Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #1
K_never_broke_again
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
K_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
[SOLVED]transmission difficult to shift

ok I did search through here and found some good info but nothing gave me a good answer. So basically my transmission is very hard to shift, through all the gears, to the point where i have to put all of my weight on the shifter. reverse is especially bad, itll grind every time you have to pretty much jam it in there if you want to use it. This problem started a couple months ago, it wasnt all of a sudden but more of a progressive thing. so far ive adjusted the pedal, replaced the clutch fluid, bled it, replaced the slave, none of that did anything. today I dropped the trans, hoping to find a messed up fork or throwout bearing, nothing at all. everything seems fine with the the fork and the clutch as well(all springs are intact). so at this point what could the problem be? I replaced the master cylinder about a year ago I find it hard to believe thats the problem. The slave cylinder is extending all the way as well. I also cant see it being the synchros as theres difficulty in every gear especially reverse which doesnt even have synchros. at this point im stumped, probably going to do the shifter bushings and the master cylinder for the hell of it, but besides that does anyone have any ideas of what the problem could be? I was thinking maybe the soft line portion of the clutch line is expanding causing the clutch to not disengage all the way. if anyone has any ideas please let me know!!!

Last edited by K_never_broke_again; 06-15-2021 at 10:08 PM..
K_never_broke_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links