75
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRex View Post
PBM bushings are back in stock by the way. I've been checking to order some for myself.
I'll have to check with the one near me. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
How long have you been married for?

Son of a gun!
I never knew there was a Canadian spec headliner for the manual seat belts...
Maybe you can stuff some old gym socks in that void?
...too long LOL. Just kidding, Three years and some change.

Dude my OCD won't permit me to do all that. I sold the seatbelts. I'm going to get a Takata harness for the driver's side and use the rear seatbelt mounting points. If Takata says it's okay to used in a daily then it's gotta be better than the roller-coaster-track-riding-over-the-shoulder-shit I have now haha.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:58 PM   #76
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Well you made that decision fast!

I am going to miss your wolf Party God avatar btw.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:22 PM   #77
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
Well you made that decision fast!

I am going to miss your wolf Party God avatar btw.
Yeah man I had/have too many parts piling up in my spare room

Dude if you watched Rick & Morty you'd understand. That show is fucking hilarious lol.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:31 PM   #78
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Sold Works9
still hate ya for it.

how you been feelin man? everything alright?
hope you/car are doing well!

Quote:
I'll have to check with the one near me. Thanks!
thought that was your answer to "how long have you been married" for a second. laughed real hard
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:08 AM   #79
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
still hate ya for it.

how you been feelin man? everything alright?
hope you/car are doing well!
Dude the Dart Izumi is pretty rad, though. Only Nissan guys will know what it is because it lacks ANY sort of markings but I love how obnoxious it is...sometimes lol.

Car is fine. I've been driving it to/from work regularly with no issues. I just haven't updated here because I haven't done shit lol. I stripped the tint and had some clear tint with UV protection put on. Fishbowl look without the negative side effects. Once I get new (smaller-ish...?) tires then I can dial it in better. It looks a little lame at the current ride height. Needs to be planted a little better.

I've been busy at work. Trying to negotiate orders and there are a shit ton of exercises going on. I'm thinking about getting a trailer and taking the car to Nisei Showoff in August, though.

Quote:
thought that was your answer to "how long have you been married" for a second. laughed real hard
...just had to call the one in this area code
Old 07-12-2015, 12:44 PM   #80
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i like this build
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 09:40 PM   #81
dizzariot
Post Whore!

It's been a while. Tire shop recently told me that the 205/50s I bought were actually 'not approved' by them so they had to swap them out with 205/45s or void my warranty. I got free tires out of the mix but I don't really like them. I might have to give in and get 17s. The leak in my front cover seems to be getting a tad worse. Nothing too serious but it's bugging the shit out of me.

In other news, I might be getting fucked out of the orders I want. That means I'll be going to Japan and I've been contemplating on my car. Sell it or store it. Today I just wanted to be rid of it. Everything is a fight when it comes down to nuts and bolts and I used to enjoy it. Today I just said 'fuck it' and parked it again.

-D.

* Had to edit the photo to show the ride height in the back. The front is really pissing me of since I was running out of daylight. I love Feal suspension but they need to go just a tad bit lower.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:53 AM   #82
dallasc
Leaky Injector

dallasc is an unknown quantity at this point
good luck finding those louvers for sale those are rare oem as fuck and if you do find them be prepared to loose a lot of $$$
dallasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:23 PM   #83
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasc View Post
good luck finding those louvers for sale those are rare oem as fuck and if you do find them be prepared to loose a lot of $$$
...dude I'd totally keep these if I sell the car lol.

In other news I've been missing this guy lately:

Kind-sorta would love to have both.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:01 PM   #84
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
fuck those louvres you idiot I got mine for $6.93 on YAJ fckin noob

Edit: just buy both then YAJ has 86s for like 7k..
Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:10 PM   #85
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
fuck those louvres you idiot I got mine for $6.93 on YAJ fckin noob

Edit: just buy both then YAJ has 86s for like 7k..
trollololololol I love it when they reference YAJ but then don't just buy the parts there. Discontinued parts aren't worth shit, anyway.

I think taking an LHD S13 to Japan would be cool for track days but an FRS would be nice to cruise the mountains. I don't even know if I got Japan orders yet, sooo...
Old 11-11-2015, 07:01 PM   #86
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Figured I'd start this up again since winter (California, pfft) is starting. I got orders to Yokosuka and this car is up for sale. The place my wife works for is going out of business so I'll be using the Forester to commute more.

In the meantime, I'll be using my time left here to do random maintenance things and take the car an cruises I've always wanted to go on (Palomar Mountain, Julian, etc.) and spruce up some things. I'm ordering some Chase Bays power steering hoses tomorrow and calling a buddy of mine to snag the rest of the Battle Version arms I need. I also want to drop the power steering rack, replace the boots/hoses, and clean up everything.

My car is (finally) a weekend car now that my wife will be staying at home to focus her attention on schoolwork and keeping our dogs entertained during their quarantine.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #87
namawon
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
namawon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Your car was on speedhunters wasn't it?
Old 11-12-2015, 05:28 PM   #88
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by namawon View Post
Your car was on speedhunters wasn't it?
Hah yeah. I got a picture in there where they listed the wheel size wrong. Still stoked that Mike Garrett thought my car was clean.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #89
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Orange spec r seats? You and I are now friends.
Old 11-12-2015, 05:40 PM   #90
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Orange spec r seats? You and I are now friends.
Yes sir! The last two people to notice them called them 'shitty orange seats' and said that I had 'bad taste'. I love this forum.