Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:44 AM   #1
Mr. white
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Mr. white is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mr. white
Sr20 part throttle faster than full throttle

I put a new turbo and some injectors installed on my car earlier this year and have had nothing but issues with the car since. The first issue was the vacuum readings dropped to around -18hg from -20. No big deal. I finally got a wideband installed and it will idle at 16.5 if there is no correction from the power fc. The bigs issue is that i feel a hug loss of power at any psi the car feels to hit a wall. I can accelerate at partial throttle and their would be no change if I put my foot to the floor, where preciously it was noticable on an S15 turbo. That biggest thing is that my CAS will no long line up in the center. I have to adjust it to get it to line up at 15btdc. So, it does not sit in the middle (although, I was told to do this with the old turbo setup and just kind of left it, but I cant get it to go back)

I am quite confused of what to focus on to figure this out. Anyone have any suggestions?

Setup
S14 sr20det
2871r
550cc (was told this, will try stockers)
Built head minus cams
Z maf

-Lawz
Mr. white is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2014, 12:51 AM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
You're running a power fc? Who tuned it? You shouldn't have to mechanically adjust the CAS.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 04:33 AM   #3
Croustibat
Nissanaholic!

Croustibat is an unknown quantity at this point
Get someone to set the CAS at its right point. If he cant, it means the timing is out one tooth, so you need to take care of that.

Then get someone to map your car, AND NEVER TOUCH THAT PFC OR CAS AGAIN.
Croustibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:12 AM   #4
Mr. white
Leaky Injector

I was running a map from steve shadows. He told me to adjust the cas 5 degrees after syncing the power fc to the ignition timing. Ever since then, I haven't been able to re adjust it back where it is suppose to go.

I know how to set my timing. I took the valve cover off. The links line up on the intake and exhaust side, but the CAS wont line up where it should without being turned. Which throws it off so that it wont align in the center on both sides. Could it be the CAS it self?
Old 07-08-2014, 08:52 AM   #5
Livinstrong

Trader Rating: (3)
Livinstrong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. white View Post
I was running a map from steve shadows. He told me to adjust the cas 5 degrees after syncing the power fc to the ignition timing. Ever since then, I haven't been able to re adjust it back where it is suppose to go.

I know how to set my timing. I took the valve cover off. The links line up on the intake and exhaust side, but the CAS wont line up where it should without being turned. Which throws it off so that it wont align in the center on both sides. Could it be the CAS it self?
No offense, but if you can't get it to line up without being turned, you're not doing it right. I know when I had to reset base timing when I first got my 240 I was about to chuck my CAS because I thought the same thing. It just takes time and patience. There's quite a few decent informative videos on YouTube for the subject, such as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpuQQNj6vW0
Old 07-12-2014, 08:07 AM   #6
Mr. white
Leaky Injector

I appreciate it. I have set the CAS before but, this time, it wouldn't line up. That is why I mentioned it.

I think what is really worrying me is: on my PFC commander, my injector duty % reads about 49-54% on a wot pull.

The thing is that it never increases no,matter how much boost I am running. I could see 54 at 18psi, but I could see it at 10 or 12 too. My afrs do not read lean and are fairly rich, actually. I realize this is at different load points, it just holds back. If set to 18psi and do a WOT pull, it feels the same as it did at 10 or 12psi when boost locks in.

Anyone have a pfc with 550s have some of those duty numbers you can share?

Last edited by Mr. white; 07-12-2014 at 02:37 PM..
Old 07-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #7
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Why not contact Steve and do some diagnostic work with him. Maybe there is something fishy going on in the PFC. It is quite odd that you cannot get the CAS to line up. Are you positive you're at TDC on cyl1? I'm not sure why everyone makes it out to be so complicated to set up. It's pretty damn simple really.