Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-26-2017, 08:57 AM   #15361
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ice cold wrists? Da fuq does that even mean?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2017, 11:03 AM   #15362
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Stop infesting his bullshit posts on Zilvia as we already know he's an idiot.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:49 PM   #15363
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
"New struts with 1.75" lowered springs" Bull-fucking-shit, its a god damn monster truck

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/c...279966921.html

Duraflex body kit with a fucking eclipse wing in a stunning primer grey to really show its worth $3500

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/c...204801530.html
Old 08-26-2017, 03:46 PM   #15364
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Lmfao, not an S-chassis, but this shit is too funny

https://www.facebook.com/caitlon.sch...97777797235989

Some stance scene "car girl" put these ugly ass perforated wheels on her car, they broke (duh, look at that shitty design), and now she and the wheel company are in a pissing match over who is more stupid.

Quick release bumper because reasons

lol shocker, and while driving thru a parking lot no less

Basic bitch to the max

Dirtiest her hands have ever been
Old 08-26-2017, 04:12 PM   #15365
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Initial Drift has disabled reputation
Besides the fact that those wheels look like shit, the design looks like it was meant to break going over 60 MPH and that it was cast (in relation to that design and price paid for the wheels)....

She spent $4k for those? I feel like that's the biggest part of her DIW.
Initial Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 05:32 PM   #15366
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
lol i was reading that post today. as soon as i saw the quick release bumper shitt i knew i was in for a literary ride
Old 08-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #15367
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The only people dumb enough to buy wheels like that are owners of stanced 5 year old or newer fwd egg cars.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:51 PM   #15368
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Yeah dude all these American companies popping up and selling shit for like $3k - $4k and because people are 'different' they refuse to spend half that on the brands that have been around forever.

Basic Level: Bitch/Fuccboi

I'm sorry I haven't been contributing pictures. I screenshot shit and take pictures of cars on base all the time but I can't bring myself to upload them.
Old 08-27-2017, 12:21 AM   #15369
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
lol what is engineering?

and those bumper things are the worst

i also like how the lips of the wheels are filthy. clearly haven't been cleaned in weeks. way to take care of your $4k wheels. that's DIW right there

Last edited by derass; 08-27-2017 at 10:45 AM..
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:05 AM   #15370
dr_
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
dr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
4K for low pressure cast wheels. FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS.

The only issue here is that they didn't shatter while she was doing 80 down a back road. As shitty of a company they look to be, their responses are awesome. "Warranty voided from camber/stretch"
Read as: "fuck off."
dr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:20 AM   #15371
dr_
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
dr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
4K for low pressure cast wheels. FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS.

The only issue here is that they didn't shatter while she was doing 80 down a back road. As shitty of a company they look to be, their responses are awesome. "Warranty voided from camber/stretch"
Read as: "fuck off."
dr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:41 AM   #15372
Initial Drift
Premium Member

I wouldn't mind spending $4k for forged wheels or any of the tried and true "everybody has them " wheels because I know I'm getting quality. I seriously wonder how people get their money and how they are so willing to easily part with it.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:22 AM   #15373
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Wheel ingenuring at it's finest.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 10:15 AM   #15374
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This thread is great. <3
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:10 PM   #15375
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Initial Drift View Post
I wouldn't mind spending $4k for forged wheels or any of the tried and true "everybody has them " wheels because I know I'm getting quality. I seriously wonder how people get their money and how they are so willing to easily part with it.
that's 'cause they don't actually pay for them, probably "rent to buy them", take a personal loan, "borrow" money from parents or some other shit. Idiots.
Old 08-27-2017, 05:56 PM   #15376
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Stop feeding into her BS, judging by the scars on her wrists she feeds on attention.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:39 PM   #15377
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Her thread was my favorite thread on Friday. The amount of trolling was vanglorious.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:08 PM   #15378
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
I decided to do an FEA analysis on this wheel and here's what I got....Highest stress in the same area..... I think I'll stick with my Panasports...

Old 08-28-2017, 11:42 PM   #15379
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
well done, that was fast.

how did u get the 3d model, did you make it or find it.

I think thats interesting.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:55 AM   #15380
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Seriously. I am quite interested in this too! That's a great tool for anyone doing structural fab work or design.

Plus that model...
Old 08-29-2017, 06:15 AM   #15381
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Lol, congrats on already doing more analysis than the manufacturer.

Info on model, chosen material properties, applied loads, etc?
Old 08-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #15382
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
I made the model with Creo 3, anyone with a basic understanding of CAD can easily recreate this. Also, don't take this analysis too seriously as I did it quickly before bed and just used basic settings.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:03 PM   #15383
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Even if this was a quick mock up, it still shows a design flaw.

I honestly doubt that the company did anything remotely as extensive considering the wheel looks dangerous before you even see that it was a cast face.

I couldn't imagine the carnage that would have happened if that wheel broke while driving on the freeway at 80 MPH or drifting on a track.

This is just in my opinion and I do not have an engineering degree but this feels more like common sense than anything.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #15384
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
or drifting on a track.
like anyone who would buy that wheel would ever be on a track lol
Old 08-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #15385
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Even if this was a quick mock up, it still shows a design flaw.

I honestly doubt that the company did anything remotely as extensive considering the wheel looks dangerous before you even see that it was a cast face.

I couldn't imagine the carnage that would have happened if that wheel broke while driving on the freeway at 80 MPH or drifting on a track.

This is just in my opinion and I do not have an engineering degree but this feels more like common sense than anything.
Not necessarily. There's always going to be a point with the highest stress. The question is if the stress at that point is higher than what the material can handle. Certainly this wheel is no where near optimized since there is so much material under very little stress. But I'd call that poorly designed or having the wrong priorities (style and price rather than weight and strength) rather than an actual flaw. But that's all assuming the model isn't 100% accurate.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:31 PM   #15386
SSJ-S15
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
SSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the roughSSJ-S15 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
Surprised anyone would buy that monstrosity for any purpose
SSJ-S15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:45 PM   #15387
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
do ya'll have any idea how many Michael kors bags and starbucks drinks you can buy with 4 grand?

with that said, it looks like there has been more research done in one post (in the DIW thread, nonetheless) then art in motion has done for that model of wheel. btw, what kind of dumb name for a wheel company is that?

edit:
OT
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...281152964.html
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto...274111988.html
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...267695328.html
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:38 PM   #15388
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

What. The. Hell.

Is in the background of this photo?

Old 08-29-2017, 04:42 PM   #15389
Initial Drift
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
I don't put ANYHTHING past people today. Common sense or any sense seems to not exist. Just think of that troll who shalt not be named anymore. Prime example of that kind of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Not necessarily. There's always going to be a point with the highest stress. The question is if the stress at that point is higher than what the material can handle. Certainly this wheel is no where near optimized since there is so much material under very little stress. But I'd call that poorly designed or having the wrong priorities (style and price rather than weight and strength) rather than an actual flaw. But that's all assuming the model isn't 100% accurate.
While I agree with you on that, I would still consider this to be a flaw given that the materials chosen and method of production did not hold up to the stress exerted. Which they would have been able to observe if they had done extensive R&D. We can see that the R&D they did, if any, was insufficient given that there is a failure in a real life application. I honestly wish that all those small connecting points broke at once.... would have made it even better. But that clean break all around the lug nuts was still amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ-S15 View Post
Surprised anyone would buy that monstrosity for any purpose
Old 08-29-2017, 05:58 PM   #15390
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Last post from me about this...I guess it's still DIW but I'd rather see this thread get back on topic.

I redid the analysis using the same material and forces for each wheel just to keep it even....even though the latter two use way superior materials. I also used the same scale for all three wheels to make it easier to compare. The top number on the scale shows the max amount of stress, the latter two wheels don't even reach the end of the scale.

Feel free to share these pictures so maybe more people will start DIR instead of DIW.