Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-31-2012, 02:41 AM   #1
lscustoms
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
lscustoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
In Need of Personal Opionion On choosing between two cars

Ok i know there is some ppl on here that might think this is stupid.... I would understand why... so flame on... but i recently posted my DD 91 Inifinty M30 that is rb25det up for trade, and i got a offer for a 99 Q45t that i am really leaning towards but may, need advise from some one looking at this thru the out side with pros and cons about it.

THIS IS MY DAILY lets start off with a little background on me, which always helps. i am 21, have a gf which doesnt drive manual, well in the process of learning. Live at home with mom and dad, mostly beacuse my dad suffered a stroke, and i help look out after him. I currently was laid off cause it was slow at a mom and pops shop i worked at, so currently looking for a job which is another factor in this. and income well lets say around 300-400 per month.

Info on the cars the 91 M30 is a clean title, swap was done professionally, and has no issues what so ever no Leaks, No rough idle, i can say nothing wrong mechanically. It has ac but when u use it temp on radiator goes up i think due to the small stock ka radiator im running. already on coils and works vsmx and have bride seats. other then that this car has NO I MEAN NONE, Aftermarket part no aero or Exterior every thing is custom made. oh and has 180k miles and i go thru gas like crazy

Car im being traded is 99 q45t im sure my insurance will go up, its already on megan coils and has adjustable arms, body is ok has dings and scracthes, also will come with some 19x11 knock off wheels we all know. owners claims to have had timing belt replaced and maintance up to date.

so i need some input between the car im already in love with m30 or this new possible trade, thanks for reading thru and your time. and plz no negative comments.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
do you love your car?

i see no reason to trade if your car isn't breaking down on you.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:51 AM   #3
lscustoms
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah i love it, i just feel the lack of aftermarket support sucks, and wouldnt mind a 4 door....
Old 08-31-2012, 06:24 AM   #4
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I'd keep the M30...I imagine a stock RB25 will have a better gas mileage than a V8 Q45.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:09 AM   #5
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You will hate yourself for settling for a car you don't love. Everyone that is old enough by now has probably regretted getting rid of a car they loved for something that was just...meh.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 AM   #6
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Why dont you have a poll set up so you will see the overall result easier?
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
I could have sworn alot of the suspension components on the M30 is the same shit as S13s. Plus, we got enough members in Japan who can order parts for you off Laurels and Cefiros.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:26 AM   #8
davirene
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (21)
davirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nicedavirene is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Your car sounds great.....I dont think I would do that trade.....Post some pics so we can see the trade your talking about?
Old 08-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #9
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
I don't see why you would want to get rid of your existing car?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #10
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
keep same car, stop spending money, save up, get a job.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
DonnyD

Trader Rating: (0)
DonnyD is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
If you dont want the car anymore, like as in you would just straight sell it, then consider the value on both. If it was just offered and thats whats making you consider trading, then keep it...if that makes sense
Old 08-31-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
slow_sr20
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
slow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant futureslow_sr20 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
trading the car YOU built for another will not help your financial situation-SO WHY DO IT. the Q45 won't change your life. Keep the M30. Theres plenty that can be done to those cars, you just have to have patience, and know where to look.......and for motivation, heres some pics of my old MtreeOH

slow_sr20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
this is his car. search bitches.

http://zilvia.net/f/cars-sale/470963...n-leopard.html

if you trade you are an idiot. tell your ho gf to learn how to drive stick or get her own damn car.

get a job, grow up, go to school, get a good job.
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
SongsiiSoon

SongsiiSoon is an unknown quantity at this point
You should keep the m30.
SongsiiSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I don't see the logic in trading. Keep it or make a smart move.
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #16
BarrigaS14
Zilvia Member

BarrigaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
I could have sworn alot of the suspension components on the M30 is the same shit as S13s. Plus, we got enough members in Japan who can order parts for you off Laurels and Cefiros.
I thought most were from the Z31
Old 08-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #17
lscustoms
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrigaS14 View Post
I thought most were from the Z31
NO all front suspension is Swapped from a s13
Old 08-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #18
240Shwag
Zilvia Member

240Shwag is an unknown quantity at this point
Do not sell car.
240Shwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 01:42 AM   #19
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
21 years old? 300-400 income while you live rent free?

that "vip" whip you want so bad on the knock off 19x11's wont help you at all get anywhere good in life. not to mention be no better on gas mileage than anything else you got.

use your car to go and get a job.

I've had many GF's and NONE of them have ever driven any of my cars.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:36 PM   #20
kornaz
Zilvia Addict

kornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfectionkornaz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to kornaz Send a message via Yahoo to kornaz
Keep the M30. No way it's worth trading to that boat of Q45.
The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
kornaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #21
Maikeru5
Leaky Injector

Maikeru5 is an unknown quantity at this point
M30 all the way.
Maikeru5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #22
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
you're broke homie. don't trade a car so you can have a car that has better after-market support. keep your car, save your money, find a better paying job
Old 09-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #23
Jsal32
Zilvia Member

Jsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really niceJsal32 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
you're broke homie. don't trade a car so you can have a car that has better after-market support. keep your car, save your money, find a better paying job
Exactly.

But I would add sell your M30, get a good reliable daily for less than what u sell ur car for and keep the rest of the cash for an emergency. Go to school, get a degree or learn a trade, start working and really help your family. Stop thinking about car builds or cars in general.

Sounds like you're a good kid (being that you're staying home to help your parents). Be patient and if you work hard hopefully things will turn around and you'll get to enjoy cars later.

Keep your head up and be positive.

Jose
Jsal32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #24
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Sounds like you have mixed up priorities.

You should trade your car for a car with good gas mileage (plus cash), that you won't mod, and use that to get some job applications.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote