Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Question Probably moving to California, will I be hassled by the man for driving a low 240sx?

I'm applying to college in California, more specifically, Pasadena.

Everyone talks about how bad California is as far as owning a modified car and having to deal with cops/emissions.

My plan is to keep the car registered in FL (maybe in a family member's name?) as to avoid inspection/emissions.

There is probably some sort of law against not transferring the registration, but is this an even semi-feasible idea..or am I going to get pulled over every day and have to get the car inspected?
Old 01-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
your better off just transferring the tittle to California, and making it a track car only. or put it back to stock Engine. or just suck it up and deal with it/. that's what it comes down to. and that is why most of us just have a track car and deal with getting hassled

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #3
TravisSW
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
TravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfectionTravisSW is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TravisSW
You -can- be harassed for anything in California. Just let it go.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Depending on the area, but they way I see it if your looking to get attention you'll get more than enough. If your stickered up, slammed to the ground and have a louder as exhaust with HID'd. I drive daily with tint, exhaust and lowered a bit and have only been pulled over twice, both times I was dead wrong. When Im doing the right thing I can cruise beside local LE and not even worry about it. The plate thing will work maybe twice tops before your caught, seen it in person the judge has heard it all before.
Old 01-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
DALAZ_68
not giving a fuck

Trader Rating: (104)
DALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfectionDALAZ_68 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 104 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DALAZ_68 Send a message via Yahoo to DALAZ_68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardabe View Post
your better off just transferring the tittle to California, and making it a track car only. or put it back to stock Engine. or just suck it up and deal with it/. that's what it comes down to. and that is why most of us just have a track car and deal with getting hassled
pretty much sums it up

CLUB LEXUS : Wh0pp3r
DALAZ_68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #6
s14_driver
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
s14_driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i personally think it depends on the cops mood and the time of day cause i can pass by cops and they wont look at me and just let me do my thing and other days they follow me untill i do something wrong like go 1 mph over the limit (i actually did get pulled over for that) just to pull you over
Old 01-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #7
payne219
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
payne219 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I would say keep the car registered else where.

If your rockin a front mount, paint it black. Get a low key exhaust, run both your plates and just cruise.

Ive havent been pulled over once.
payne219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #8
Nismentality
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
Nismentality is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Some pigs are oinking much harder than before! California is money hungry.
i despise the stupid emissions laws in california and not to long ago Obama was reviewing emissions standards in California when the bush administration didnt want to mess with. I guess there are less pros and more cons for the california car enthusiasts.
Nismentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #9
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
well,
keeping your florida plates,
will get you pulled over, i bought my car
from a guy that had it still registered in FL
so i got pulled over sometimes, and the car was basically stock but lowered with the 3 rear windows tinted lol
if your car is modded,
and its the end of the month or beginning
cops are out for tickets,
and as for smog ppl,
if you got friends here talk to them.

but when cops pull you over and your being nice and respectful they'll run your shit, give you warning and let you go.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:12 PM   #10
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
what ethnicity are you?
Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #11
loosesocksdiff
Zilvia Junkie

loosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of lightloosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of lightloosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of lightloosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of lightloosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of lightloosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of lightloosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of lightloosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of lightloosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of lightloosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of lightloosesocksdiff is a glorious beacon of light
just drive slow homes, pump those brakes. i daily my car and i never get hasseled. and i live in san berghetto.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #12
coww-cho!!!!!
Zilvia FREAK!

coww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the roughcoww-cho!!!!! is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to coww-cho!!!!!
characteristics of how you drive plays a role so dont drive like a dipshit. skim read the cali DMV book to get the jist of it
if you want your car to get attention it will!
it is not as bad as everyone praises it to be just obey the traffic laws,
dont be a dick to the cops.

i have gotten pulled over because the a cop thought i didnt have a front license plate. i told him politely that i had mine relocated to the right and looked over and said alrighty have a nice day.

the second time i had gotten pulled over was because my license plate light bulbs were out(i didnt know) they pulled me over and i just said "i didnt know they were like that" and his partner also said i had an illegal exhaust and i just told them i did not know it was illegal because it looked stock. so they just decided to let me go and asked if i can replace the license plate bulbs.

the third time was because i did the california roll at one of the stop signs near my house and he asked me where i was going and i just said that i was going to my gf's house to pick her up and buy something for my parents anniversary which i really wasnt lol

everyone has there experiences and like s14 driver said it also depends on the cops mood cali drivers arent always the best lol
**CoUpe LOve** #3
coww-cho!!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:02 AM   #13
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
your car is one color, matching wheels, throw a front license plate and no loud exhaust, and keep decals to a minimum, you will be alright.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #14
DUFFM4N
Post Whore!

Location: Southern California...where i stretch out haters like a bad thong
Trader Rating: (40)
DUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfectionDUFFM4N is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DUFFM4N Send a message via Yahoo to DUFFM4N
(IVE ONLY READ THE TITLE TO THIS THREAD)

...DONT move to California...

the end

things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who HUSTLE

CLICK HERE FOR MY BLOG
DUFFM4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:19 AM   #15
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
^^ lol at your location.
mau5trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:28 AM   #16
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
both my cars are registered in florida.
i have a fl drivers license.
i've only been pulled over once in the last 2 years (but i drive like a grandma on the streets)
cop couldn't write me up for anything.
i stay in costa mesa when i'm on this coast.
my car is very very very far from stock.

bottom line is there are no guarantees. cops can do whatever they want, and even if they can't make it stick, it can still be a massive hassle/nightmare for you.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:33 AM   #17
HyperTek
Post Whore!

but how do you work if you got a fl license?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #18
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
what ethnicity are you?
lol.
very true since you will be in Pasadena, Glendale and Burbank area it sounds like.

Just post a pic of your car and we will tell you.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:44 AM   #19
Debo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Debo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I heard that they are popping hoods in the Bay Area on S13/14's... Impounding if you have a SR20. Anyone else hear that?
Debo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 12:56 AM   #20
bardabe
Post Whore!

bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debo View Post
I heard that they are popping hoods in the Bay Area on S13/14's... Impounding if you have a SR20. Anyone else hear that?
oh no that's totally unheard of never happened to us before what shall we do?!

get yer flamesuit on

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:03 AM   #21
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro

I dont know where all of em are, but I found these.

Don't worry, you'll be fine
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:07 AM   #22
I LUV MY S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
I LUV MY S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
pasadena is usually chill, just dont bring attention to yourself..such as exhaust, tinted windows, stickers, and you should be fine...ive never had to deal with being lowered, but my tint and exhaust got me unwanted attention, never got a ticket though

-Jorge
I LUV MY S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:16 AM   #23
nmssr08
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
nmssr08 will become famous soon enoughnmssr08 will become famous soon enoughnmssr08 will become famous soon enoughnmssr08 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUFFM4N View Post
(IVE ONLY READ THE TITLE TO THIS THREAD)

...DONT move to California...

the end
LOL!!! that's funny.
nmssr08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #24
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
but how do you work if you got a fl license?
i still have a cali drivers license as well, but even if you don't, you can just get a cali id card.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:59 AM   #25
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
Pasadena PD won't give you any problems, just don't drive like a retard.. I've driven along side Pasadena PD all the time and they'll just mind their own business.. What you need to worry about is Glendale/alhambra/san gabriel area, and the sheriffs in altadena lol.

THEN AGAIN, ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN..
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 03:25 AM   #26
Forge_55b
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Forge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enoughForge_55b will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
main thing is how your exhaust looks and how loud your car is, wheels and lowness are just frosting on the cake for a cop to pull you over after that, the engine is not the main thing you should worry about when being worried about being pulled over. oh also if you aren't white, you probably are more likely to get a ticket if pulled over
Forge_55b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #27
dawagarage
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (23)
dawagarage is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
everyone is giving good advice. it depends on the person's mood, your driving habits, the appearance of your car, etc. i recently moved to san diego & drive to los angeles on the weekends. my car is pretty low, i have WA state plates (front & rear.) i have yet to be pulled over. police officer's can pull you over for anything. 'they' have pulled people over just to make the car belongs to the person driving it.
my advice is be respectable to whomever pulls you over. make sure you have your ish together, license, insurance, registration. when i pass see or pass 'them,' i step on the clutch (RPMs drop=exhaust becomes quiet,) as well as i put my car in cruise control @ the exact speed limit.
dawagarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:57 AM   #28
digitalgiga

Trader Rating: (0)
digitalgiga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I moved my car out here from Colorado and never had a problem. I used California Movers to move my car here. The moving guy gave me some good advice and told me to keep it registered elsewhere, as long as i had plates on the front and back. hope i can help!
digitalgiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 04:41 PM   #29
FREDDYS13
Zilvia Member

FREDDYS13 is on a distinguished road
i live in long beach and i have never been hassled by cops for having a low car .. i have even gotten thumbs up by some the only time they mess with u is when having loud ass exhaust and diffrent color lights like bright colorfull h.i.d s and keep the stickers to a minimum..oo and be a safe driver
this is what i DAILY DRIVE .....
FREDDYS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #30
fcdrifter20
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
fcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to beholdfcdrifter20 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post

I dont know where all of em are, but I found these.

Don't worry, you'll be fine

hahaha i thot i was the only one with a fileing cabinet full of tickets.
fcdrifter20 is offline   Reply With Quote